Sniper

Joe Biden: Time to Sue Gun Manufacturers

14 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Sniper:

Now you are just being silly...."BBBut, but, but..... it could have been worse....!!!"    Really?  Give me a break.

AVB-AMG

You’re falling for the Good Guy paradox that the anti-gun crowd always throws out there. If a good guy with a gun is successful in stopping an attack then by definition it isn’t a mass shooting. If enough are killed to warrant that definition then obviously the good guy didn’t matter so that idea is a fallacy. 

9 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Sniper:

Now you are just being silly...."BBBut, but, but..... it could have been worse....!!!"    Really?  Give me a break.

AVB-AMG

Now you are just being a moron.

http://gs2ac.com/agoodguywithagun/2012/12/oregon-mall-shooting-stopped-by-man-carrying-a-concealed-firearm/

Never happened. Right?

• Haha 1

On 10/8/2019 at 9:20 AM, AVB-AMG said:

@Mrs. Peel:

I realize that I probably should have also included the word "young" in my description of the profile of the typical mass-shooter in the U.S. over the past 20 years, so it reads" "young angry white male"

You may recall that two years ago I wrote a post here on NJGF that started with this sentence:
Jack Weinberg, a former New Left activist in the Free Speech Movement at UofC-Berkeley in 1964, is credited in an interview with coining the saying “Don’t trust anyone over 30”.  I wonder if today we should reconsider that claim and reverse it to say “Don’t trust anyone under 30”..

What is it with the youth in our country, as well as in other countries today, when it comes to gun violence and mass shootings?  Specifically, white men under the age of 30.

When looking at 15 of the deadliest mass shootings committed in the U.S. over the past 50 years, I find it very interesting that eleven (11) of the shooters were under the age of 30 and two (2) were under that age of 40.  Statistically, approximately one half of mass shooters are age 30 or younger.  Yet, I also find it interesting that the shooter who killed the most people is over the age of 60....(an anomaly?). What is the motivating cause of these young men to commit such horrendous acts of violence?

It is probably almost impossible to predict who will become a mass shooter. From what I have read, mass shooters tend to have common psychological and behavioral characteristics, including depression, resentment, anger, social isolation, as well as the tendency to externalize blame, rather than internalize it.  They may suffer from various mental illnesses such as neuro-developmental disorders, including Asperger’s syndrome and/or autism spectrum disorder. 

Is it possible to also blame the motivation of some of these mass killers on the increasingly polarized source of news and facts on the internet?  Aside from our mass media, there are a plethora of web sites that purport to provide the honest truth about all topics and issues.  Someone can easily find multiple web sources to affirm their beliefs and then consciously choose not to even read or listen to, let alone consider, alternative or contrary assertions, claims, statements, etc.  Some studies have also detected a link between graphically violent entertainment of movies and video games and the shooters.  Could it be that some of these individuals have such a warped idea about certain things from this self-consciously chosen narrow mindedness, that they are divorced from reality?

I hope that in coming years, sooner rather than later, our society is able to reach a much better understanding of the potential triggers, psychological traits and antecedents which contribute to motivating young men to commit such extreme violence. Ideally, to be able to identify individuals who are more at risk of engaging in mass killings or are on the pathway to intended violence in order that appropriate preventative strategies can be considered and implemented in order to reduce their occurrence.

AVB-AMG

Well for starters, AVB, those children are products of a predominantly Leftist society that controls the discourse, the media, and effects things like the family structure and socio-economic mobility and opportunity, etc.   When a society creates a feel-good, all-students-left-behind (due to Government interference), no personal responbility environment (the gun is the problem), and then tells children that everyone deserves this and that and then these children grow up as entitled, and then they see that the actual world, economics, and such doesn't match the world view that they have been spoon-fed from infancy, and then couple all of that largely "progressive-ladened" baggage with excessive violence in the media and video games, and a inbred lack of concentration and attention span, also caused in part by all of the toxins ingested in the body through medications and actual food, and you might perceive an unhealthy younger population.   And even with all of that crap our children have to contend with, a majority of them still turn out to be functioning individuals in our society.  Lastly, there is a deep loneliness among the youth that are caught up so much with their electronic gadgets that a sense of humanity and reality is missing from them.  A very small percentage are unable to cope and go on to do horrific things, and many of them are involved with drugs and illegal activities as a means of further coping. 

The grand all-encompassing and benign state that you buy into is not the answer.  Humans need family and humans need a higher sense of purpose (religion?) to guide them in their actions.  The government should not be the safety net in our socieity.  The PEOPLE in communities should be that safety net for those that truly need it.  Ronald Reagan grew as a person and learned this lesson moving away from progressivism to a more sustainable and beneficial conservativism that learns from past mistakes.  it's time for you to blossom, AVB.  Here is a quote from pop culture..

Search your feelings... you can't do this. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate.

We have to teach our youth through strong family and community example to be strong, resourceful, and compassionate.  Nobody owes you anything, and life is not fair.  And, the government is NOT The answer.   This progressive nonsense has been going on for the last 50 years or more and does not work.  Things are NOT better.   Joe Biden's government is not the answer.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Good place to post this updated chart of increased homicides/murders in many cities in 2020. Now with Biden in the big kid's chair, what's he going to do about it?

Notice these cities, what do they have in common?

2021.01.30-06.19-revolvernews-6015a324d3

kdz94nkuabp01.jpg

• Like 2