shufly

WTB S&w model 29 or 27

How about narrowing it down a little? Barrel length? Blued or nickel? What specific model (29-2, 27-4 etc)? Stainless acceptable (629 or 627)? Classic versions acceptable? What do you intend to use it for?

I looked on just one for sale site and they listed 92 model 27's and 110 model 29's, also over a hundred 629's - and, as I said, that was one web site.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Wow you guys are great     I left it open cause no ffl around me has them hence “ let me know what u have”  an I’ll make a Decision on if I like it or not,  if I wanted to buy it an not see it in person I would have went on all the sites an looked at the 500 for sale an bought one.       As far as what I’m gunna do with it, I’m gunna put the 400 dollar culina grips on It that i just bought an probably stare at it in the safe    

thanks for the jerk off  inputs 

• Haha 2

Chris:

I have seldom seen anybody respond favorably to a post like yours. Especially in light of the fact that you are looking for primo S&W revolvers. Not sure what you have against buying on line. I can't begin to tell you how many Smiths I've bought on line and have never been disappointed, for that matter I just bought two about 15 minutes ago (consecutive serial number 629-1's).

Nice to be able to hold and fondle before you buy, but if you want a piece that does those Culina's justice you are going to pay salty anyway. Buy from a reputable source like Fugate or one of the other collectors. I'd also suggest you use the S&W forum classifieds.

Good luck with your hunt.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

10 hours ago, Golf battery said:

Bob.  It seems rich is on retainer now. Wow.  Awesome once or double.  Again. 

It would seem that way, wouldn't it? Do you think I could claim him as a dependent?

(NOTE: Rich is my FFL - DBA Kulak Arms out of Lawrenceville, NJ)

Just FYI, Culina and Keith Brown are two of the premiere grip makers for S&W's. Their artistry is unsurpassed and so are their prices. Here are shufly's Culina grips - or stocks as we S&W aficionados prefer...

Culina.jpg

Culina-1.jpg

I'll let shufly tell you more about them.

Shufly: I think you are on the right track - these would do a 27 or 29 justice, but I would say none newer than a -2 iteration. If I were you, I'd also consider a 25-2 or a 24-3 - assuming these are square butt and not a round to square conversion.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

On 10/10/2019 at 3:19 PM, Pizza Bob said:

Just FYI, Culina and Keith Brown are two of the premiere grip makers for S&W's. Their artistry is unsurpassed and so are their prices. Here are shufly's Culina grips - or stocks as we S&W aficionados prefer...

Culina.jpg

Culina-1.jpg

I'll let shufly tell you more about them.

Shufly: I think you are on the right track - these would do a 27 or 29 justice, but I would say none newer than a -2 iteration. If I were you, I'd also consider a 25-2 or a 24-3 - assuming these are square butt and not a round to square conversion.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Jesus they are beautiful