Davyjones

Laws Regarding Borrowing

You mention that you are going deer hunting in PA...... but it seems more like you are fishing in NJ.

If you really have a legitimate question, I recommend rather than asking a bunch of strangers online, you should call the NJ State Police Firearms unit and ask your question.

609-882-2000

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Illegal transfer!

That whole illegal transfer thing is so NJ stupid.  Now that I am in VA I can lend a gun to a neighbor or friend if I want to.

Here is our State Constitutional Provision:

STATE CONSTITUTIONAL PROVISION - Article 1, Section 13.

“That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state, therefore, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed; that standing armies, in time of peace, should be avoided as dangerous to liberty; and that in all cases the military should be under strict subordination to, and governed by, the civil power.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GRIZ said:

PA has no laws preventing lending a long gun to someone who is not prohibited from possessing firearms.  Federal law allows for the same.

You figure it out.

This.

NJ Law is different:

In New Jersey, you may borrow a gun for hunting from the owner of that weapon for a period of no more than eight (8) consecutive hours in a twenty-four (24) hour period; however, you must not be restricted by any of the requirements that would prohibit you from purchasing a weapon yourself, and the weapon's owner must remain in close proximity to you and the weapon at all times.

1 minute ago, Zeke said:

Unless you’re giving non legal information or talking about shooting up a town like Sniper. What are you guys so paranoid of?

you were new once 2. Like don’t put targets on top of a berm

What do you have? Files you keep on this stuff?

• Haha 1