kc17

NH Application

I am in the process of filling out the NH Non-Resident application (since they do not recognize Non-Resident from Utah or Florida). They do not specify the format they want for specifics; example: full middle name or initial only ok, and how height should be entered, 5'6" or 5' 06" or 506 (which I believe is the format Utah and Florida wanted).

They do not list a phone number on the application or the area of the website that deals with applications, which leads me to believe they don't really want phone calls. Any one recall what they did when they applied?

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

I think I did feet and inches and full middle name.

@Golf battery did you finally get yours?

Yes.  I got it.  Took like 3 months.  They screwed up and misplaced it.  Everyone else was getting theirs back within a few weeks 

• Haha 1

Full MI, feet and inches it is I guess. Probably give (optional) SSN as well.

Anyone else send copies of NJFOID and/or other non-resident cards also?

NH website states:

***UPDATE 10/25/16*** Please be advised that due to the New Hampshire Supreme Court opinion Bach v. New Hampshire Department of Safety, ___ N.H. ___ (No. 2014-0721, decided June 2, 2016), Out-of-State Residents applying for a Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License are NOT required to supply the Resident State License Number on Form DSSP 260 and are NOT required to supply either a copy of a valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which they reside OR a letter from their local police department, as described in Saf-C 2102.03(c) and on the reverse of Form DSSP 260.

But I figured it couldn't make the situation worse if I did, right?

7 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Full MI, feet and inches it is I guess. Probably give (optional) SSN as well.

Anyone else send copies of NJFOID and/or other non-resident cards also?

NH website states:

***UPDATE 10/25/16*** Please be advised that due to the New Hampshire Supreme Court opinion Bach v. New Hampshire Department of Safety, ___ N.H. ___ (No. 2014-0721, decided June 2, 2016), Out-of-State Residents applying for a Non-Resident Pistol/Revolver License are NOT required to supply the Resident State License Number on Form DSSP 260 and are NOT required to supply either a copy of a valid concealed carry license issued by the state, county, or town in which they reside OR a letter from their local police department, as described in Saf-C 2102.03(c) and on the reverse of Form DSSP 260.

But I figured it couldn't make the situation worse if I did, right?

This has been discussed here ad nauseam

do a search.  

3 hours ago, kc17 said:

I did a search before I created the thread. The discussions I saw were older, things change.

I think the only thing that might have changed is that, for a short period of time, a NR New Hampshire permit holder was legally able to carry in PA but now you can't because of reciprocity changes. That was courtesy of Josh Shapiro, the PA Attorney General.  I don't think the paperwork changed.

• Thanks 1

This is a line from PA's reciprocity laws as of October 2019.

Pennsylvania recognizes concealed carry licenses issued by states without applying for a separate Pennsylvania concealed carry license – if the concealed carry license holder is (1) a resident of that state and (2) 21 years of age or older.

The red part changed PA to NO CCW for NJ residents with the NON RESIDENT NH CCW!

Link to full document.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Reciprocity-Summary.pdf

8 hours ago, Zeke said:

Ya I think mine was tree weeks tops 

@fishnut how long yours take?

My Non resident took 3 weeks if I remember correctly. 

When I moved up here my resident permit took 8 or 10 days. I picked it up while waiting in line to vote for trump while I was carrying! I'm definitely enjoying my freedom! 

35 minutes ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

Isn't NH constitutional carry these days?

Yes

18 minutes ago, Golf battery said:

Im thinking it is.  But a nh resident needs one for conceal carry.  Like nc does.  I can open carry in nc.  But i need a cc from another state to cc in nc. 

Nope no one needs any permit to carry open or concealed. 

I got my resident permit for resaprocity with other states for when traveling also many people up here will only do a FTF sale with permit holders. 

• Informative 1

I understand why you would get one being  a resident, but what is the advantage for a non resident to get one now? Doesn't allow carry in PA anymore. Does it get you any states the FL, UT or VA non resident carry permits get you?

I had gotten one right before they stopped issuing them to non residents who didn't have a carry permit from their own state. I let it lapse when it wasn't valid in PA anymore.

3 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

Pennsylvania recognizes concealed carry licenses issued by states without applying for a separate Pennsylvania concealed carry license – if the concealed carry license holder is (1) a resident of that state and (2) 21 years of age or older.

The red part changed PA to NO CCW for NJ residents with the NH CCW!

Link to full document.

https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Reciprocity-Summary.pdf

Thank you for the update!

8 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I understand why you would get one being  a resident, but what is the advantage for a non resident to get one now? Doesn't allow carry in PA anymore. Does it get you any states the FL, UT or VA non resident carry permits get you?

NH does not recognize non-resident from Utah or Florida. {Edited to add: which is funny if you think about it since there are more hoops to jump through to get one from Utah or Florida}. I do not think a NH non-resident gets you any other that Utah and/or Florida will (besides Utah), but I admit I did not scrutinize the lists.

I'm getting one because I am planning to attend class(es) at Sig Academy. It is not a requirement, but it will allow me to carry while up there, so why not? $100 for 5 years, no other fees.

Sig Academy does require a FID or carry license (no older than 5 yrs, so my NJFOID is a no-go) or you have to get a background check done through them.

7 hours ago, silverado427 said:

Same one I used. Going in the mail today or tomorrow along with my check.

9 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

I had gotten one right before they stopped issuing them to non residents who didn't have a carry permit from their own state. I let it lapse when it wasn't valid in PA anymore.

I think I could carry in pa for about a week. Story of my life 

23 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

The red part changed PA to NO CCW for NJ residents with the NON RESIDENT NH CCW!

Link to full document.

A New Hampshire permit (or any other permit) will still allow a non-resident to carry firearms in their car in Pennsylvania, as per exception  #11 of PA 6106.  Now if they just lift the ridiculous opioid state of emergency so I can open carry...

• Informative 1

20 hours ago, Oakridgefirearms said:

No, it doesn't get you any additional states.  If you keep UT up to date, you can carry in NH and it will be cheaper to do so.

28 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

No, it doesn't get you any additional states.  If you keep UT up to date, you can carry in NH and it will be cheaper to do so.

USA Carry believes NH does not recognize a Utah non-resident license.

Handgunlaw.us states NH recognizes Utah, but does not specify resident vs. non-resident like USA Carry does.

I could not locate relevant information on the NH website.

image.thumb.png.0ebe2975dae53b894a84622951a71ad5.png

18 hours ago, kc17 said:

USA Carry believes NH does not recognize a Utah non-resident license.

Handgunlaw.us states NH recognizes Utah, but does not specify resident vs. non-resident like USA Carry does.

I could not locate relevant information on the NH website.

image.thumb.png.0ebe2975dae53b894a84622951a71ad5.png

The "Non-Resident" button is on the left side of the www.handgunlaw.us website.  Regarding Non-Resident permits, New Hampshire does not recognize Utah, Utah does recognize New Hampshire.  In the link below, page 11 is New Hampshire, page 16 is Utah.  So regarding your original question:  states you pick up with a Utah NR permit is ..........New Hampshire.  But you probably already figured it out.

https://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/NonResidentPermits.pdf

On 10/15/2019 at 10:16 PM, Oakridgefirearms said:

I understand why you would get one being  a resident, but what is the advantage for a non resident to get one now? Doesn't allow carry in PA anymore.

For when I go to NH.  Same as my Maine permit.