kc17

Somerset range

Did anyone explore the TTC "deal" that was offered while they're closed? I meant to look into it... got bombarded with other stuff. Share, pls, if you have info.

Update: Duh, never mind... there was a PDF attached the 9/6 email. Mind you, this is a special offer for SCFGPA members while the range is closed, it is NOT TTC's usual pricing. Looks like 2 different 6-month memberships are being offered - you can pay in full or monthly - with month-to-month extensions available at the end if needed. "Full access" is 145 in full or 25/mo + discounted range fees, or a "Weekday access" for 115 (or 20/mo) + discounted range fees... and they throw in a few bene's for both packages like some guest passes, etc. Hmmm... does that infer there'll be six-month closure of SCFGPA, or was TTC just trying to collect some extra cash? I don't know.

It might make sense for ME to do it regardless, since I'm already at TTC for other things at least once a month. I have to sit down and crunch the numbers tonight.

what's this "weekday" access thing? I don't remember reading that.

n/m.  it still requires paying per-visit range fees.

it'd be cheaper for me to get off my ass and get out to easton a couple times a month, even including travel/gas costs.

2 hours ago, Sota said:

what's this "weekday" access thing? I don't remember reading that.

n/m.  it still requires paying per-visit range fees.

it'd be cheaper for me to get off my ass and get out to easton a couple times a month, even including travel/gas costs.

Weekday plans are relatively new at public ranges... you are less likely to use it unless you are retired. =)

But if you are close to PA... Easton Fish and Game, or any other PA range will be significantly cheaper.  Only caveat is if you need to shoot indoors or not.

@TacticalTrainingCenter is a great indoor range however with perhaps the best ventilation there is in NJ.   I have no issues shooting there indoors.

Looking forward to the update, since I can’t make it to the meetings.   And the monthly email updates have never mentioned what they are actually doing to the range.  

The range upgrades are progressing and are mostly going to schedule. PSE&G have signed off on the upgraded gas supply, the engineers and town have signed off on the structural steel and the roof should be going on soon.

The estimate is the range will be back in action mid March.

I also spoke with Paul about the returning target system and it sounds like its going to be pretty cool. Not only will the targets travel back and forth, but will also turn edge on. The system will be programmable so I'll be able to use it for IDPA stages too with moving targets and disappearing targets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, kc17 said:

Thanks @Mr.Stu I'm looking forward to getting back!

Upgrades include better ventilation system I hope?

The ventilation is being completely replaced with an up to spec design. It is also including effective heating - up to 30 degrees over ambient iirc which is the reason for the uprated gas supply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1