david8613

Any ar pistol recommendations?

Any ar pistol recommendations? New Jersey legal of course. I have everything I need right now pistol wise, but I have a permit to use soon, i wanna make sure I use it. I was thinking an ar pistol why not I never owned one, I always wanted one. 

IMO a NJ Legal AR pistol is not worth it. Can’t have handguards, has to be under 50oz. There is o my one company that I know of that makes one and that is Extar, and I think they aren’t around anymore or don’t make the NJ legal version if I remember correctly.

The next best thing/closest thing to what you see other states have as an AR pistol is an SBF Firearm, which is totally legal in NJ, and you don’t need a pistol permit for.

• Like 1

For the most part I imagine that AR pistols are illegal in NJ due to weight and magazine outside of grip.  

2 hours ago, Maksim said:

They restarted a few years ago and did limited runs IIRC.  I think 2 years ago we started seeing them more and more.

I wouldn’t buy one - not my thing.

I thought they stopped making the Bushmaster car-bons that you could turn into a NJ Legal pistol. The Car Bon carbines I had experience with were pretty unreliable back in the day. I have no experience with the pistol conversions though.

Anyway, I’m just glad another company didn’t abandon NJ and still make an option for those who think this will scratch an itch. It’s always good to have options.

I listed my A-answer alternatives above to an AR Pistol in NJ.

If you change your mind and want an regular AR, then I would always go for Bravo Company ( BCM ). I used the very good people JT Customs, Jack to get my Bravo rifle. Can't buy them at dealers since they do not ship to NJ at all. Jack was able to obtain a NJ legal version which I have been very happy with and will rely on that weapon with my life if I ever had to. It just always works and every part on that rifle is made to last. 

If I didn't already own both a Bushmaster (fluted stainless barrel with the QD muzzle) and a ProOrd (black barrel allen screwed muzzle) I'd jump on the BM that JT has for sale.

The only thing it's missing is the rail on top for an optic (both mine have it). Not sure if that particular part is still available.

Next choice would be a modified for jersey Extar.

These AR pistols are fun as hell to shoot!

On 10/18/2019 at 6:53 PM, High Exposure said:

One option to get what you may be looking for (and use a permit) is a Sig 320 trigger pack (which you will need the permit to buy as the trigger is the serialized firearm) and a slide, a barrel, and put it into a Fire Control Unit X01PDW.

zZlBQcJ.jpg

The sig 320 being modular make this nj legal??? I have seen stuff like this for glocks always thought they were illegal. 

One option to get what you may be looking for (and use a permit) is a Sig 320 trigger pack (which you will need the permit to buy as the trigger is the serialized firearm) and a slide, a barrel, and put it into a Fire Control Unit X01PDW.

zZlBQcJ.jpg

Space gun!