HBecwithFn7

The Halloween Tax?!?

God Bless the NJ Division of Taxation!   We get this story a day ago on Fox News/Hannity that the NJ Division of Taxation will require any pumpkin sold for "decorative purposes," and not intended to be eaten, be subject to Sales tax... as it is not considered a "food" item... :rolleyes:  :facepalm:  :bsmeter:

Boy am I glad I got out!

https://hannity.com/media-room/tax-everything-new-jersey-government-confirms-decorative-pumpkins-now-subject-to-taxation/

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

What if you decide to do both?  Would that be taxed at half the going rate?   Has a law been passed that assault pumpkins fired from pumpkin guns are expressly prohibited by the state?    It is probably also against the law to toilet paper Murphy's house even though there is a big pile of leftist crap there.  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Interesting... 

I suppose it does make sense but the enforcement is going to be crazy.

In that same spirit, I suppose any food items purchased for the purposes of being shot and blown up at the range ought to be taxed too?

• Agree 1

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, Maksim said:

Interesting... 

In that same spirit, I suppose any food items purchased for the purposes of being shot and blown up at the range ought to be taxed too?

source.gif

I think its just another example of how money-hungry NJ has become.  Rather than be like the rest of us and live within our means, they want to tax-and-spend.

• Agree 2

On 10/18/2019 at 7:11 PM, Maksim said:

Interesting... 

feeding the deer and other wild animals should be able to get write off on taxes!!