Zeke

The firewood discussion

12 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Why would anyone buy sick firewood that had to be cured for an entire year before it is healthy to be healed from the violent and unnecessary act of splitting it?

This is why you don't split wood.  It won't get sick and infected from splitting it.

Dafuq?

How do we know the wood was cured? I mean it's not stamped "Cured" by like a sanctioned government body like "Grade A" beef is.

Could the smoke from cured wood that wasn't really cured make you sick? I was coughing a lot when the "allegedly" cured and split wood smoke hit me.  I don't recall that ever happening with just natural wood logs.....

Un-split wood = healthy wood = healthier smoke.  STOP spliting wood!

2 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

How do we know the wood was cured? I mean it's not stamped "Cured" by like a sanctioned government body like "Grade A" beef is.

Could the smoke from cured wood that wasn't really cured make you sick? I was coughing a lot when the "allegedly" cured and split wood smoke hit me.  I don't recall that ever happening with just natural wood logs.....

Un-split wood = healthy wood = healthier smoke.  STOP spliting wood!

Jeebus man! What is wrong with you!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zeke said:

Jeebus man! What is wrong with you!

I think I have improperly cured smoke inhalation illness (ICSII).  Happens when split wood wasn't thoroughly cured, is still sick and is burned.  Releases nasty pathogens in it's smoke.

I think It's responsible for Tex's back pain.  How is everyone else feeling? You prob have a natural immunity from being exposed to it over all the years you've been incorrectly splitting wood.

Go natural.  Leave 'em logs.  Ban splitting wood.  Werd.

26 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

I think It's responsible for Tex's back pain.  How is everyone else feeling? 

Sleeping on a couch with an already injured back was responsible for my pain! 
Not split firewood!! 

1 hour ago, gleninjersey said:

I think I have improperly cured smoke inhalation illness (ICSII).  Happens when split wood wasn't thoroughly cured, is still sick and is burned.  Releases nasty pathogens in it's smoke.

I think It's responsible for Tex's back pain.  How is everyone else feeling? You prob have a natural immunity from being exposed to it over all the years you've been incorrectly splitting wood.

Go natural.  Leave 'em logs.  Ban splitting wood.  Werd.

You're supposed to vent your stove outside your house buddy...:facepalm:

:rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, gleninjersey said:

Why would anyone buy sick firewood that had to be cured for an entire year before it is healthy to be healed from the violent and unnecessary act of splitting it?

This is why you don't split wood.  It won't get sick and infected from splitting it.

City folk...........bless your heart (said in my best southern accent)

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, BobA said:

Someone need firewood? I'm about to pay 50gs at work for about 7 acres to be cleared.  And it's full of dead stuff waiting to be cut, split and burned.  Free!

Can we hunt it? Lol. Can clear some shooting lanes.  Lol

2 hours ago, DaddyNick said:

Can we hunt it? Lol. Can clear some shooting lanes.  Lol

Almost 50 wooded acres and sadly no.  Township ordinance of no discharging fire arms. Believe me, my office would be in the middle of those woods if I could shoot there. 

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Logs DO dry out....but as I said previously, the wood dries out quicker if split. 

Dry logs burn as well as dry split wood..

Hmmm....Split - not split / Taylor Ham - Pork Roll.  A new test question for newbies?

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, gleninjersey said:

Yep.  But it doesn't have to be cut though.  Logs dry out too.

You missed the conversation about how "logs won't burn.  Wood HAS to be spit to burn." :)

But logs dont fit in wood stoves split wood does 

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, fishnut said:

But logs dont fit in wood stoves split wood does 

Split wood lights a lot faster too.  Logs have the least surface area per volume of wood, and it's protected by bark.  Split wood has more surface area, and the exposed wood is a lot easier to get burning.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1