this_is_nascar

Legal 15-10 Round Mag Fix?

22 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Why not in NJ, if you glue the baseplate?

Because, in order to modify a 15 round mag while in NJ, one would have to possess it first while in the state, which is a no no.

Let me ask a different way, in hopes of getting a more direct answer.  If someone owned a 15-round mag in NJ with this device installed as instructed, prior to the >10-round restriction, would it be legal to possess and own in NJ under the new law?

5 minutes ago, this_is_nascar said:

Let me ask a different way, in hopes of getting a more direct answer.  If someone owned a 15-round mag in NJ with this device installed as instructed, prior to the >10-round restriction, would it be legal to possess and own in NJ under the new law?

The “fix” is supposed to be irreversible. 

2 hours ago, this_is_nascar said:

Yes, but only if you epoxy, rivet, blind pin etc... the baseplate shut, so becomes permanent. 

22 minutes ago, BobA said:

It seems a shame to ruin a good mag. Have you had an encounter with the Magazine Police?

No, but I wouldn't want to made an example of by an AG with political aspirations. I'm not chancing it with baseless red flag laws that would allow the anti-gun UPS driver to turn me in because he's pissed about my heavy ORM-D boxes. 

57 minutes ago, BobA said:

It seems a shame to ruin a good mag. Have you had an encounter with the Magazine Police?

Along those lines, has anyone heard at the ranges of someone being busted with 10+ mags in the last year since the law took affect? I'm sure some casual shooters, who aren't aware, are still going to the ranges with 10+ mags.

30 minutes ago, ChrisJM981 said:

No, but I wouldn't want to made an example of by an AG with political aspirations.

Has anyone heard of spot checks of mags anywhere in the state by LEOs? Murphy isn't looking to make an example of anyone, in the name of "protecting the children"?

42 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

Break free with acetone, mineral spirits, WD, gas? 

Force, and maybe a drill. The epoxy is where the magblock/guide enters the baseplate. 

Hopefully  I can just punch it through, don't care if it breaks. The baseplate itself might need some dremeling to clean off the epoxy 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:20 AM, BobA said:

I would think most DA's would prosecute, but if appealed they would drop charges hoping this doesn't go to a higher court.

They would offer a plea deal first though, to save face.

46 minutes ago, Bowling Ball said:

I would think most DA's would prosecute, but if appealed they would drop charges hoping this doesn't go to a higher court.

They would offer a plea deal first though, to save face.

I would like to think that it’s more likely to be used as an add on to a higher crime. On it face it seems like more of a nuisance charge. BUT! You never know.