RUTGERS95

DC rally on November 2

On 11/3/2019 at 7:56 PM, Scorpio64 said:

When 2A is repealed, and they really do come for our guns, shut the fuck up and hand them over because you did fucking NOTHING to prevent it.

Just frigging shoot back - enough rallies - enough posturing - let them come and sling lead.  They could care less about 'our' turnout.

The sounds of rifle cracks - *THAT* this the only way they will get the message.

Will a lot of us die - I am sure, but maybe - just maybe it will not be in vain.

3 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

Still dealing with a loss in the family, but thanks, Ray.

First, let me say, sorry for your loss.  I mean that sincerely.  Now that's out of the way, your response to @Ray Ray is unfair bullshit.  Why are you calling out Ray Ray specifically when he did not call you out specifically?  NJ has, gee, I dunno, at least 75,000 gun owners that love to bitch and moan about gun control.  How many showed up?  Yours was a legit reason to decide to stay in NJ, but what about the other 74,999?  What was their excuse?

You know, as well as I do, that Ray was making a general statement about the appalling lack of participation at the rally.  Don't take your frustrations out on Ray by targeting him.  If it were not for your loss, you may have been there.  I know you are very involved in 2A.  Ray was speaking to those who were, literally, at home sitting on their dicks.  Probably on-line complaining about stupid shit, when they could have been there to make a difference.

You have no idea how disheartening it was when I arrived at the rally and only saw a few thousand people there.  After all the years I spent on-line listening to people say something needs to be done, and when the opportunity to do something came along, almost nobody did anything.  If 50,000 Americans showed up, that would have made a difference.  That's only 1,000 people from the 50 states, and we could not even do that.

The silent majority needs to get over what is keeping them silent and get off their dicks.

• Thanks 1

I do agree that yes, more people need to get out and be active... but I'm still glad things like this get visibility where we can - things will hit the tipping point and the silent majority will say "oh hey these guys are fighting - let me side with them and vote".  It happens.  You can't always force people to get to events.  I've taken time off work to go to rallies... but it is always a huge disappointment when it falls on deaf ears.

You can only push people so far to participate.  I've stood up front in my range meetings and asked for people to attend rallies... do I ever see one of them?  Nope.  I will still do it though.  We should be pushing people to participate, not eating our own.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Krdshrk said:

Still dealing with a loss in the family, but thanks, Ray.

Sorry for your loss.  Nick, you and I go back a long ways.  I have known you for almost 10 years.  I respect all that you do on this forum, for the 2A community and for all gun rights groups.  Obviously, I understand not all could attend.   But for Christ's sake, friggen 5 NJgunforum members show up?  It actually amazes me that people think hitting "like" on a post or page on the internet is accomplishing something.   No, it isn't.   Boots on the ground will.  The showing we had was embarrassing.

12 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

You can't always force people to get to events. 

People should not feel "forced" to attend these important events.  They should want to go, they should be frothing at the mouth to go, and they aren't.  And, that's just sad.

13 minutes ago, Krdshrk said:

We should be pushing people to participate, not eating our own

If you and Ray Ray want to "eat" each other, get a room for crying out loud.  But seriously folks, people should not have to be pushed, they should be convinced.  They must be made to realize that they ARE the frog in boiling water.

10 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

Boots on the ground will.  The showing we had was embarrassing.

Just gotta ask - were you there?  Were you part of the 5 NJGUNFORUM members?  If so bravo - if not, well ........

I wasn't there - no amount of rallying is going to change a God damn thing.......they do not care about you - they do not care about your thoughts - they do not care about your rights - they do not care about the USCONN - the only thing they care about is trying to exude power over you.

They can and will try to pass laws to infringe on you - and some willingly go along - others do not.

*When* it comes to pass that they can actually repeal the 2A - and it remains to be seen if they can by an Article V - if it passes - *THEN* make a showing in force of arms and say NO !

That is when they will actually listen - all else if folly and nothing more than posturing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

no amount of rallying is going to change a God damn thing.

The civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, the anti war movement, and the anti-2A movement would disagree.  They all made great strides for their causes by attending rallies.  Attending rallies is a show of force that has an impact on American culture and political appetite for supporting a cause.

1 hour ago, Scorpio64 said:

The civil rights movement, the women's suffrage movement, the anti war movement, and the anti-2A movement would disagree.  They all made great strides for their causes by attending rallies.  Attending rallies is a show of force that has an impact on American culture and political appetite for supporting a cause.

....it is apples and oranges....sorry bad analogies....

As long as you are prepared to fight and die if need be to defend ur rights ...dont worry ....

If u haven't made peace with that..well then worry...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, USRifle30Cal said:

Just gotta ask - were you there?  Were you part of the 5 NJGUNFORUM members?  If so bravo - if not, well ........

Stupid question given all that's been said.

It is good to be active.  As USRifle30Cal discuessed, these gatherings are largely a waste of time.  If you can get away and show your support do it.  It is more important that people voted today.  It is more important for people to get involved in local politics.  The corrrupt media won't publicize these outings even with a large showing and the people in power that should care really do not. It just instigates them sticking it to the cause more and more.   

6 minutes ago, Underdog said:

It is good to be active.  As USRifle30Cal discuessed, these gatherings are largely a waste of time.  If you can get away and show your support do it. 

These gatherings don't accomplish their goals because the politician don't give a crap about us. They probably sit in their gold lined office and laugh at the protestors.

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

It is more important that people voted today.  It is more important for people to get involved in local politics. 

Voting doesn't work anymore, either. It's a nice fantasy, but the politicians work for themselves now, not us. Voting is just a example of "The Definition of Insanity"... and a feel-good activity with zero positive results...

Case in point, the nation had a Repub controlled congress for two years, what did that get us. The Repub House passed National Reciprocity, but the Repub Senate didn't even put it up for a vote.

Get the hint yet????

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sniper said:

These gatherings don't accomplish their goals because the politician don't give a crap about us. They probably sit in their gold lined office and laugh at the protestors.

Voting doesn't work anymore, either. It's a nice fantasy, but the politicians work for themselves now, not us. Voting is just a example of "The Definition of Insanity"... and a feel-good activity with zero positive results...

Case in point, the nation had a Repub controlled congress for two years, what did that get us. The Repub House passed National Reciprocity, but the Repub Senate didn't even put it up for a vote.

Get the hint yet????

Absolutely agreed... However voting is better than protesting.  

The only way to win is to takeover the dialogue and to show the people what these bought-and-paid-for politicians are really about.  

Republicans are Statists in their own right.  They are all about expanding big government's power over the people.  McConnell, Boehner, Bush, Ryan, Romney, McCaine... They are all bad.  

• Like 3

Politicians today put their finger in the air to test the wind and ask their followers which way they’re going. A month after the shooting at the MSD high school in Parkland, FL, more than 300,000 assembled in Washington D.C. to march. We all know how that movement was so quick to gain speed, but it was effective  

Last Saturday, internet reality stars, YouTuber’s and Instagram posters make a game effort that attracted little attention. 

Politicians are in business to stay in office. They don’t do anything unless there’s something in it for them. 

They believe the pablum the anti-gun media feeds them everyday. 

14 hours ago, Scorpio64 said:

Those first three causes were done without the help of something called the internet. Imagine that! 

• Like 2