rifleman

last day for cheap Dicks shells

10 minutes ago, rifleman said:

Today is the last day for $4.98 Gun Club shells. Yea, I know it's Dicks but why not get a good deal. Buy 11 boxes at $4.98 and fill out the survey to get $10 off the next purchase. I have been doing this all month. 

Thanks for the heads up, but even if they were 11 boxes for 1 cent they can shove it!  I have an excellent memory and Dick's will NEVER get one penny from me ever again!

• Like 6
  • Agree 8

1 hour ago, JohnnyB said:

Thanks for the heads up, but even if they were 11 boxes for 1 cent they can shove it!  I have an excellent memory and Dick's will NEVER get one penny from me ever again!

#metoo

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I used to spend lots of money there.  I even had a Dick's credit card!  I realize that the loss of my business alone will have no effect on their bottom line but it makes me feel better to be true to the cause!

Together,  we do make a difference!  They do feel that!  :)

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

I used to spend lots of money there.  I even had a Dick's credit card!  I realize that the loss of my business alone will have no effect on their bottom line but it makes me feel better to be true to the cause!

Together,  we do make a difference!  They do feel that!  :)

Looks like most don't care. From business week. Sorry for the large print.

Dick’s Sporting Goods reports strong earnings as it experiments with reducing gun sales

52 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Looks like most don't care. From business week. Sorry for the large print.

Dick’s Sporting Goods reports strong earnings as it experiments with reducing gun sales

Do you think their CEO will admit he made a mistake and report the truth?  Perhaps some people have short memories and went back to shopping there.....I WON'T!

• Like 1

Look back.  He didn't just make a statement about not carrying ARs.  He ordered all the nation wide inventory of ARs that Dicks' had destroyed.  He soap boxed. He showed direct anger toward us.  Destroying them was him saying "in your face. You'll be back".  He bank on us having short memories and apathy.  Now he's counting on our value of shopping coupons.  

• Like 2

I haven't been to Walmart either.  I know the opposition can pick apart the logic of my boycotts, since many retail stores lean left, if not go farther than just a lean.  I know that gun owners are usually not a majority, especially in New Jersey.

To borrow from a man in history whom I have great respect for:

"Here I stand; I can do no other.  God help me."

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, father-of-three said:

many retail stores lean left, if not go farther than just a lean.

I don't believe they "lean left".  They lean toward sales. They have an imaginary dollar sign dangling on front of them like a carrot.  If they thought the majority of their shoppers would give them bad headlines by screaming "Electric can openers were the tool of the devil so don't shop here!" they would stop carrying can openers.  These decisions aren't based on emotional or political points.  It's all marketing.  

1 hour ago, BobA said:

I don't believe they "lean left".  They lean toward sales. They have an imaginary dollar sign dangling on front of them like a carrot.  If they thought the majority of their shoppers would give them bad headlines by screaming "Electric can openers were the tool of the devil so don't shop here!" they would stop carrying can openers.  These decisions aren't based on emotional or political points.  It's all marketing.  

You say this while the CEO expected a hit, their sales numbers are down, he piled on donating company money to lobby against my interests, AND is talking about running as a 3rd party candidate with a strong gun control background. 

Sorry.. no.. fuck no. 

1 hour ago, BobA said:

Chick Fil-a leans toward sales too lioe any smart business, but they don't engage in stuff that ultimately makes them look and act like they lean to the left/anti 2A.

8 hours ago, father-of-three said:

I haven't been to Walmart either.  I know the opposition can pick apart the logic of my boycotts, since many retail stores lean left, if not go farther than just a lean.  I know that gun owners are usually not a majority, especially in New Jersey.

To borrow from a man in history whom I have great respect for:

"Here I stand; I can do no other.  God help me."

Cool.

Don’t think I’ve seen Martin Luther quoted here before

• Like 2

The only time i will step inside Dick's ever again will be for their going out of business sale. 

On 10/27/2019 at 3:01 PM, JohnnyB said:

Do you think their CEO will admit he made a mistake and report the truth?  Perhaps some people have short memories and went back to shopping there.....I WON'T!

I doubt they can claim any victory after closing stores around the country the past year... Realistically, the company keeps getting smaller to maintain those earning reports. 

He really doesn't care.  He gets paid.  He has made enough to walk away.  

https://www1.salary.com/Edward-W-Stack-Salary-Bonus-Stock-Options-for-DICKS-SPORTING-GOODS-INC.html

3 hours ago, raz-0 said:

You say this while the CEO expected a hit, their sales numbers are down, he piled on donating company money to lobby against my interests, AND is talking about running as a 3rd party candidate with a strong gun control background. 

Sorry.. no.. fuck no. 

2 hours ago, father-of-three said:

Chick Fil-a leans toward sales too lioe any smart business, but they don't engage in stuff that ultimately makes them look and act like they lean to the left/anti 2A.

It doesn’t mean their decisions were right. I’m just saying that was their goal. Frankly I’m glad they missed the goal. 

Their decisions were all based on their projections of bottom line profits. Not morality. 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, BobA said:

It doesn’t mean their decisions were right. I’m just saying that was their goal. Frankly I’m glad they missed the goal. 

Their decisions were all based on their projections of bottom line profits. Not morality. 

There are business decisions and some of which are tough to make, but what Dick's did went beyond being a business decision.  It's one thing to not be interested in carrying firearms or firearm related merchandise, but to donate money to legislative campaigns, lobbyist and organizations that overtly attempt to undermine and destroy the 2nd amendment is a conscious, intentional, unforgivable act. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

but to donate money to legislative campaigns, lobbyist and organizations that overtly attempt to undermine and destroy the 2nd amendment is a conscious, intentional, unforgivable act. 

Agreed it’s all despicable I’m just saying this CEO creep didn’t just wake up one morning and do it. He has a board to answer to and they have stock holders watching them. As I recall they were in the planning stages of changing their business model towards sports clothing lines. So they made a big, but ignorant, splash hoping to suck in the millennials that get all dressed up to ski but never saw a slope. 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:40 PM, BobA said:

Agreed it’s all despicable I’m just saying this CEO creep didn’t just wake up one morning and do it. He has a board to answer to and they have stock holders watching them. As I recall they were in the planning stages of changing their business model towards sports clothing lines. So they made a big, but ignorant, splash hoping to suck in the millennials that get all dressed up to ski but never saw a slope. 

Yes, and if that move is profitable then 1) the fuckhead is putting money in the coffers of anti-gun groups and 2) won't be held accountable for losing the shareholders lots of money. 

The best course of action to make it not profitable? Don't give them anymore money. 

I would also argue that if you like underarmor stuff, buy it from someplace like cabelas, bass pro shops, etc. The why is because it undermines their whole sports clothing initiative. 

With Dicks it wasn't a business decision, it was a political decision.  The CEO had his business take a strong stand against my rights just before he announced his bid to run for president as a Democrat.  He put the company's interests second and cost the company a lot of money for his own political gain.  If I owned stock in Dicks, I'd be ticked.

• Agree 1

Was out today doing some errands, stoped by Dicks, something I really do, just to see what they had. 

No 12/20 gauge ammunition for target, a few turkey. The long gun shelves were about 1/2 empty, getting rid of everything at from what the sales guy told me 8% below cost they want all the inventory gone by mid April.

Also store was pretty much empty, Don't know if it's the virus or just Dicks lost customers, my guess little of both.

15 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Was out today doing some errands, stoped by Dicks, something I really do, just to see what they had. 

No 12/20 gauge ammunition for target, a few turkey. The long gun shelves were about 1/2 empty, getting rid of everything at from what the sales guy told me 8% below cost they want all the inventory gone by mid April.

Also store was pretty much empty, Don't know if it's the virus or just Dicks lost customers, my guess little of both.

What dicks did you go to? I was at the Union location today