XneroX

Lost fid , marked duplicate now

So unsure where to post or really if I even need to ask but I’ve recently lost and had to  go through the wonderful fid process again. My new card is marked duplicate as is understandable but is there and negative associations with a duplicate card? Or is it merely for there record keeping against stolen fids

47 minutes ago, XneroX said:

So unsure where to post or really if I even need to ask but I’ve recently lost and had to  go through the wonderful fid process again. My new card is marked duplicate as is understandable but is there and negative associations with a duplicate card? Or is it merely for there record keeping against stolen fids

I am sure you will be fine!  They would not issue duplicate FID cards if they did not work!

5 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Did you know...

Having A NJFID is the ONLY ID you need at NJ DMV?

Not quite, it isn’t sufficient to get a drivers license. It counts as 3 points towards the 6 points total you need, but it is not considered a ‘primary’ ID.   You still need an ID from the primary list contributing to your point total. 

1 minute ago, 10X said:

Not quite, it isn’t sufficient to get a drivers license. It counts as 3 points towards the 6 points total you need, but it is not considered a ‘primary’ ID.   You still need an ID from the primary list contributing to your point total. 

You must have gotten a Plick, because I just renewed my DL showed old license and FID. Period.

We only get one original FPID, the very first one.  Any changes (Name-Address), or reasons for replacement (mutilated, lost) results in a duplicate.  All subsequent cards are duplicates.

Dunno why they call it a duplicate, must be for accounting/tracking reasons.  We go through the entire background check process, fill out all the same forms, and for old timers like me, go get fingerprints scanned instead of inked at the station.  It's the exact same process for getting an original.

EDIT: btw, it's worth noting, a duplicate is not the same as a copy.  A duplicate is the same as the original in every way, including it's authority.  A copy is an impression, a fake, and carries no credence.