W2MC

Who sells good inexpensive gun leather?

1 hour ago, 10X said:

Surely you don’t put those gorgeous revolvers in kydex holsters.  That’s just wrong 

Some of them I do - and there is no more finish wear (maybe less) than in a leather holster. Kydex for competition - which means those guns see hundreds of draw & reholster cycles, with negligible wear. 

I recently had a holster made that is the best of both worlds - leather lined Kydex. Tried this once with an AA holster and it sucked - leather in that one was suede and it hung onto the gun. Major tug to dislodge. Recently got a Garrett Industries holster with a smooth leather lining. Easy draw and positive reholstering. Not cheap, but good things seldom are.

https://www.giholsters.com/

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, pasu0115 said:

Desantis makes excellent reasonably priced leather holsters.

I have DeSantis holsters I've been using since the 80s. They are still reasonably priced.  My favorite is the Speed Scabbard without the thumb break. A good leather holster will last your lifetime with minimal care.

On 10/28/2019 at 8:16 AM, W2MC said:

Looking for good, serviceable gun leather that doesn't cost a mint.

Suggestuins?

Check out the Dillon catalog.  That's where I got my very comfortable Mitch Rosen Kant-Forward OWB holster I wore all weekend when we worked together at the Rod of Iron Freedom Festival.  That Officer's .45 ACP just molded right to my strong side :) 

~R