Screwball

ME is Nice... Carbines Shipped Right to Your Door

Hey, all. Getting settled up here in Maine. Happy with the house, new truck is running great, and love the job.

Gun wise, switching my D/I .45 AR to 20 rounders, and likely putting on a collapsible stock. That will be my truck gun until we switch over to Glocks (then I’ll pick up a CMMG Banshee). Unsure if the replacement or the .45 will get the Fostech Echo Sport that I got a decent deal on, but still need to get an upper for the Echo II lower that I already have. But the big thing is now my FFL-03 is in my Maine address. :good:

First thing I got, which I will post pictures another day, is a S&W Brazilian M1937... which met my M1917 fix (goes with my Colt M1917). Haven’t cleaned it, which I’ll probably do tomorrow with the 6” M&P I bought up here in April.

But today, got a nice package in the mail... which I just finished cleaning. Picked it up off S&W Forum, which wasn’t in the game plan... as I really have been eyeing up pistols.

41831FF6-55D2-41F7-9BE1-2B936C490489.thumb.jpeg.248429e7d50857a6b324b46a0f700468.jpeg

It is a 1943 Inland M1 Carbine. Far from correct... but was rebuilt by Miltech. Bolt is correct (flat), rear sight and bayonet lug are not. USGI magazine, Union Hardware stamped (ordered a few extras off GunBroker). Looked in the book for that Inland production date, but not anything about arsenal rebuilds. It is a very nice rifle. I figure it is a light carbine, something that my girlfriend could use. Definitely a fun toy to mess around with.

28C4B90A-AF5D-423F-A8B3-75B80EA92278.thumb.jpeg.783427196aa110891c50d3523024fbd2.jpeg

CFEE83C0-E16A-4A30-9048-72A0D82D72B6.thumb.jpeg.481afe2cd30db4fdee11628d9a457486.jpeg

It is a neat gun, and considering it was SO BAD that NJ named it an assault weapon... it was a nice pickup for the collection. Moving forward, likely going to be some Iron Curtain guns; Makarov, CZ-52, maybe a Beretta M1951 to mix things up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, father-of-three said:

I am starting to put together my "move-back-to-Pennsylvania" purchase party list.   A Lee Enfield, Mosin Nagant or 2 of differing years, and maybe a revolver are floating to the top of my list.

AND re-uniting my collection with my 11+ round magazines.

All of your top choices are Jersey legal!  You gotta think big man!

17 hours ago, Screwball said:

Hey, all. Getting settled up here in Maine. Happy with the house, new truck is running great, and love the job.

Gun wise, switching my D/I .45 AR to 20 rounders, and likely putting on a collapsible stock. That will be my truck gun until we switch over to Glocks (then I’ll pick up a CMMG Banshee). Unsure if the replacement or the .45 will get the Fostech Echo Sport that I got a decent deal on, but still need to get an upper for the Echo II lower that I already have. But the big thing is now my FFL-03 is in my Maine address. :good:

First thing I got, which I will post pictures another day, is a S&W Brazilian M1937... which met my M1917 fix (goes with my Colt M1917). Haven’t cleaned it, which I’ll probably do tomorrow with the 6” M&P I bought up here in April.

But today, got a nice package in the mail... which I just finished cleaning. Picked it up off S&W Forum, which wasn’t in the game plan... as I really have been eyeing up pistols.

41831FF6-55D2-41F7-9BE1-2B936C490489.thumb.jpeg.248429e7d50857a6b324b46a0f700468.jpeg

It is a 1943 Inland M1 Carbine. Far from correct... but was rebuilt by Miltech. Bolt is correct (flat), rear sight and bayonet lug are not. USGI magazine, Union Hardware stamped (ordered a few extras off GunBroker). Looked in the book for that Inland production date, but not anything about arsenal rebuilds. It is a very nice rifle. I figure it is a light carbine, something that my girlfriend could use. Definitely a fun toy to mess around with.

28C4B90A-AF5D-423F-A8B3-75B80EA92278.thumb.jpeg.783427196aa110891c50d3523024fbd2.jpeg

CFEE83C0-E16A-4A30-9048-72A0D82D72B6.thumb.jpeg.481afe2cd30db4fdee11628d9a457486.jpeg

It is a neat gun, and considering it was SO BAD that NJ named it an assault weapon... it was a nice pickup for the collection. Moving forward, likely going to be some Iron Curtain guns; Makarov, CZ-52, maybe a Beretta M1951 to mix things up.

No such thing as a correct M1 carbine, UNLESS you get grandpaws old gun he brought back from the war, even then its likely there will be parts from other MFrs on there. That's just the way they were made. With the adjustable rear sight and bayo lug band, it was likely re-arsenaled at some point. Nice easy shooters, I admit to being annoyed by the front sight lack of adjustment.  Have to use lots of holdover on one of mine at 100yd. Probably buy a new FS and file down little at a time. PPU ammo from SGAmmo works good. Magazines--do not buy from Sarco! Get the ones from Keepshooting.com, 15s and 30s.  I have buttstock pouches from olongapo outfitters. Not correct but people want outrageous money for the real thing.  Plus the are sized better and have velcro flaps. Good luck with it

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

Jerk!:p

i hope ya freeze arse off! Up there! And stuff!

Auto-start and heated seats. ;)

F088139E-72B0-4094-93F9-914A80BAE2D2.thumb.jpeg.336fec7b835619c9a66b51822fbaca3c.jpeg

Usually it is more of a brook (had some rain the past week), but this is out my dining room window. One of four apple trees on the property.

I do like ME over NJ, especially the lack of BS politicians. Even if I wasn’t Federal L/E, I could leave my J-frame on me for most of my time up here (shy of post office or police station). Gun is on me majority of the time, unless I’m in uniform.

Magazines, sticking with 15 rounders. Don’t want to change the release out for 30s, and even still, reliability with the longer magazines isn’t too good (even USGI ones). Going to get some Olongapo stuff, in case I ever want to use it as a truck gun.

Got it more for price and it being Inland. My dad was up for a week, and this game right after he left. He would have liked it having “General Motors” on the barrel, as he retired from there. Complete impulse buy... :8):

4 minutes ago, Screwball said:

Auto-start and heated seats. ;)

F088139E-72B0-4094-93F9-914A80BAE2D2.thumb.jpeg.336fec7b835619c9a66b51822fbaca3c.jpeg

Usually it is more of a brook (had some rain the past week), but this is out my dining room window. One of four apple trees on the property.

I do like ME over NJ, especially the lack of BS politicians. Even if I wasn’t Federal L/E, I could leave my J-frame on me for most of my time up here (shy of post office or police station). Gun is on me majority of the time, unless I’m in uniform.

Magazines, sticking with 15 rounders. Don’t want to change the release out for 30s, and even still, reliability with the longer magazines isn’t too good (even USGI ones). Going to get some Olongapo stuff, in case I ever want to use it as a truck gun.

Got it more for price and it being Inland. My dad was up for a week, and this game right after he left. He would have liked it having “General Motors” on the barrel, as he retired from there. Complete impulse buy... :8):

Ya,it ain’t snowing yet.:fool:

21 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

All of your top choices are Jersey legal!  You gotta think big man!

I have been a big supporter of the private sales of long guns in the keystone state, so some of my Jersey legal choices can still be made special in a private sale.

But Ok....

The FN PS90, which probably costs more than all the ones I already mentioned.  And since I'm a bit of a caliber investor, I will need an FN 57 pistol too then!

• Like 1