Lavid2002

THE OFFICIAL FID THREAD - How Long Did it Take?

I personally keep it with or within the vicinity of my firearm. Though, when I get ammunition and the sort, I have to bring it with me of course... and speaking of, are you still willing to laminate cards, Maksim?

I always carry mine....It does get beat up, but you never know when you will need it, you may be somewhere, see a 'must have gun' or a great deal on ammo and you'll be SOL.

Now that you have your FID, and if you are ready to play the waiting game again you should apply for your FL CCW so you can carry in some other states (not NJ of course).

Hey Guys,

An update for my FID card and 2 Pistol Permits. Applied exactly 6 weeks ago and just got a call today to make an appt to come pick them up. So looking to pick up a Glock 30.

Thank you Marlboro Twp and The New Jersey Gun Forums for all your help and guidance.

Hey Guys,

An update for my FID card and 2 Pistol Permits. Applied exactly 6 weeks ago and just got a call today to make an appt to come pick them up. So looking to pick up a Glock 30.

Thank you Marlboro Twp and The New Jersey Gun Forums for all your help and guidance.

you are quite welcome... but what did we help you on? hehe, you have 8 posts... come post more, shoot more.

My wife recieved her shiny new FID today. When the officer handed her the card, she realized he spelled her name wrong. When she brought it to his attention he said he will fix it. He took it into the back, and typed over the misspelled letter and said it shouldn't be a problem. If it does turn into a problem, take it back and he will issue a new one. He could not make a new one because the chief has to sign it in ink, and he was gone for the day. bla bla bla.

Do you think it will be a problem? Should she just call next week and say a store would not accept it so we get a new one with no errors?

I say try it out and see if anyone hassels her.

I know I was just questioned about my drivers license address (on the front) didnt match my address on my FID. When I told the gentlemen that the MVC sticker with my correct address was on the back he said he really wasnt suppose to accept that. I think it may have been because he was dumb and didnt look first.

-Scott

I was thinking the same thing, to just try it, but....it might not be today, tomorrow, or next month that she gets hassled. It might be a year from now, and I think its just better to get it fixed while its still fresh in the firearms officers mind.

Update 7/20/09: On the good advice of a forum member, I just visited my PD and was lucky enough to meet the detective handling my FPID/PPs. Nice guy, thorough, and obviously overloaded. He's going to push my stuff through and I should be done in 3 weeks. I wish I had done this a week after 6/9/09 when they got all the paperwork back. Oh well, live and learn.

Can't wait to go shopping! 8-)

Just a progress report. Applied 5/12/09. Today 6/9/09 called for progress update. All paperwork is completed, my prints came back, now the detective does the "real" investigation - any criminal record, auto violations, etc. Detective will call or contact my references. The records department person I spoke with was nice and answered all my questions. She says generally it takes a total of 2-3 months (entire process).

She did say that he has a lot of these to go through, but they try to push ahead the applications where the references are responsive.

I'll guess I am now 1/3 through, we'll see.

UN

took 3 months exactly in Keansburg. The fellow there handling the paperwork seems to drag his feet quite a bit causing and artificial delay. He doesn't seem interested in FID/permits as taking any sort of priority. I know the procedure and after they get all the info back its as simple as typing the forms and having the chief sign them. I called and pestered him every 2-3 weeks and after the first couple weeks he claimed to have everything he needed, so then wth is the holdup? Later, i think he handed off the firearms paperwork to the detective bureau secretary and she is so much more pleasant to deal with. My last batch of permits took only 30 days roughly as i called her a few times to inquire so she made sure to get them out in a diligent and timely manner. I think i love her.

57 Days for FID and 2 pistol permits here in Washington Township NJ, Gloucester County. Submitted Application on April 20th received phone call June 16 to pick up FID and Pistol Permits.

Received my approval letter from the PD today. Will pick up ID and PPs Tomorrow. 80 days total.

:) :) Like Hannukah and Christmas all at once in July!

Update 7/20/09: On the good advice of a forum member, I just visited my PD and was lucky enough to meet the detective handling my FPID/PPs. Nice guy, thorough, and obviously overloaded. He's going to push my stuff through and I should be done in 3 weeks. I wish I had done this a week after 6/9/09 when they got all the paperwork back. Oh well, live and learn.

Can't wait to go shopping! 8-)

Just a progress report. Applied 5/12/09. Today 6/9/09 called for progress update. All paperwork is completed, my prints came back, now the detective does the "real" investigation - any criminal record, auto violations, etc. Detective will call or contact my references. The records department person I spoke with was nice and answered all my questions. She says generally it takes a total of 2-3 months (entire process).

She did say that he has a lot of these to go through, but they try to push ahead the applications where the references are responsive.

I'll guess I am now 1/3 through, we'll see.

UN

Just updated my other thread, but figured I'd add my experience.

Friday July 10th, filed paperwork and got fingerprinted in Spotswood, NJ. Just called the municipal office today and the clerk told me I could pick my Firearms ID card and pistol permit up today. Exactly three weeks, and I was expecting three months.

-Jim