Zeke

Cz 1012

On 11/1/2019 at 8:23 AM, Zeke said:

That’s like super upland

It's crazy how thick the cover can be up here. I cut down a few alders when I shot this snow shoe hare last year. I was surprised that any pellets made it to the hare. A 4" shorter barrel would definitely be an advantage.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Like the orange on da puppy.

i guess a 24” you’d go full choke?

Cylinder, skeet or imp cyl. Cover is heavy and the birds hold tight and I hunt with pointing dogs so the shots are all close 

My Citori is 26”, but it doesn’t have an action, so the shorter overall length makes for a fast swinging hunting gun. Even for clays, it’s damn near ideal for me. 
In the CZ semi auto, a 24” barrel will come close to the same length as the Citori (hell, 22” barrel would be REALLY ideal lengthwise). Modified choke works just fine for me. I don’t hunt with dogs, so my shots tend to be longer on dove/quail. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, Displaced Texan said:

My Citori is 26”, but it doesn’t have an action, so the shorter overall length makes for a fast swinging hunting gun. Even for clays, it’s damn near ideal for me. 
In the CZ semi auto, a 24” barrel will come close to the same length as the Citori (hell, 22” barrel would be REALLY ideal lengthwise). Modified choke works just fine for me. I don’t hunt with dogs, so my shots tend to be longer on dove/quail. 

You can’t shoot though 

19 minutes ago, Zeke said:

@AVB-AMG buy one so I  can shoot it!

@Zeke:

I was not familiar with the CZ 1012 semi-automatic shotgun so I checked it out.  
The gas-less inertia operating system is intriguing and if it is consistently reliable, would be an added benefit of one less issue of the necessary periodic gun cleaning.  It looks like a very nice, practical and affordable field gun, especially with a shorter barrel.  But since I am not a hunter, it really would be wasted on me....  Oh well.

AVB-AMG

34 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Zeke:

I was not familiar with the CZ 1012 semi-automatic shotgun so I checked it out.  
The gas-less inertia operating system is intriguing and if it is consistently reliable, would be an added benefit of one less issue of the necessary periodic gun cleaning.  It looks like a very nice, practical and affordable field gun, especially with a shorter barrel.  But since I am not a hunter, it really would be wasted on me....  Oh well.

AVB-AMG

Dude!!!! Do it!

I do not.  CZ makes some very accurate and reliable firearms at very reasonable price points.  

I have two of their pistols (CZ75 & P01) and a friend has one of their 22 bolt action rifles with an interchangeable 17HMR barrel and an SP01.  All are very accurate.

I'll probably end up getting a Mossberg 500 3-in1 when the time comes.  Would love to try the CZ 1012 out if the opportunity ever presented itself.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1