MichaelDiggs

Range Bag - at the range

I have a small obsession with range bags. I have a few but all of them are not perfect. One is almost. It is the Osage River range bag. The larger of the two they make. That bag comes close to a perfect range bag. When I visit the range I carry my bullets in snap cap containers. Tops can't fall off. They are see thru kitchen type containers. They are very light and come in different sizes. Been doing it that way for a long time. Since all my ammunition at home is in all 50  CAL cans I just grab and fill my containers and stick them in my range bag. Seems to be very efficient. I can get setup and ready to shoot at the range in a couple of minutes. I also have one of those 556 autoloaders. Where you put all the bullets in a bin at the top, secure a magazine to it and pump away. Magazine fills up in a matter of seconds. I see lots of people looking at me and most come up and ask what the hell is that? I just tell them I don't want to spend time filling up magazines while in the range. Well worth it. 

• Like 1

Yes, that is the bag I have. Right now it seems to be a perfect bag. Where can you find a bag with 20 magazine holders, room for 2 full size pistols, room for ammo, some tools, ear protection, eye protection, etc. Even though I feel it is the perfect bag, I still chase the dragon for a better one. It is an obsession.

• Like 1

I grabbed this back about a year ago. It's got zipper locks on the top, front and rear compartments. When you throw 10+ bags, 2 pistols and ammo in it's heavy but has held up well. Not bad for a communist knockoff bag. 

https://www.amazon.com/SoarOwl-Tactical-Shooting-Handguns-Lockable/dp/B07WRXN9XT/ref=pd_sbs_200_t_0/146-0496707-4624251?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07WRXN9XT&pd_rd_r=808d3ed3-f964-4c06-9f09-7a109834ed5c&pd_rd_w=tB3fw&pd_rd_wg=rJIaW&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=R1VPR6ZCRTRQW72DRP89&refRID=R1VPR6ZCRTRQW72DRP89

3 hours ago, Clifton1979 said:

I grabbed this back about a year ago. It's got zipper locks on the top, front and rear compartments. When you throw 10+ bags, 2 pistols and ammo in it's heavy but has held up well. Not bad for a communist knockoff bag. 

https://www.amazon.com/SoarOwl-Tactical-Shooting-Handguns-Lockable/dp/B07WRXN9XT/ref=pd_sbs_200_t_0/146-0496707-4624251?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07WRXN9XT&pd_rd_r=808d3ed3-f964-4c06-9f09-7a109834ed5c&pd_rd_w=tB3fw&pd_rd_wg=rJIaW&pf_rd_p=5cfcfe89-300f-47d2-b1ad-a4e27203a02a&pf_rd_r=R1VPR6ZCRTRQW72DRP89&refRID=R1VPR6ZCRTRQW72DRP89

I see it has room for my pith helmet. A definite plus!!

On 11/8/2019 at 7:47 AM, Shocker said:

This is mine https://www.511tactical.com/range-ready-bag.html

I wouldn't have paid $100 for it but it was a gift.

I have midway bag same as this one. I have four pistol bags that came with it. I do get all 4 in it no problem.

On 11/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, Clifton1979 said:

Safe to assume these types of range bags qualify for a proper transport case for firearms/handguns?

As in load it up with 4 handguns, magazines, some ammo, etc; toss it in the back seat of the truck and head ot the range?

Im thinking the guns and the ammo in the same bag may be an issue?

Ron

3 hours ago, eyeinstine said:

Safe to assume these types of range bags qualify for a proper transport case for firearms/handguns?

As in load it up with 4 handguns, magazines, some ammo, etc; toss it in the back seat of the truck and head ot the range?

Im thinking the guns and the ammo in the same bag may be an issue?

Ron

I always have a separate container for ammo, but I've seen others combine it all into one.

Your decision...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

I do same, locked separate container, just to be sure in this stupid state

Kinda takes out some of the convenience out of using a range bag like this then. Sure would be nice to put EVERYTHING in the one bag and head off to the range.. :angry::icon_rolleyes:  

I never heard of a case where someone was busted for carrying their handguns and ammo in a single range bag in different compartments or for that matter, the same compartment!

I realize that none of us want to be the test case but I refuse to be paranoid and give into them.....I use one range bag for guns and ammo and I will not allow Gov. beaver face to live in my head rent free! Enough with the paranoia!:mad:

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

8 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I never heard of a case where someone was busted for carrying their handguns and ammo in a single range bag in different compartments or for that matter, the same compartment!

I realize that none of us want to be the test case but I refuse to be paranoid and give into them.....I use one range bag for guns and ammo and I will not allow Gov. beaver face to live in my head rent free! Enough with the paranoia!:mad:

I agree with you 100%,

but I also don't need the hassle god forbid some anti LEO wants to make a issue, rather carry a ammo can then possibly take a ride.

Hate to think this way, but this is where we live.

2 hours ago, Clifton1979 said:

I called long ago to the NJSP Firearms division. Same bag, separate compartments are fine. I do lock both anyway, and it's out of reach while driving. 

I think the "out of reach" is the most important part.

Like others I think it's ridiculous, but I keep them separate so I don't become the test case...