Torkk

Accuracy in hands

I went to the range today, I was having an issue with accuracy while using both hands on my pistol.  Typically I would say they went low and left.

When I only used my strong hand alone, I ended up with far better accuracy.

I shot from 7 yards to 15 yards

41 minutes ago, Torkk said:

I went to the range today, I was having an issue with accuracy while using both hands on my pistol.  Typically I would say they went low and left.

Flinch 

Try dry firing with a penny or dime balanced on your front sight. The steadiness you need to squeeze the trigger without the coin falling off is what you need when live firing to accurately hit what you are aiming at. (Assuming, of course, that you have your sights properly aligned.)

I get what y'all are saying but with only using my strong hand the results were different

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Glock??

Trigger discipline....

Canik TP9SF Elite

2 hours ago, High Exposure said:

What kind of gun?

What distance?

Canik Elite 15yards

On 11/3/2019 at 4:06 PM, Torkk said:

@Torkk:

Are you right handed or left handed...?
FYI - I was taught that if I was consistently shooting my handguns that resulted in a target grouping that was low and to the left that the problem most likely was that I was "milking the gun".   That means that if one allows your entire hand to over wrap the firearm there may be a tendency to twist the firearm with each shot.  The solution is to attempt to exert equal finger pressure to the rear of the firearm with your three fingers while applying the same pressure from the rear with the heel of your hand.  I also began to use a GRIPMASTER PROHANDS PRO to exercise and strengthen the fingers in each hand to allow me to have a steadier grip with less jitters over time.  All of that worked for me....  Good luck!

AVB-AMG