Displaced Texan

Reminder, get out and VOTE!

3 hours ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

It also looks like it's "too close to call" in the Kentucky Gov's race, with the dem (Beshear) slightly ahead (49.2% - 48.8%)... They've (Beshear) already declared victory but the GOP (Bevan) is not yet conceding.... We'll see....

Bevan is/was a weak governor...I’m really not too surprised about this. R’s won pretty handily in lower level elections. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Sniper said:

Voting didn't work out too well in Virginia... both Houses turned Blue, first time in 26 years...

...."“I’m here to officially declare today, November 5, 2019, that Virginia is officially blue,” Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam told a crowd of supporters in Richmond.

Of the four states with legislative elections this year, Virginia is the only one where control of the statehouse was up for grabs. Republicans had slim majorities in both the state House and Senate."

Yeah, they can pretty much kiss their gun rights goodbye. Bet they'll lose CCW and have an "assault weapons ban" by the end of the first year unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

Bevan is/was a weak governor...I’m really not too surprised about this. R’s won pretty handily in lower level elections. 

My concern is only that it was a huge Trump Rally on FNC, and the dems may try to play that as a "Trump is weak" thing.....  :facepalm:

6 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

My concern is only that it was a huge Trump Rally on FNC, and the dems may try to play that as a "Trump is weak" thing.....  :facepalm:

I saw a report that the Trump rally added 10 points on to his totals, he was trailing by 10 points in the polls leading up to the election.

10 minutes ago, HBecwithFn7 said:

Of course they will, but the other races were a sweep, including flipping 2 seats, I believe Sec of State and Attorney General.

1 hour ago, njpilot said:

Yeah, they can pretty much kiss their gun rights goodbye. Bet they'll lose CCW and have an "assault weapons ban" by the end of the first year unfortunately.

Looks like Virginia can also thank the NRA for their (LACK) of support. Bloomberg kick the NRA's ass in their home state:

• Gun-control was a massive issue in the race for Virginia’s statehouse.
  • Democrats will now control the legislature for the first time since 1994, as Mike Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety overwhelmed the NRA in spending during the election campaign.
  • Everytown spent $2.5 million to support the Virginia elections, easily outpacing the approximately $300,000 spent by the NRA, which has its headquarters in the state.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/06/mike-bloombergs-gun-control-outspends-nra-helps-democrats-win-virginia.html

30 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I saw a report that the Trump rally added 10 points on to his totals, he was trailing by 10 points in the polls leading up to the election.

Yeah he got a huge Trump Bump, but it wasn’t enough to overcome him being a sucky governor in the first place. 

Stratfords mayoral race is tight. Originally Keenan (D, incumbent) was declared the winner, now it looks like Gray(R), may win. Takes 10 days for official recount. Not sure why...less than 1200 votes!!

Would be hilarious, as Keenan was celebrating early....

EA6DAD55-9D52-40AA-8140-FFFA3E97E08C.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sniper said:

Looks like Virginia can also thank the NRA for their (LACK) of support. Bloomberg kick the NRA's ass in their home state:

• Gun-control was a massive issue in the race for Virginia’s statehouse.
  • Democrats will now control the legislature for the first time since 1994, as Mike Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety overwhelmed the NRA in spending during the election campaign.
  • Everytown spent $2.5 million to support the Virginia elections, easily outpacing the approximately $300,000 spent by the NRA, which has its headquarters in the state.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/06/mike-bloombergs-gun-control-outspends-nra-helps-democrats-win-virginia.html

As disgusted I am regarding the lack of involvement the NRA has in NJ and the way they (probably) waste money; the only people to blame for what happened in Va are the people of Va that either voted Dem or did not vote at all.

I find it hard to believe that there are many (if any) gun owners that are not aware that the Dems want to take our guns. The money Soros, Bloomberg, et al spend to get their word out should have the same impact on supporters of the 2A. If group X says to vote Dem for gun control, then that same $ spent by group X should have the same impact as if group Y says vote Rep to oppose gun control.

I agree money has a huge impact, and there is a problem when one or two billionaires can have such an impact. But in the end, they have a big impact because the public is ............ (insert your own adjective here). I don't spend money on a product because a marketing agency told me to with flashy, expensive advertising; deciding who to vote for is no different.

• Agree 1

On 11/5/2019 at 7:56 AM, Displaced Texan said:

I know this isn’t a major election this year, but as a reminder to all, get out and vote today! 

how'd you guys make out in your town? mine stayed the same. for all the talk of "we need to change things" from neighbors and others in my town....sure as shit seems that they're talking out their ass's.....or it's rigged. 

1 hour ago, 1LtCAP said:

how'd you guys make out in your town? mine stayed the same. for all the talk of "we need to change things" from neighbors and others in my town....sure as shit seems that they're talking out their ass's.....or it's rigged. 

You made me post this again....

Two sides same bird.jpg

23 hours ago, 45Doll said:

You'd think that in this entire country there would be at least ONE billionaire who would counter the damage these two people do.

There is.  They were the Koch brothers, Charles and his late brother David.  They donated to libertarian and conservative causes in the past, mostly climate control.  They also donated heavily to the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute, and like-minded think tanks.  Charles is continuing the legacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_family

But they are clearly outspent by the likes of George Soros, Mike Bloomberg, and Tom Steyer.

24 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

There is.  They were the Koch brothers, Charles and his late brother David.  They donated to libertarian and conservative causes in the past, mostly climate control.  They also donated heavily to the Heritage Foundation, the Cato Institute, and like-minded think tanks.  Charles is continuing the legacy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koch_family

But they are clearly outspent by the likes of George Soros, Mike Bloomberg, and Tom Steyer.

They not the bestes. Jus sayen 

23 hours ago, 1LtCAP said:

My town stayed the same, only because the dems don't even bother to run here lol. Love my town hate the state.

Here's one of the winners Va just elected:

Virginia lawmaker once jailed for having sex with his underage secretary won election to the state Senate Tuesday.

Democrat Joe Morrissey easily defeated Independent Waylin Ross by winning more than 64 percent of the vote to represent the 16th Senate District, a seat long held by Democrats.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-democrat-accused-of-sex-with-teen-secretary-wins-state-senate-seat

12 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Here's one of the winners Va just elected:

Virginia lawmaker once jailed for having sex with his underage secretary won election to the state Senate Tuesday.

Democrat Joe Morrissey easily defeated Independent Waylin Ross by winning more than 64 percent of the vote to represent the 16th Senate District, a seat long held by Democrats.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-democrat-accused-of-sex-with-teen-secretary-wins-state-senate-seat

Surprised?

The Gov once appeared in black face or KKK garb, nobody is sure which and he's not saying. The attorney general had the same issue.

The Lt gov was credibly accused of rape, was more credibly than Kavanaugh ever was; didn't make any difference. 

Hear them crickets?