Sniper

Texas gun control activist shoots herself and her three children dead

What a sad story and tragedy for the children. This apparently happened a few days ago, but I didn't see it pop up in the newswires. Probably doesn't fit the gun grabber's narrative and they can't blame the gun.

....."A mother in Texas was found dead alongside her three children on Friday in an apparent triple murder-suicide.

Ashley Auzenne, 39, was known to have been battling depression and anxiety in addition to physical ailments such as arthritis and lupus at the time of her death, which was ruled as a suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Her three children, Parrish, 11, Eleanor, 9, and Lincoln, 7, were also killed by gunshots, and their mother is the only suspect. She had just finalized a contentious divorce from their father, Murvin Auzenne Jr.

Ashley Auzenne was a vocal advocate for stricter gun control in the United States, with multiple social media postings calling for an end to gun violence and Facebook profile pictures that bore the hashtags #Enough and #EndGunViolence."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/a-waste-texas-gun-control-activist-shoots-her-three-children-dead-in-murder-suicide

• Sad 1

Fitting and oh so sad- this movement has nothing to do about ending violence - it is all about control and the subjugation of a nation and its citizens ....

A shame for the kids - me I am glad she is dead - one less hypocritical voice.

Ahh, the hypocrisy....

......."The discovery of the firearm in the Auzenne home is particularly surprising due to Ashley Auzenne’s vocal anti-gun violence position. Ashley Auzenne had also been very outspoken on social media as an anti-gun violence activist, imploring others online to #EndGunViolence in the signature orange of the anti-gun campaigns.

But now Moms Demand Action’s social media pages, as well as state level affiliate sites, have been busy furiously removing comments acknowledging that Auzenne was an anti-gun supporter. All comments mentioning Auzenne’s anti-gun sentiments had been removed from multiple Moms Demand Action pages as of the writing of this article."

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/anti-gun-activist-uses-firearm-to-kill-her-children/

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Ahh, the hypocrisy....

But now Moms Demand Action’s social media pages, as well as state level affiliate sites, have been busy furiously removing comments acknowledging that Auzenne was an anti-gun supporter. All comments mentioning Auzenne’s anti-gun sentiments had been removed from multiple Moms Demand Action pages as of the writing of this article."

That's what the Wayback Machine is for.  OK, it's now known as the web archive, but I liked it's original name better.  It crawls the web and archives pages, so you can often look up what was on a web page as of the archive date.   I didn't go looking for specific articles, but it appears that Moms Demand Action had over 9K pages archived over the last 5 years, so those posts may still be out there.

web.archive.org

6 minutes ago, 10X said:

I didn't go looking for specific articles, but it appears that Moms Demand Action had over 9K pages archived over the last 5 years, so those posts may still be out there.

Google cache had the one from their Twitter page, I grabbed it, since they scrubbed all references:

MDA.jpg

Gun control advocates realize they are not responsible or sane enough to own guns.  Perhaps this mentally ill mother knew she wasn't fit.   She and other grabbers project onto others their lack of control.  Why is it that so many hard drug users are liberal?  More conservative members of society get called out for abusing pain meds.  I theorize it is because they are surrounded with liberals.   

So how did she have access to the gun?  Was it obtained legally?  Could it have been made to look like a suicide?    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

Gun control advocates realize they are not responsible or sane enough to own guns.  Perhaps this mentally ill mother knew she wasn't fit.   

So how did she have access to the gun? 

I’m sorry for the kids, tragic...that being said, I find it odd that a ‘gun control advocate’ owned a gun. Furthermore, USED the firearm to murder her children and kill herself....

Ashley Auzenne, 39, was known to have been battling depression and anxiety in addition to physical ailments such as arthritis and lupus at the time of her death,

Mental disorders and Lupus played a role in this.  between the SSRIs and the steroids used to treat lupus, the woman was disqualified to own firearms.

16 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

Mental disorders and Lupus played a role in this.  between the SSRIs and the steroids used to treat lupus, the woman was disqualified to own firearms.

There is no reason for Lupus to be disqualifying, nor the steroids used to treat it.   SSRIs may be the more interesting question, but if they are prescribed, they aren’t currently disqualifying. 

Whether or not she should or shouldn't have owned a gun.  I think this nut job whether she realizes it or not martyred herself.  She could easily become the poster child for the local chapter of gun control wing nuts. These kooks think they can wave their wands and all guns will go away.  I can hear them now saying if their were no guns she couldn't have done it.

4 minutes ago, BobA said:

These kooks think they can wave their wands and all guns will go away.  I can hear them now saying if their were no guns she couldn't have done it.

Kooks is right. They want to blame the object not the mental illness. If she didn't get access to the gun, she could have just drove her car into a lake with the kids strapped in, like a woman did years ago.

The kooks will just ignore the mental health issues forever...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sniper said:

Kooks is right. They want to blame the object not the mental illness. If she didn't get access to the gun, she could have just drove her car into a lake with the kids strapped in, like a woman did years ago.

The kooks will just ignore the mental health issues forever...

Exactly.  At that point they would require guard rails around all lakes.  Only fix the symptoms and not the cause.  This is why we'll never win another war, end the drug problem, fix the education system - any of that.  No one wants to take the hard road and bite the bullet for the sacrifice needed to fix a systemic problem at it's root cause no matter what it is.  

• Like 2