david8613

Beretta 92a1 vs cz sp01 tactical opinions

I'm looking into purchasing an all metal 9mm, I narrowed it down to the beretta and cz. I have held both and both feel great. I'm having a hard time deciding between the 2. Main requirements for me was all metal, accessory rails, hammer fired, double action single action with decocker. Would love to hear your opinions on these 2 awesome guns. 

Pv2AGhZl.jpg

DSC00441.jpg

I have both.  CZ 75 and 92fs Inox.  The CZ is the winner all way around. 

*I find the decocker/safety on the CZ less complicated and I don't think I've ever held a more comfortable hand gun. 

*The Beretta is easier to take down to clean is really the only advantage to me. 

*Also the decocker on the CZ is much quieter than the Beretta.  The Beretta's hammer slams where the CZ lowers more gently.  

*Much better trigger pull on the CZ

Oh and BTW, don't forget to vote today.

1 hour ago, SW9racer said:

Sig P226 :)

The Beretta, as you say, is really nice. There are also quite a bit of aftermarket and customizations available, conversion kits, as well as plenty of inexpensive mag options. 

I had one awhile back, very nice gun indeed. I miss her. 

156226c0.jpg

ce8848b7.jpg

I have variants of both. Both of mine have been highly modified. Stock vs Stock I prefer CZ. I do not like the safety/decocker on the Beretta and my Beretta does not have a replaceable front sight, which would be fine if the front sight didn't suck.

I would spend the extra money on the M9A3 as suggested above, or step up to the Wilson Combat version. Both of these are much more money than the standard M9. If you want more out of the CZ, Cajun Gunworks is fantastic and can make a standard gun into something special.

3 hours ago, Greg said:

I would spend the extra money on the M9A3 as suggested above, or step up to the Wilson Combat version. Both of these are much more money than the standard M9. If you want more out of the CZ, Cajun Gunworks is fantastic and can make a standard gun into something special.

Also consider looking at the Langdon Tactical version of the Beretta.  I have that and the Wilson Combat - for the difference in price the Langdon is the better buy IMO.   

Thanks guys for all the great information.  I picked up a cz sp01 tactical. Nice heavy solid gun, I like it alot awesome piece. Oh man you guys should not have showed me that beretta m9a3 that is a beauty, Wilson and Langdon sheesh I gotta start saving and get more permits! 

Screenshot_20191107-063926_Gallery.jpg

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 11/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, david8613 said:

Thanks guys for all the great information.  I picked up a cz sp01 tactical. Nice heavy solid gun, I like it alot awesome piece. Oh man you guys should not have showed me that beretta m9a3 that is a beauty, Wilson and Langdon sheesh I gotta start saving and get more permits! 

One day I’ll get one these. Sell some ruger’s. One day. Range report?

On 11/6/2019 at 9:35 PM, david8613 said:

You won't be sorry.  I was out with mine yesterday  for 4 hours.  I'd still be there if I didn't run out of ammo.  It's just that much fun to shoot.   

I have both.   Shot competition with the 92.   Cz.
100 percent. Just my opinion. But take my opinion.     The ergos on a cz are incredible    If you want.  I can bring both to ttc for you to try out. Oops just saw you got a cz.   Good choice