wreckless

Red Flagged for online posts

N.J. seized this man’s gun because he glorified violence against Jews, cops say

By Joe Atmonavage | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Police had been watching David Greco for months, carefully monitoring his online activity.

They noted that he often “threatened, advocated and celebrated the killing of Jewish people."

He also was in communication with the man accused of walking into a Pittsburgh synagogue last year and killing 11 people, they alleged. (Greco has denied this.)

On Aug. 5, after months of observation, law enforcement officers paid a visit to Greco’s Camden County home.

At first, Greco, 51, refused to answer the door. He only spoke with officers after his parents came home and allowed them in the modest home.

As police questioned him about comments he made on a far-right social media platform, Greco was “extremely agitated and angry,” authorities said, but he did not talk about acting out on his disdain for Jewish people. However, they also noted that he said he “believes that Jews are raping our woman and children” and that “force or violence is necessary to realign society.

On Sept. 6, police once again visited Greco’s home, descending without warning, to seize his gun and ammunition.

Unknown to Greco, a Camden County Superior Court Judge Edward McBride had issued a temporary extreme risk protection order earlier that day based on an affidavit regarding Greco’s behavior. The order allowed police to execute a no-knock search warrant of his home and seize one semi-automatic rifle, ammunition and his firearms purchaser ID card.

Under a law that went into effect Sept.1, called the Extreme Risk Protection Order Act, a law enforcement officer, family or household member can now petition a state Superior Court judge to take away the guns of a person who they believe “poses an immediate and present danger” to themselves or others. Even if they have not committed a crime.

Two months after going into effect, the constitutionality of the law is being challenged in a proposed class action lawsuit that was filed in New Jersey federal court last month. Greco’s case is at the forefront of the suit. It is the latest lawsuit challenging strict gun control measures Gov. Phil Murphy has signed into law over the last year.

The lawsuit challenges whether there is legal authority to execute a search warrant after a temporary extreme risk protection order is issued.

The law deprives Greco, and other gun owners in New Jersey, of their due process rights, as they are not given a chance to be heard in court before a temporary order is issued and police take firearms, says Albert J. Rescinio, Greco’s attorney. And can a gun owner have their “constitutional rights abrogated” for things said “that the government or anyone else might not like?” the attorney asked.

https://www.nj.com/news/2019/11/nj-man-glorified-extreme-violence-against-jews-cops-say-so-they-seized-his-gun.html

As much as I hate what Greco is alleged to have said, this is the United States of America, not the Soviet Union or Communist China.

I hope the Red Flag laws here and in other states that have passed them are declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Zeke, are you on the right side?  We are peaceful, law-abiding, Constitutionally-based citizens.  

There were things already in place to manage that perspective loon and jew hater.  Red Flag laws are ultimately unconstitutional and unnecessary.  They are just a way for the government to abuse its power.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

@GRIZ what ya think?

You didn't ask me but I'll answer anyway. I think you and sniper just meet at some flea ridden motel 6 and bang each other's brains out because you two certainly spend a lot of time jerking each other off.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, WP22 said:

You didn't ask me but I'll answer anyway. I think you and sniper just meet at some flea ridden motel 6 and bang each other's brains out because you two certainly spend a lot of time jerking each other off.

His problem is, he can't handle people that are more successful then he is, so being the closet Liberal that he is, he tries to make up shit about them, in hopes he can drag them down to his sewer level. It's actually really sad, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.

On 11/7/2019 at 9:08 PM, Sniper said:

His problem is, he can't handle people that are more successful then he is, so being the closet Liberal that he is, he tries to make up shit about them, in hopes he can drag them down to his sewer level. It's actually really sad, but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.

@Sniper:

It is posts like what you said above that clearly indicates that you either are just acting like an insecure asshole or you are in fact one!
If it continues, we will know that it is the later....
Why must you act that way and say things like that?  What is your problem?  Are you so tribal that you cannot separate someone's moral, ethical and/or political views from the person and their other qualities and interests that may parallel yours?
As far as you know, @Zeke may be worth far more than you or me, or more importantly, leads a more satisfying, content, enjoyable, and relaxing life than either you or me.  So I wonder just what sort of insidious satisfaction it is that you derive from your condescending and rude comments towards him?  As a poster here on NJGF who gets a fair amount of grief, I know how it feels to get continued criticism and it does tend to get wearing and old.  Maybe you should consider just taking a time out and upon further reflection, giving it a rest.....

AVB-AMG

P.S. - I would suggest that you do the same towards @Sniper

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 11/7/2019 at 5:59 PM, njJoniGuy said:

As much as I hate what Greco is alleged to have said, this is the United States of America, not the Soviet Union or Communist China.

I hope the Red Flag laws here and in other states that have passed them are declared UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

@njJoniGuy:

Upon first review, I can see how many folks would think that NJ's Red Flag law could possibly be a good idea and is well intentioned, in an attempt to prevent someone who has demonstrated some seriously concerning mental issues and who has access to firearms.  Yet upon further consideration, including most importantly that it negates the affected's constitutional rights for due process, as written and enacted, it is a very flawed law.  It should be repealed and if a better version could be conceived and agreed to, where the accused at the very least, is given a change to present their side of the story/argument/situation, prior to and possibly preventing any of their firearms being confiscated, then it could plausibly be acceptable.  Of course, that will have to be all worked out in the details.

AVB-AMG

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, AVB-AMG said:

@Sniper:

It is posts like what you said above that clearly indicates that you either are just acting like an insecure asshole or you are in fact one!
If it continues, we will know that it is the later....
Why must you act that way and say things like that?  What is your problem?  Are you so tribal that you cannot separate someone's moral, ethical and/or political views from the person and their other qualities and interests that my parallel yours?
As far as you know, @Zeke may be worth far more than you or me, or more importantly, leads a more satisfying, content, enjoyable, and relaxing life than either you or me.  So I wonder just what sort of insidious satisfaction it is that you derive from your condescending and rude comments towards him?  As a poster here on NJGF who gets a fair amount of grief, I know how it feels to get continued criticism and it does tend to get wearing and old.  Maybe you should consider just taking a time out and upon further reflection, giving it a rest.....

AVB-AMG

P.S. - I would suggest that you do the same towards @Sniper

I’m a helper 

Leader board free rent level.:rolleyes:

On 11/7/2019 at 8:44 PM, WP22 said:

He’d end up looking even more like Steven hawking... jus sayen.

This is disturbing, as it goes against everything due process is meant to protect.

I have a blood relative who is the scum of the earth. I have chosen to have no further relationship with this person because no good can come of it. They have threatened my wife, stolen from us, broken into our home, and generally are a bad person. To make a long story short, this person has vowed to do everything in their power to make my life miserable, because I will no longer let them into my life or support their bad habits.

So, what stops them from going to the police and making up a convincing story that I am a dangerous person? Supposedly, due process is supposed to protect me from just such a thing. But in this case the judge is only going to get only one side of the story, and then make a decision that could alter my life forever?

WOW! What the hell happened to this country?

• Like 1

"WOW! What the hell happened to this country?"

Answer: Liberal Progressivism taught in colleges and public schools to indoctrinate our youth. Importing millions of low skill foreigners legally and illegally into the country to weaken the core natives. They are the two big ones that I see.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Gus said:

This is disturbing, as it goes against everything due process is meant to protect.

I have a blood relative who is the scum of the earth. I have chosen to have no further relationship with this person because no good can come of it. They have threatened my wife, stolen from us, broken into our home, and generally are a bad person. To make a long story short, this person has vowed to do everything in their power to make my life miserable, because I will no longer let them into my life or support their bad habits.

So, what stops them from going to the police and making up a convincing story that I am a dangerous person? Supposedly, due process is supposed to protect me from just such a thing. But in this case the judge is only going to get only one side of the story, and then make a decision that could alter my life forever?

WOW! What the hell happened to this country?

So a guy constantly rants about needing to kill all the Jews, doesn't hide his behavior. But preventing him from shooting up innocent people is disturbing? Wow...

4 minutes ago, Greenday said:

So a guy constantly rants about needing to kill all the Jews, doesn't hide his behavior. But preventing him from shooting up innocent people is disturbing? Wow...

Ever hear of "innocent, until proven guilty, in a court of law"?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Greenday said:

The key foundation is our justice system is innocent until proven guilty and a trial by peers to convict.  That happens before rights are taken away. Why is it ok to throw all that away just because it involves firearms?

The bar is so low here, and getting lower. Judges have already shown they’ll rubber stamp the requests.  This is dangerous and the definition of slippery slope. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Greenday said:

You know perfectly well what everyone is saying. You know you would be shitting yourself if your due process rights were taken away. You just choose to be inflammatory because you aren't getting enough attention at home

And, for everyone else, I know perfectly well what happened to this country. It was a rhetorical question.