Sniper

Democrat Controlled Virginia ‘Working’ On Confiscating Guns From Law Abiding

Just as predicted, after Virginia went "Blue" last week, the governor is wasting no time. I wonder how long before Murphy tries to "one up" Northam, since NJ didn't flip Red last week??

...."Far-left Virginia Democrat Governor Ralph Northam announced this week that he will aggressively work to implement extreme anti-gun laws in the state now that Democrats control the state, including confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens.

During a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Northam “mentioned universal background checks, banning the sale of [semi-automatic firearms] and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law that would empower a court to temporarily remove a gun from a person deemed to be a risk to himself or others,” The Washington Post reported.

When asked about confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens, Northam responded “that’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety,” adding that he will work with anti-gun activists on the issue."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/democrat-controlled-virginia-working-on-confiscating-guns-from-law-abiding-citizens-governor-says

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Just as predicted, after Virginia went "Blue" last week, the governor is wasting no time. I wonder how long before Murphy tries to "one up" Northam, since NJ didn't flip Red last week??

...."Far-left Virginia Democrat Governor Ralph Northam announced this week that he will aggressively work to implement extreme anti-gun laws in the state now that Democrats control the state, including confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens.

During a Cabinet meeting on Wednesday, Northam “mentioned universal background checks, banning the sale of [semi-automatic firearms] and high-capacity magazines, restoring the law that limits purchases to one gun a month, and a red flag law that would empower a court to temporarily remove a gun from a person deemed to be a risk to himself or others,” The Washington Post reported.

When asked about confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens, Northam responded “that’s something I’m working [on] with our secretary of public safety,” adding that he will work with anti-gun activists on the issue."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/democrat-controlled-virginia-working-on-confiscating-guns-from-law-abiding-citizens-governor-says

------------------  The match will be lit, where the flame goes to which powder keg remains to be be seen -----------------------

What I thought I would not live to see, might just come true - maybe that *is* a good thing in a way.  While they can try that around the leftist area of VA - once they move into the country side, me thinks there are going to be a lot of riflemen hiding behind trees.

Maybe we will see some sharpshooters again:

Image result for culpeper minutemen

What I do not think the government realizes - is what happens when good honest law abiding people just say - no.

If they want a fight - I do believe there are a great many honest hard working Americans that just want to be left alone and are willing to fight, and die if need be to protect their rights.  I do not think they will go silently into the night.

They also must find those that will actually enforce these treasonous acts - some will - many will not.  

It is possibly going to be a bloodbath - which I think the leftists want - they need to spark the war - they need the unrest to mandate true martial law.

• Informative 1

21 minutes ago, USRifle30Cal said:

What I do not think the government realizes - is what happens when good honest law abiding people just say - no.

I hear what you're saying, but is that what happened in this state with the new unconstitutional laws that were passed recently? Did they say "no"?

5 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I hear what you're saying, but is that what happened in this state with the new unconstitutional laws that were passed recently? Did they say "no"?

Well, you cannot compare the state of NJ to VA - I do not think that is a valid comparison at all - 

I would say more but this is a public forum and the walls have ears -

I remember when the governor and AG backpedaled when they tried to change the reciprocity agreement a few years back, when they were fearful of backlash from the Virginia legislature.  I fear that this and other things will happen now that they have control of the legislature as well.

55 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It's one of those things that is lost over time. 

Many people will passively say "no"... which  means nothing because the next generations will fall in line. 

There is no support here to actively resist the law... backwoods virgina... might be a different  story.. bootleggers and all.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

the reality is that people are too comfortable in their lives. no one will do much more than protest and take it to court., sadly

Going all in stupid will force the Supremes to deal with this foolishness one way or the other. If they choose not to go in the direction of freedom, then people can take the matter into their own hands like in April, 1775. 

The Brits thought they were invincible, too. 

• Like 2

Have you ever been to Virginia?

Outside of No Va, those boys will take up arms!

The "Virginia Militia" is one of the strongest in the country, Leo's and Judges are members... good luck, the left better load up on body bags, they will need them.

• Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Have you ever been to Virginia?

Outside of No Va, those boys will take up arms!

The "Virginia Militia" is one of the strongest in the country, Leo's and Judges are members... good luck, the left better load up on body bags, they will need them.

Stack em high and deep........  those that forget their oaths...  hang em high

• Like 1

@W2MC:

I find it very amusing how so many of you on the political right keep posting red vs. blue maps of individual States or the continental United States, in continued gullible and naive thinking that the vastly larger surface area in red means that more Americans are on the right and not the left or are moderates.  Anyone who thinks about it for a minute and does some homework realizes that most urban metropolitan regions, along with many suburban communities, both with significantly larger populations than rural areas, are primarily left or left-leaning, with many moderates and independents living there as well.  We know from studying demographics over the past 30-40 years that many Americans are continuing to migrate to these urban areas in every State, seeking not just employment, but better paying jobs than where they are coming from.  This is due to continued diminishing of our historical manufacturing economy of our country and its continued transformation into a more of a service and gig economy.  I am not saying that is right, just a fact.  Many of these people also just want to live, interact with and be around other people, not isolated in declining rural communities, another factor in their choice of where to live and work.  Humans are social animals and all of this should not come as a surprise.  So granted that on the surface it looks like more of the country is politically siding on the right, but that is a false impression that is easily debunked with any educated research and analysis.

AVB-AMG

Yes, the disease is spreading out due to dishonest and dangerous politicans and media and sickly Americans lacking a strong Constitution.   That is why there can be no compromise with statists and their walking dead army.   

Lets get to the facts, though, AVB, the landscape of change from local jobs has come from big government interference.  There has been a move to urban areas because people need to find jobs because the ones in their communities have been destroyed on purpose by over-regulation and taxation.   Leftist, progressive doctrine destroys all in its tyrannical path and F'd Demented al Change.  

An odd and amusing thing is that people in rural areas actually know each other and are more social than people in the city that try to distance themselves from others due to overcrowding, crime, etc.  

You are a fool.  That is what you would focus on.  Why don't you go turn in your guns, now, AVB, and set an example for the rest the zombie horde.    

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

On 11/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, Underdog said:

Lets get to the facts, though, AVB, the landscape of change from local jobs has come from big government interference.  There has been a move ot urban areas because people need to find jobs because the ones in their communities have been destroyed on purpose by over-regulation and taxation. 

@Underdog
Yes, let us get to the real honest and accurate facts for the causes....
While some of the job losses in rural areas are due to imposed state and federal government regulations, far more jobs have been lost due to several other major factors that are not a result of actions taken in the public sector but from the private sector.  For example:
1.  Over the past 30 years, many multi-national corporations have decided to move production to other locations, usually in foreign countries, where hourly wages are significantly lower, so that they can increase their profits.
2.  As our society continues to improve our technological capabilities and implement them in various production processes, the number of human laborers needed to operate older generations of machinery declines and are replaced with much fewer highly trained operators overseeing the more up-to-date technologically advanced machines, robotics, tools, some with AI.
3.  For many people the basic services needed on a regular basis for themselves and their families, such as grocery stores, health care, entertainment, etc. are diminishing, if not disappearing from rural areas since their their owners, operators have determined that their economic viability no longer exists with lower population spread out as much as they are.  Therefore, they move or migrate to more populated areas where they can dependably and conveniently have access to these important basic services.
Also,FYI - most urban areas have higher local income and sales taxes than rural areas.

An odd and amusing thing is that people in rural areas actually know each other and are more social than people in the city that try to distance themselves from others due to overcrowding, crime, etc.  

I tend to agree with that observation and assumption, but also realize that while urban areas are denser, if not overcrowded and have crime rates that may be higher than rural areas, the rural areas have other significant problems at a higher level than usually found in urban centers.  One example is our country's increasing opioid epidemic, which primarily exists in the more rural portions of each state, along with the crime that is associated with it.

You are a fool.  

I could say the same about you..... but I will refrain myself......

AVB-AMG

I guess a majority of people in Virginia are now as dumb and foolish and misguided as those in New Jersey.

Don't hold back on my account, AVB.  Keep working towards Tyranny.  

• Like 2

@W2MC:

Duh....   most of the geographic area of our country indicated in red on that map is either very sparsely inhabited rural communities or uninhabited and undeveloped land covered by wide open plains, large agriculture farms, forests mountain ranges and/or state or national parks.

But go ahead and keep deluding yourself..... if it makes you feel good.

AVB-AMG

1 hour ago, AVB-AMG said:

@W2MC:

Duh....   most of the geographic area of our country indicated in red on that map is either very sparsely inhabited rural communities or uninhabited land covered by plains, farms, forests mountains and/or state or national parks.

AVB-AMG

Hence the reason for the electoral college...or is it only the dense cities that have a voice...?

The liberal bastions of progressiveness.....  been to ny lately under deblasio???  Its a shit hole...

Friggin libs...won't be happy till the shooting starts...they won't be happy till they have a war..

This is not aus or gb....the collective we r not going quietly.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

@W2MC:

Duh....   most of the geographic area of our country indicated in red on that map is either very sparsely inhabited rural communities or uninhabited land covered by plains, farms, forests mountains and/or state or national parks.

AVB-AMG

lol, you guys think this is a numbers game or something?

Democrats control the dense populations, cities. Etc.

What they dont control is their basic necessities... they dont grow their own food, they dont provide their own power... they dont even provided their own water... 

Shit.. we could knock out all the water to Newark and JC from right here in Sussex county... 

That map, is a great representation  that there isn't a single blue area on that map that isn't heavily dependent  or red areas for "life support"... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

What they dont control is their basic necessities... they dont grow their own food, they dont provide their own power... they dont even provided their own water... 

Shit.. we could knock out all the water to Newark and JC from right here in Sussex county... 

That map, is a great representation  that there isn't a single blue area on that map that isn't heavily dependent  or red areas for "life support"... 

Sounds like a plan.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

1 hour ago, PK90 said:

Sounds like a plan.

Careful there, you might be accused of wearing your tin foil too tight.

In a few months New York’s SAFE Act will be seven years old. All attempts to roll it back have failed. The voters in the five boro’s and the detritus around Albany control the state. 

In a state that still sells more than half a million resident hunting licenses a year. I guess it’s not that big of a deal there. 

Something similar implemented in VA or NJ won’t make anyone’s heart race.

5 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

@AVB-AMG

Speaking of deluding, lets try this a different way, if you need help understand this with your TDS, I'll get a 3rd grader to explain it to you:

election-2016-county-level-results-there

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, JackDaWack said:

Shit.. we could knock out all the water to Newark and JC from right here in Sussex county..

Yup....  Knock out the Wanaque resevoir and that should cover quite a bit....