MichaelDiggs

Help me - What to get!

It's that time of year I treat myself. I usually get a handgun or rifle type firearm. My signature shows all that I have now. I've looked all around at all the new stuff and just can't find anything that peaks my interest. I would love to get a 9mm Wilson Combat but for $4000 I can't justify that on any measure. I'm sure there are guns out there just as good and reliable that cost $400 to $1000. Anyway, maybe someone can give me some recommendations for something that I can take to the range, shoot and just be happy with it. I've shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds through all my guns and I love shooting them all, except for the 1911. Not saying I don't like it, just a little bulky and heavy. I'm also a left handed person and would love to get something that has the capability for ambi. I think I went to Buds online and just went page after page just looking to see if anything visually would pop out. Help me spend my money!  :)

• Like 1

@MichaelDiggs:

Having enjoyed my Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade 1911 in .45 ACP,  I am a proponent of the quality and accuracy of WC's handguns.
Are you familiar with the Wilson Combat EDX X9 in 9mm?  It has a base MSRP of $2,895 which may still be more than what you want to spend, but less than the $4,000 - $5,000 of the top-of-the-line, Wilson Combat's full size 1911's.  Here is a link:

AVB-AMG

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/edc-x9/

10 hours ago, AVB-AMG said:

@MichaelDiggs:

Having enjoyed my Wilson Combat Tactical Supergrade 1911 in .45 ACP,  I am a proponent of the quality and accuracy of WC's handguns.
Are you familiar with the Wilson Combat EDX X9 in 9mm?  It has a base MSRP of $2,895 which may still be more than what you want to spend, but less than the $4,000 - $5,000 of the top-of-the-line, Wilson Combat's full size 1911's.  Here is a link:

AVB-AMG

https://www.wilsoncombat.com/edc-x9/

Is that X9 really worth the price?

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Sig 

I was  checking out the 365. Since I don't have a small one. I like the fact it has 10 rounds and the size.

Plus the price is good.

15 minutes ago, MichaelDiggs said:

Is that X9 really worth the price?

I was  checking out the 365. Since I don't have a small one. I like the fact it has 10 rounds and the size.

Plus the price is good.

@DirtyDigz loves my 365! It’s a nice wittle gun. I still can’t figure out how they get 10 rounds in a tic tac box. It’s magic 

4 hours ago, Zeke said:

@DirtyDigz loves my 365! It’s a nice wittle gun. I still can’t figure out how they get 10 rounds in a tic tac box. It’s magic 

"Loves" - eh, I like it, but it's not my favoritest handgun evahhhhh.

For a micro-frame 9mm it is surprisingly controllable.  If someone is looking for a very concealable 9mm and doesn't like the Glock 43 or 26, maybe because they have smaller hands, then the 365 is a good choice.

@MichaelDiggs - get a handgun in .22LR for cheaper range practice - or consider a .22 conversion kit for one of your current handguns?

1 hour ago, Tony13 said:

Dan Wesson

+1 on the Dan Wesson

I bought the Dan Wesson Vigil commander in 9mm. Lightweight with a forged aluminum frame. Excellent fit and finish with a MSP of $1298. Also in full size and 45 acp.

For ambi controls I like the HK VP9

I would consider a 1911 in 9mm. get a Rock Island and after you break it in, get whatever mods you want and youre gtg.

https://armscor.com/firearms/ria/rock-series/rock-ultra-fs-9mm/

Or if you want to spend a bit more and still be relatively inexpensive;

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/BUL-1911-Trophy-Classic-9mm-Stainless-Steel-P5615.aspx

Been reading all the replies and someone suggested a 22LR, which might be a good choice. Still in love with that Wilson Combat EDC but can't see myself putting out $2895 and then waiting for it to be built. Now, possibly on the hunt for a really nice 22LR.

Recommend you consider a Ruger Mark IV Hunter and/or the GP100 in 22LR.

I have them both and they are high  quality firearms, imho.  (On a side note, after always regretting not purchasing a 7” fluted barrel back in the 1970s for my High Standard Sharpshooter, I finally scratched that itch 45 years later by buying the Hunter.)