Kent Coleslaw

Can a NJ FFL do compliance work, or do I need to order the rifle to an out of state FFL, they do the work, then send it to my FFL?

Hey guys, new on these forums. I've been in the market for a Sig MCX for a while, but it would require the folding/collapsing stock to be pinned, plus muzzle obviously. Can a NJ FFL get a non-compliant rifle shipped to them, then do the work themselves before transferring to me? If so, any recommendations in the Mt Laurel area? I don't mind driving if the work is good and reasonably priced.

The only reason I even ask is because I got an M10 DIY kit from Atlantic back when they were dirt cheap, and had some issues with my FFL. For those who don't know, it's basically a WASR AK without furniture. My FFL had issues accepting it and pinning the muzzle since "it's not legal in NJ". I argued that since it didn't have a pistol grip (no furniture), it currently is legal and just needs the muzzle sorted before I add furniture. They argued that since it COULD have a pistol grip attached, it's illegal. I argued that by that logic all guns are illegal, since they could have stuff added or changed to make them illegal. 

They eventually did it, but it was  a weird situation. I'd like to deal with someone else this time around.

9 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

Give @remixer a call!  Not that far from you and you can't go wrong! 

Monmouth Arms - Firearms Dealer
172 US 9 - Suite F
Englishtown (Marlboro TWP) NJ 07726
[email protected]
732-547-1243

:)

42 minutes ago, Kent Coleslaw said:

Hey guys, new on these forums. I've been in the market for a Sig MCX for a while, but it would require the folding/collapsing stock to be pinned, plus muzzle obviously. Can a NJ FFL get a non-compliant rifle shipped to them, then do the work themselves before transferring to me? If so, any recommendations in the Mt Laurel area? I don't mind driving if the work is good and reasonably priced.

The only reason I even ask is because I got an M10 DIY kit from Atlantic back when they were dirt cheap, and had some issues with my FFL. For those who don't know, it's basically a WASR AK without furniture. My FFL had issues accepting it and pinning the muzzle since "it's not legal in NJ". I argued that since it didn't have a pistol grip (no furniture), it currently is legal and just needs the muzzle sorted before I add furniture. They argued that since it COULD have a pistol grip attached, it's illegal. I argued that by that logic all guns are illegal, since they could have stuff added or changed to make them illegal. 

They eventually did it, but it was  a weird situation. I'd like to deal with someone else this time around.

Just did 2 MCX's Last week

• Haha 1

I dunno about remixer. I’ve had him do compliance work on my last 5 ARs and not sure if his work is any good. I’ll follow up after my 10th one. :D:D
I think any NJ FFL can accept a non compliant gun/rifle but it would need to be made NJ compliant before it’s transferred to you. The other prob is some stores will not even ship to NJ and some FFLs are not competent or able to do compliance work. Correct me if I am wrong but yea Steve is my goto guy and he should be yours too!

10 minutes ago, My1stGlock said:

I dunno about remixer. I’ve had him do compliance work on my last 5 ARs and not sure if his work is any good. I’ll follow up after my 10th one. :D:D
I think any NJ FFL can accept a non compliant gun/rifle but it would need to be made NJ compliant before it’s transferred to you. The other prob is some stores will not even ship to NJ and some FFLs are not competent or able to do compliance work. Correct me if I am wrong but yea Steve is my goto guy and he should be yours too!

Only 5... I was just getting the hang of it lol

• Haha 1