silverado427

Fatal accident In Toms River

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

Heard about it earlier today. Thank God no one was in the house.

It was a two story office building, not a  house.

1 hour ago, Handyman said:

Guy must have been tearing it up to get that much air off a curb. 

Check out the skid marks he left:

6OYWFKVYABH5XFU26D7HQYXL6Y.jpg

That is pretty F'd up.  I feel sorry for the passenger.  Thank god others weren't killed   

Damn raciing video games.  Where's that Schmuck Statist Governor?  Lets ban Corvettes and raise the driving age to 30  That poor young adult wasn't responbile.  Maybe we should hold the maker of the headlights accountable?

Epidemic?

Teen driver gets 3 years in 118 mph prom weekend... Those poor children in this vehicle.   I saw the medivac helicopter.  This broke my heart.  

The story made FNC. 

I'm guessing still drunk (or massively hung over) from Sat night, speed (at least 120)  and a deer were the ingredients for this crash.  Hooper Ave sucks most of the time but not so much that early on a Sunday morning.  There are no intersections or driveways where the skid marks start.  The curve ahead on Hooper was not that bad, but at 150, they could have just hit a patch of sand and went sideways.

The curb got the car off the ground, velocity and mass and a sloped embankment got it airborne.

13 hours ago, voyager9 said:

I read elsewhere that the accident happened around 230 but they weren’t found until 6. Occupants bled out. 

The crash, which happened around 6:30 a.m., occurred near the intersection of Indian Hill. Skid marks could be seen across four lanes of the road leading up to the building.

EDIT: found the launch ramp.

0afc7c5e-b1ac-4114-9e23-d2423e33dd1c-Tom

29 minutes ago, Scorpio64 said:

The story made FNC. 

I'm guessing still drunk (or massively hung over) from Sat night, speed (at least 120)  and a deer were the ingredients for this crash.  Hooper Ave sucks most of the time but not so much that early on a Sunday morning.  There are no intersections or driveways where the skid marks start.  The curve ahead on Hooper was not that bad, but at 150, they could have just hit a patch of sand and went sideways.

The curb got the car off the ground, velocity and mass and a sloped embankment got it airborne.

EDIT: found the launch ramp.

0afc7c5e-b1ac-4114-9e23-d2423e33dd1c-Tom

Hey! That is my photo!

They say the crash happened at 630. A local said he heard the crash. I got the call at 8am and was on scene at 830.

The car jumped the median, then the curb, traveled about 100 feet down into this embankment and that was all she wrote. The car landed in building upside down and sideways. At the speed they were going, I wouldn't be surprised if the impact with the embankment killed them instantly.

• Like 2
  • Informative 2

15 hours ago, Handyman said:

I saw that in the news. Guy must have been tearing it up to get that much air off a curb. 

Image result for turbo boost gif

Looking at the pics, they seem to catch air over the median and hit pavement again as witnessed by the skidmarks. That's some impressive physics to pole vault it off the curb 15 feet in the air. Looks like possibly upside down and backward to boot. 

Today, 2 families are in shock and immeasurable pain. They will soon be planning funerals - for a 22- and 23-year old -  young guys barely out of their teen years that had their whole damn lives stretched in front of them. Every ounce of love their parents poured into them - all of that potential - gone in a split second. I've always thought I had an above-average sense of humor, but damn, something like this is far too grim and tragic for me to laugh about.

I admit, guys... sometimes I don't get your gallows humor! :facepalm:

• Agree 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Today, 2 families are in shock and immeasurable pain. They will soon be planning funerals - for a 22- and 23-year old -  young guys barely out of their teen years that had their whole damn lives stretched in front of them. Every ounce of love their parents poured into them - all of that potential - gone in a split second. I've always thought I had an above-average sense of humor, but damn, something like this is far too grim and tragic for me to laugh about.

It’s life... it happens 

14 minutes ago, Mrs. Peel said:

It’s a defense mechanism needed to move forward. 

• Agree 1

Not that it matters, but it was reported the building was a former house turned into commercial building housing a realtor's office.

Factoring in the length and location of the skids marks, size and location of what sent the vehicle through the air, they had to be moving close to the car's max speed (I believe). I could not locate braking specs after a quick search; aside from that an upgraded brake system was a factory option.

Just now, kc17 said:

Not that it matters, but it was reported the building was a former house turned into commercial building housing a realtor's office.

Factoring in the length and location of the skids marks, size and location of what sent the vehicle through the air, they had to be moving close to the car's max speed (I believe). I could not locate braking specs after a quick search; aside from that an upgraded brake system was a factory option.

One veteran cop on scene I was talking to off the record said he would guess the speed was around 140-150.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BobA said:

I think we can all take a lesson here:

If the big bad wolf had a Porsche when he got to the last little piggy's house he would have had enough Taylor Ham to go through two winters. 

Pork roll dude!

but that was linguistic magic!

you win today 

3 hours ago, dajonga said:

Hey! That is my photo!

They say the crash happened at 630. A local said he heard the crash. I got the call at 8am and was on scene at 830.

The car jumped the median, then the curb, traveled about 100 feet down into this embankment and that was all she wrote. The car landed in building upside down and sideways. At the speed they were going, I wouldn't be surprised if the impact with the embankment killed them instantly.

Got any more photos of the scene you can share?