silverado427

Fatal accident In Toms River

I just read that police do not know when the accident occurred and that the driver stopped answering texts from his girlfriend around 1. Accident was reported around 630am. So, these guys could have been upside down and slowly dying for several hours. Horrific.

2 minutes ago, dajonga said:

I just read that police do not know when the accident occurred and that the driver stopped answering texts from his girlfriend around 1. Accident was reported around 630am. So, these guys could have been upside down and slowly dying for several hours. Horrific.

Not as good as da model pics dude. Jus sayen 

5 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Air bag didn't deploy. Not that it would have mattered, just an observation.

The Porsche airbag accelerometer sensors must have a logic circuit that, under certain conditions, triggers an “Oh, hell, what’s the point” message that shuts off deployment. 

• Haha 2

The car was upside down, and it looks like the roof is crushed.. my guess is it went roof side into the building, maybe even engine side. probably doing 120+ to get that high. 

The car probably bottomed out after crossing the median when it hit the curb. Which would have had maximum  deflection.

It's not entirely difficult  to get a car like that moving this fast. 

33 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

The car was upside down, and it looks like the roof is crushed.. my guess is it went roof side into the building, maybe even engine side.

...." The 2010 Porsche Boxster convertible driven by DeMartin "

Looks like it didn't have a real roof, not that it mattered at that impact.

3 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

Air bag didn't deploy. Not that it would have mattered, just an observation.

At 140 mph., I don't think we have the technology, currently, to prevent someone from getting killed in this type of auto crash.  What a shame.

22 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

At 140 mph., I don't think we have the technology, currently, to prevent someone from getting killed in this type of auto crash.  What a shame.

Not the point. At 100+ mph, the air bag sensors should have detected an impact, no matter what angle it hit.

6 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

young guys barely out of their teen years that had their whole damn lives stretched in front of them. 

Just the good ol' boys
Never meanin' no harm
Beats all you never saw
Been in trouble with the law
Since the day they was born
Staightenin' the curves
Flattenin' the hills
Someday the mountain might get 'em
But the law never will

31 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

We have the technology. Watch a few NASCAR races and you'll see some spectacular crashes with cars going faster.  A lot of these crashes you see the driver walking away from them. The first factor is the cost of full roll cages, helmets, driving suits, etc.  The second is how many people would suit up for a run to Wawa.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Today, 2 families are in shock and immeasurable pain. They will soon be planning funerals - for a 22- and 23-year old -  young guys barely out of their teen years that had their whole damn lives stretched in front of them. Every ounce of love their parents poured into them - all of that potential - gone in a split second. I've always thought I had an above-average sense of humor, but damn, something like this is far too grim and tragic for me to laugh about.

I admit, guys... sometimes I don't get your gallows humor! :facepalm:

The reason that we can make fun of this is because 2 evil people are no longer putting the public in danger. Luckily no one else got hurt just the 2 scumbags, justice got served and now we can laugh about it. If they would have killed another family that day we wouldn't be laughing at all, we would be tying the noose. 

• Agree 1

To be fair, for all we know the passenger could've been telling the driver to slow down.

To be very generous, the driver could've had some type of medical episode and was not in control at the time. Odds are against it, but still a possibility.

The investigators will do what they do and may or may not make public their theory of events. Only two people knew the what, how and maybe the why; nether of them can share that information.

Agreed, it is very good nobody outside of the vehicle was injured.

• Agree 3
  • Informative 1

1 minute ago, kc17 said:

To be fair, for all we know the passenger could've been telling the driver to slow down.

To be very generous, the driver could've had some type of medical episode and was not in control at the time. Odds are against it, but still a possibility.

The investigators will do what they do and may or may not make public their theory of events. Only two people knew the what, how and maybe the why; nether of them can share that information.

Agreed, it is very good nobody outside of the vehicle was injured.

Wow....you HAD to bring some sense and logic to this discussion, didn’t you? 

For shame....

• Haha 1
  • Crazy 1

4 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Young men in hot cars seem to have a lot of such ‘medical episodes’, so yeah, odds are against it

While glad no third parties were hurt, I also agree with points made by Mrs Peel   A follow up article said the Porsche was a gift to the driver from his Dad...so I can’t fathom the guilt he must feel.   The driver’s girlfriend said he liked to go joy riding, and she would have been with him in the car except she fell asleep and he couldn’t reach her before he headed out 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 10X said:

...The driver’s girlfriend said he liked to go joy riding, and she would have been with him in the car except she fell asleep and he couldn’t reach her before he headed out 

Good thing for her and her family.

13 minutes ago, 10X said:

The driver’s girlfriend said he liked to go joy riding,

He died doing what he loved. Unfortunately, he apparently loved driving like an imbecile.

The take home message here is clear - if you have an embankment on your property, put a big rock at the top. 

21 hours ago, Mrs. Peel said:

Today, 2 families are in shock and immeasurable pain. They will soon be planning funerals - for a 22- and 23-year old -  young guys barely out of their teen years that had their whole damn lives stretched in front of them. Every ounce of love their parents poured into them - all of that potential - gone in a split second. I've always thought I had an above-average sense of humor, but damn, something like this is far too grim and tragic for me to laugh about.

I admit, guys... sometimes I don't get your gallows humor! :facepalm:

The reality for me is the relief that that insane and irresponsible behavior didn't kill others.  I do feel bad for these young men, especially the pasenger.  

• Agree 2