1LtCAP

underarmor

27 minutes ago, Handyman said:

As is often the case, they were a decent product years ago. Now they are cheaply made overpriced foreign crap. 

This is true... it's all about the marketing now.

33 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

is it just me? or do these things not keep ya warm at all?

Just get the generic stuff, you'll be just as warm (and have more bucks in your pocket).

Depends what you get and what you use it for..

A lot of their gear is active wear, like the compression thermals. 

I have their cold weather hunting gear and it's great for base layer. But it's intended to be a true base layer, with a real cold weather outer coat/pant.

Your right, that most regular cheapo thermals do just as good... but they suck at drying out. And the fabric is not as nice or the fit.

If I wear sweatpants and any thermals outside on a windy day... the cold cold cuts right through them.

Agree with @JackDaWack...

the cold weather compression stuff works for me.  I wear it as a base layer, with another shirt over it, then a cold weather coat and I’m warm all day.  Same for the the cold weather pants.  I wear them under my lighter weight snowboard pants and I’m warm all day on the mountain.  

using today for an example. it was a cold weather compression shirt. I had 2 tees a work uniform shirt and a jacket on over it. the friggin cold was cutting right through. when I got outta my truck to walk into the dentist office I was shivering by the time I got in. tonight here at home, I was still cold with it on unless I was right near the wood stove. took it off, and not so cold now. i'm feeling like a dumbass having bought what's supposed to be top of the line to keep me warm...….and it felt like it did the exact opposite. gonna hit wallyworld tomorrow night and buy some cheapo thermals......

2 hours ago, Shocker said:

Arc'teryx Phase AR or Satoro AR for your base layer

Horrifyingly expensive but your nips will be toasty all day long. But as mentioned, you need some sort of shell on top to block wind

Ya, under armor looks reasonable at those prices... Sitka is another great brand that will bankrupt ya.