Downtownv

NJ man seeking gun permits loses appeal 11/14/19

1 minute ago, SJG said:

When it comes to firearms, your past can haunt you. It is still a good idea if you qualify to get a record of conviction expunged for other reasons.

Yes it can.  The decision to issue is also somewhat discretionary on the authorities part. And that's as much as I will post online of that.  But you are more than correct with you're advice to spend the $1000.00 and get it done. With an expungment one can look anyone in the eye and say I do not have a record - legally.  One can check any box "no" that asks on any application that asks if you have a record - Legally.   

10 hours ago, SJG said:

For those of you who have played lawyer, you are wrong on the law, wrong on the effect of an expungement and wrong on what led the court to reach the decision it did. You may be interested to know that this case was handled by Nappen. Additonally,  the evidence that Nappen and his client put forth left a lot to be desired.

So you've been able to post three different comments this morning, but you can't seem to find the time to expand on your comment here.

10 hours ago, W2MC said:

So you've been able to post three different comments this morning, but you can't seem to find the time to expand on your comment here.

WTF do you think you are Mr. Rude, I don't have to account to you how I spend my time and what I choose to comment on.

it's insane how the police and court can dig out all your past from somewhere. Apparently, they can access to all court and Police records across the US even if you have not been arrested or committed any crime.

I was wrongfully denied a FID from another state so I contacted my local PD and got everything sorted out. I have never been arrested or shown in court room for anything (except for one traffic ticket resulted in no fine). Supposedly, this should not have left any record but I was wrong! When I was applying for FID in NJ last year, the detective called me and asked me how that happened..She said she found that from a police record (not from state police!). I was really shocked that they even found that out. I myself almost forgot that ever happened! The good news is that I got my FID at the end, but that's still shocking to me. 

With this story and mine, I think people should be more careful with law enforcement. You sure don't want to break the law but you also want to avoid them as much as you can. Your call to them is always recorded and your interaction with any police in duty, even during a regular traffic stop, is filmed all the time...just scary that to think anything you say to them can be evidence against you decades later..

23 hours ago, Sniper said:

That can't be possible. Isn't Nappen a Legend in firearm laws (in his own mind)?

o90oJ9L.gif

2 hours ago, SJG said:

WTF do you think you are Mr. Rude, I don't have to account to you how I spend my time and what I choose to comment on.

That's cranky old fart Mr. Rude to you.

2 hours ago, SJG said:

Here at NJGF, you are for some reason to address every single person who responds to you, regardless of how many times you've already answered the same question or if it's ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Here at NJGF, you are for some reason to address every single person who responds to you, regardless of how many times you've already answered the same question or if it's ridiculous.

You are welcome to leave.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Greenday said:

How about if you post something ridiculous (which is 90% of your posts), but NEVER come back with any evidence to support them, but run away?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SJG said:

WTF yourself?  You pop in, say everyone is wrong; yet back it up with nothing. Did Greenday take over your account? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Greenday said:

This is a Forum, AVB forgets that sometimes too. It's not your personal blog.

There is an easy solution , you can simply copy and paste your post if you feel you have to repeat yourself... Since people cant find these "ghost" responses you speak of it would be very helpful to all of us. 

17 hours ago, Greenday said:

Nice try again..

I would LOVE for you to post where you come up with your delusions. It would really help us understand where you get your daily dose of koolaid.

Unfortunately, 90% of your assertions are backed up by ziltch, nada, nothing, no sources, etc., this is why so many people mock you, but you still haven't figure it out.

If you would post links that back up your assertions, other people could help you understand what's truly going on. I can only guess you choose to just stay ignorant or truly think you know it all at your young age.

On 11/15/2019 at 7:33 AM, BobA said:

Yes it can.  The decision to issue is also somewhat discretionary on the authorities part. And that's as much as I will post online of that.  But you are more than correct with you're advice to spend the $1000.00 and get it done. With an expungment one can look anyone in the eye and say I do not have a record - legally.  One can check any box "no" that asks on any application that asks if you have a record - Legally.   

You are pretty much correct.  There are different levels of criminal record checks.  I'll call them administrative and criminal justice as different jurisdictions call them different things.

Administrative is done by many prospective employers.  If you've had an expungement you can say no and your employer gets shown a clean slate.

A criminal justice inquiry is different.  It's available only to and use by law enforcement and courts.  Expungements may or may not show up on a criminal justice query.  They apparently do in NJ.

I'm guessing at the time line but it appears after his convictions for his disorderly persons offenses he managed to get in some branch of the military.  He's lucky he did as those offenses will usually serve as a bar to enlistment. 

He still didn't clean up his act after the military.  He got arrested for eluding and pulling a knife on the police.  He's lucky he  didn't get shot.  Bringing a knife to a gunfight? These are both felony level charges. He pled guilty.  This could very well be the reason he wasn't hired by the police department.  A good choice by the chief IMO, expungement or no expungement.

He's also playing the veteran's card.  Being a veteran myself I can say this.  The military is like anywhere else.  There are scummy people everywhere with and without criminal records.

I have no sympathy for this guy.  We all were young and stupid at one time.  Few of us ever pulled a knife on a cop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, GRIZ said:

He's also playing the veteran's card.  Being a veteran myself I can say this.  The military is like anywhere else.  There are scummy people everywhere with and without criminal records.

Worth the Gooooooogle

Gang members joining the Military and the training/tactics learned are used with bad intentions...

The Miltitary is made up from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly..... Just like the rest of the world.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Downtownv said:

Worth the Gooooooogle

Gang members joining the Military and the training/tactics learned are used with bad intentions...

The Miltitary is made up from the Good, the Bad and the Ugly..... Just like the rest of the world.

Gang members going into the military has been going on for some time.

The "security" forces of many of the drug cartels in Mexico are veterans of the Mexican Army.  It pays much better.

Spot on as @GRIZ said.  The guy apparently didn't clean up after military and based on his old statement he still has a lot of pent up aggression.  

In any case, when you pull a knife on a cop... game over.  As was said, he is lucky he did not get shot.  

• Like 3
  • Agree 1