Zeus2112

Local PD for purchase permits—Why?

The short answer to your question is that the NJ statue reads you have to apply at your local PD, unless you don't have a local PD, then you must apply at the nearest state police station/barracks.

This subject is covered in several threads on the forum.

I think you'll find that, on average, you will get your purchase permits faster through your local PD than applying at a state police barracks.  With the new FARS in place, I apply on-line and the local barracks will have my permits in about 3 1/2 months.  If everyone applied at their "local" barracks, that number would probably double.

I ask, because I filled out the online FARS, was approved by State Police within a couple weeks, or less, and my local PD has been taking over 4 weeks now, doing whatever they need to do on their end to approve me for 2 purchase permits. Im really getting annoyed at this process....Doesnt seem right, does it?

16 minutes ago, Zeus2112 said:

I ask, because I filled out the online FARS, was approved by State Police within a couple weeks, or less, and my local PD has been taking over 4 weeks now, doing whatever they need to do on their end to approve me for 2 purchase permits. Im really getting annoyed at this process....Doesnt seem right, does it?

Your getting annoyed and think it's wrong..that's cute...

ff57aaa61cf734d4473e74685b4a1afe.png

• Haha 2