Sniper

BOOM.... DOW hits 28,000 Record!!!

42 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

The markets would do better if any states with lockdowns just ended them.

Then maybe offer loans to fund re-entry into business for those who went out of business.

Lefty mayors and governors are signaling that they plan to lift all the lockdowns.  

It'll be the Biden miracle.

Well, the anticipation of billions of additional printed dollars from the new administration pushes the market to another new HIGH!!!

We're going to be RICH!!!

...."The stock market rallied to a record close as President Joe Biden was sworn into office, sparking hopes for another stimulus package and smoother vaccine rollout ahead.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 257.86 points, or 0.8%, to a new closing high of 31,188.38. The S&P 500 advanced 1.4% to a record close of 3,851.85, led by the communication services sector. The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite jumped nearly 2% to 13,457.25, notching a fresh record. All three averages also refreshed their intraday highs during the session.

tenor.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Just need to head for the exit before the party is over.   I just wish I had some idea of what a good key indicator would be.  I suppose when I start hearing about new regulations on every industry, it may be time.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Malsua said:

Just need to head for the exit before the party is over.   I just wish I had some idea of what a good key indicator would be.  I suppose when I start hearing about new regulations on every industry, it may be time.

I agree, that's the toughest part, knowing the timing when to pull the pin...  if we only had a crystal ball.

But in the mean time, we should be riding this puppy for for all it's worth, and make some coin...

10 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I agree, that's the toughest part, knowing the timing when to pull the pin...  if we only had a crystal ball.

But in the mean time, we should be riding this puppy for for all it's worth, and make some coin...

My Vanguard Mega Cap growth ETF was up 2.58% on the day.   $5.20 a share up.   I wish I had 10k shares, but at $207.130 a share, I'm somewhat constrained :).  The S&P Value ETF was only up .38% which is a bit of a bummer, but it's a little less risky.

Still, if I sold what I earned today, I could get at least 20 boxes of 9mm from Cheaper than Dirt ;).   That was just my Vanguard account of mad money.  My actual 401k though probably earned a ton but it won't calculate and update until tomorrow.  

14 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

SRET

What do you think will happen with the REITs with all the abandoned commercial office space, due to Covid and the work from home crowd? Not to mention all the restaurants and retail stores that have closed down. Just a dividend play?

22 minutes ago, Sniper said:

What do you think will happen with the REITs with all the abandoned commercial office space, due to Covid and the work from home crowd? Not to mention all the restaurants and retail stores that have closed down. Just a dividend play?

don't care, not all REITs are created equal...lol  If you are going to look at at REITS, this is a great vehicle to jump into. 

composition, location, and weighted avg of agency backed property debt, types of REITs in portfolio

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/SRET

Another day, another record. DOW hits a new high!!

Please make it stop...

...."The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed slightly to a record on Wednesday as investors digested a new batch of corporate earnings as well as data showing subdued inflation.

The 30-stock benchmark finished the volatile session 61.97 points higher, or 0.2%, to a record closing high of 31,437.80.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/02/09/stock-futures-flat-after-stocks-snap-six-day-winning-streak.html

The financial industry confuses the the heck out of me.

The DOW is an index of a set of stocks, right? This is a representation of the worth of a set of publicly traded companies. The idea that these are worth a record number of dollars without being significantly changed is a sign of low inflation how? More dollars to buy the same thing is exactly what inflation is.

What am I missing?

7 minutes ago, Mr.Stu said:

What am I missing?

The Three Trillion+ dollars of printed money by the Fed last year  that got "infused" into the market. That's what's propping it up, along with Biden wanting to print another $2 Trillion now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sniper said:

The Three Trillion+ dollars of printed money by the Fed last year  that got "infused" into the market. That's what's propping it up, along with Biden wanting to print another $2 Trillion now.

That provides some explanation for why the price is going up. I don't understand how it is described as low inflation when the price is reaching record levels. The price being similar to what it was before would be low inflation. This is the opposite.

2 hours ago, Mr.Stu said:

That provides some explanation for why the price is going up. I don't understand how it is described as low inflation when the price is reaching record levels. The price being similar to what it was before would be low inflation. This is the opposite.

So a friend of my sister is tapped into a group of venture capital companies and she was discussing their current problem.

She said that all together, there is around 3 trillion in "dry money" out there.  Some call it dry powder, but it's the same thing.  A vast reservoir of money waiting to be pumped into something.   Right now they are pumping it into capital markets and stocks like the FAANGs.  Of course this makes the problem even worse.

All this extra money is FED liquidity and when more dollars chase the same thing...you get inflation, so we have inflation.

1 hour ago, Malsua said:

She said that all together, there is around 3 trillion in "dry money" out there.  Some call it dry powder, but it's the same thing.  A vast reservoir of money waiting to be pumped into something.   Right now they are pumping it into capital markets and stocks like the FAANGs.  Of course this makes the problem even worse.

All this extra money is FED liquidity and when more dollars chase the same thing...you get inflation, so we have inflation.

And here is the chart of what that "Dry Powder" looks like, with the $3 Trillion printed dollars the last year. Obama printed like a drunken sailor with all his three QE and Operation Twist injections. Trump printed like a drunken Navy last year. We'll have to see if Biden can outdo both of them:

2021.02.10-11.57-revolvernews-6023ca2a4b

On 2/10/2021 at 9:19 PM, Sniper said:

And here is the chart of what that "Dry Powder" looks like, with the $3 Trillion printed dollars the last year. Obama printed like a drunken sailor with all his three QE and Operation Twist injections. Trump printed like a drunken Navy last year. We'll have to see if Biden can outdo both of them:

BOOM!!!... New records, almost daily... DOW hits 33,130 as I type this... To the moon,  Alice. The market getting a nice juicing by Biden's $1.9 TRILLION sugar burst!

He's really going to try and outdo Trump, he's also looking to go even bigger on a infrastructure bill... Are you all in, along for the ride?

3 hours ago, Sniper said:

He's really going to try and outdo Trump, he's also looking to go even bigger on a infrastructure bill... Are you all in, along for the ride?

I'm actually considering taking some off the table before it goes Boom. I rather lose some going up, than losing it going down. It's really not yours till you sell it. 

• Agree 1

S&P 500 closes in new record territory today, over 4,000.

The market is definitely enjoying the sugar high it's getting from Sleepy Joe's $1.9 TRILLION juicing, including the $1,400 giveaway checks. And now he's proposing another $2.3 TRILLION juicing with a infrastructure bill...

The sugar crash will be historic!

• FacePalm 1

6 hours ago, Sniper said:

The market is definitely enjoying the sugar high it's getting from Sleepy Joe's $1.9 TRILLION juicing, including the $1,400 giveaway checks. And now he's proposing another $2.3 TRILLION juicing with a infrastructure bill...

The sugar crash will be historic!

Sandy Cortez wants it to be $10 Trillion

On 4/1/2021 at 4:20 PM, Sniper said:

Hey, don't worry about those producer price indexes or wholesale prices, the S&P 500 just hit another record at 4373 right now,

....."The S&P 500 rose to a new intraday record Wednesday after Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell said in prepared remarks that the central bank is not close to altering its easy monetary policies. "

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/13/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

And, the DOW is knocking on the door of a new high too... around 35,000.

You're going to be rich!!!!!!

I’ve been standing on this corner waiting for that crash... I think its been 3 years or more...  Seems like the crash didn’t get the memo.

In the mean time...  everyone probably ought to make some money.  Those that have their cash buried in the yard are losing money.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Kevin125 said:

I’ve standing on this corner waiting for that crash... I think its been 3 years or more...  Seems like the crash didn’t get the memo.

In the mean time...  everyone probably ought to make some money.  Those that have their cash buried in the yard are losing money.

I agree, it defies normal logic..

But like they say, "make hay when the sun is shining". I'm riding the wave, ready to punch out when needed.

8 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I agree, it defies normal logic..

But like they say, "make hay when the sun is shining". I'm riding the wave, ready to punch out when needed.

I've already cashed out a bit, with some of the big gains, might lose some bumpy cashing out, but it's never really yours till you sell.

Might put some in property where I might end up hopefully 5-6 years.

And just like that, a new DOW record... along with the S&P 500 and Nasdaq...

The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 82.76 points, or 0.2%, to an all-time high of 35,144.31, also rising for a fifth straight day.

The S&P 500 reached another record high on Monday ahead of a busy week of earnings reports from technology’s heaviest hitters.

The tech-heavy Nasdaq Composite closed slightly higher at 14,840.71, hitting a new high.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/25/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

Another week... Another record....

Dow rises 100 points, closes at record high after jobs report shows strong economic recovery

Stocks tied to the economic recovery rose after a stronger-than-expected jobs report on Friday, sending two key market averages to all-time highs.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 144.26 points, or 0.4%, and closed at an all-time high of 35,208.51. The S&P 500 rose nearly 0.2% to clinch its own record close at 4,436.52

For the week, the Dow rose 0.7% for its second positive week in three. The S&P 500 rose 0.9% for the week and is now up 18.1% for the year. The Nasdaq rose 1.1% for the week.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/05/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html

103790215-GettyImages-108114110.530x298.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:55 PM, Bklynracer said:

Might be wrong, But this can't last. 

I didn't think so either, but here we are... another record!

DOW at a new record of 36,844 right now.

...."The Dow Jones Industrial average rose for a second day to start 2022 as investors bet on the kinds of stocks that would benefit from a robust economy this year despite the omicron threat.

The Dow rose 269 points, or about 0.7%, and hit an intraday record on Tuesday. The S&P 500 also reached an intraday record, before turning lower as tech shares fell.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/03/stock-market-futures-open-to-close-news.html