Pizza Bob

60 Minutes / Red Flag Laws

Well, in the very first sentence, the anchor referred to the recent CA shooting as the "366th mass shooting this year" - so, yeah, they're taking the most exaggerated numbers from the most anti-2A websites for their "talking points". I'm guessing this shows how the REST of this report is going to go. :facepalm:

Journalism is dead.

Update: I felt it started out on an anti-2A note (see comment above)... and ended on an anti-2A note with a speaker who is pro-red flag laws. Sandwiched somewhere in the middle, there were some tidbits of information from some sheriffs against these laws - who inferred that it's dumb to target the gun, because it's not really treating the problem (which is the person). But, they didn't get much time to develop that... and no one mentioned the 10's of thousands of dollars that the "accused" would need to shell out to "prove" that they're not a threat... and unless I missed it, nor did anyone mention how a person of ill intent could use this law to disarm their intended victim.  So, fairly anti-2A... and fairly brief. That's my take.

35 minutes ago, Greenday said:

Haven't watched 60 minutes in years. It's much less like investigating and a lot more like selectively picking topics that they can air their opinion on.

We'll turn you into a conservative yet...

2 hours ago, W2MC said:

We'll turn you into a conservative yet...

That will happen right after you see this:

7111QSDxaRL._SY500_.jpg

(and after AVB votes Republican).

2 hours ago, Greenday said:

Haven't watched 60 minutes in years. It's much less like investigating and a lot more like selectively picking topics that they can air their opinion on.

Sounds like your favorite channel over at CNN, you know, the one you don't "watch", but only "read" and "listen" to.

14 hours ago, W2MC said:

...Which is why I haven't watched 60 Minutes in years.....

Haven't watched them since that cover up over the whistle blower big tobacco thing in '96.  CBS lawyers ordered 60 minutes to pull the story fearing corporate back lash.  Mike Wallace went public with it and they had to show it.  But it showed the colluding corruption in media.