remixer

Kitchen Cabinet Draw Slides (Upgrade)

Hey Gents (and Lady)

Looking to upgrade my current kitchen Draw slides to the Full Extension (bearing) slides. my question is measurements.

Cabinet depth is 20"
Draws themselves are 17 3/4: From back of draw to back of draw face (actual size of draw if face was removed)

Question is do i get a 18" slide or 20". I plan to install using wood blocks on the side of the tracks (not using the rear bracket that always come loose)

Just now, Sniper said:

What brand are you considering? Depending, they do come in different weight ratings.

homedepot and amazon sell Liberty, everbuilt (same Company) amazon sells Pro-mark (looks exactly the same as Liberty)

all are rated at 100lbs

Just now, Sniper said:

Do you usually put more than 100 lbs in your drawers? :scratchhead:

Maybe it's time to stop hiding your ammo in the kitchen?

Where else do you store gold?

ammo LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Promark-Capacity-Extension-Closing-Inches-10/dp/B00B84WQIQ/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=Promark+18+Inch&qid=1574091901&s=hi&sr=1-3

Just now, Sniper said:

I think those are the winners. If you go for the 20", they might be too long for the box.

I'm thinking the same thing.

this is interesting Made by same manufacture different pricing and different reviews LOL

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Liberty-18-in-Soft-Close-Full-Extension-Side-Mount-Ball-Bearing-Drawer-Slide-1-Pair-941805/205171291

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-18-in-Soft-Close-Full-Extension-Side-Mount-Ball-Bearing-Drawer-Slide-Set-D94218E-ZP-W/302867519

3 minutes ago, remixer said:

seems the liberty get good reviews on the non softclose slides.

Reviews are a lot better on those. They almost look like Accuride clones. I'm surprised on how many bad experiences on those first ones, probably because of being typical China knockoffs. It would really piss me off to spend all the time to remount them, only to have them break in a few months.

I have cheap ones (I assume since we never specified otherwise when the cabinets were ordered).  3 drawers failed so far.  Drives me crazy fixing them all the time.

I had to laugh at one HGTV episode of First Time Home Buyers or some such where the wifes' main criterion to choose a house was whether or not the kitchen drawers were self-closing.  Seriously, that was THE most important feature.

2 hours ago, AlDente67 said:

I have cheap ones (I assume since we never specified otherwise when the cabinets were ordered).  3 drawers failed so far.  Drives me crazy fixing them all the time.

It's usually worthwhile to spend a few more dollars on something that gets regular use, to avoid these hassles...

I have a wife that breaks a lot of things... I have a tough time finding replacement items made out of Titanium...  :mosking:

4 minutes ago, Sniper said:

It's usually worthwhile to spend a few more dollars on something that gets regular use, to avoid these hassles...

I have a wife that breaks a lot of things... I have a tough time finding replacements made out of Titanium...  :mosking:

So what are you saying? You don't have balls of steel?