kc17

Magazine ban fight will continue

Did not see this posted, mods please move/delete if I missed it.

Got an email from ANRJPC today, the State's attempt to quash the challenge on the "High Cap Mag Ban" failed. The case will continue to the Third Circuit. Too bad they wouldn't put the ban on hold until it has run through all appeals and is settled. From what I've read Trump has made the Third Circuit more 2A friendly, yes/no?

Source:

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/NJAttempttoKillMagBanChallengeFAILS

Just now, kc17 said:

Did not see this posted, mods please move/delete if I missed it.

Got an email from ANRJPC today, the State's attempt to quash the challenge on the "High Cap Mag Ban" failed. The case will continue to the Third Circuit. Too bad they wouldn't put the ban on hold until it has run through all appeals and is settled. From what I've read Trump has made the Third Circuit more 2A friendly, yes/no?

Source:

https://www.anjrpc.org/page/NJAttempttoKillMagBanChallengeFAILS

No different then the Remington issue. Our legal system works slowly and it’s probably a benefit.    Viva la pasta!

37 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Got an email from ANRJPC today,

NJ'S ATTEMPT TO KILL MAG BAN CHALLENGE FAILS
AS THIRD CIRCUIT REQUIRES CASE TO CONTINUE!

November 18, 2019. Today, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit denied a motion made by the State of New Jersey to dismiss and end ANJRPC's case challenging NJ's ban on magazines holding over 10 rounds of ammunition. The decision means that New Jersey's rush to end the case has been defeated and that the case will proceed.

New Jersey officials prematurely declared victory in press releases very early in the case, when the lowest federal court declined to hear it. On appeal to the Third Circuit (middle-level federal appeals court), NJ urged the court to dismiss that appeal as well, but the court has now refused. That means that the appeal will proceed, and New Jersey will be forced to defend its unconstitutional law on appeal. 
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, Greenday said:

Only thing this law was meant to do was turn law abiding citizens into felons and steal our property.

News Flash... Your "Blue Team" has been doing that to us for quite a while. You just noticing that now?

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

On 11/18/2019 at 9:49 PM, Greenday said:

Sounds good. Only thing this law was meant to do was turn law abiding citizens into felons and steal our property.

Very seriously. You back the DNC a lot. This is LITERALLY their platform right now. 

In general, I ask you to ask yourself why they do so, and if any of those reasons are really something you want to support. 

• Like 2

Concealed carry reciprocity has nothing to do with the Supreme Court.  The Court will eventually decide the carry/possession outside the home question, probably in the NYS Rifle and Pistol Association Case.

And saying they need to decide "infringements" is silly. 

You do realize there is nothing magical about the term "shall not be infringed" just because it only appears in the 2A?  The first amendment prohibits "abridging free speech".  The 4th amendment says the right to be free from unreasonable searches and seizures "shall not be violated".  Those are also the only places those particular terms are used.  And yet the 1st and 4th amendments are subject to the parameters set by the Supreme Court.  Same with the Second. 

I  really wish Second Amendment absolutists would stop throwing out the idiotic "what part of 'shall not be infringed' don't you understand" argument.  The 2A is an individual right and it should be subject to strict scrutiny.  But as Scalia wrote its not without limits.  Some gun laws will and should pass constitutional muster.  And the words "shall not be infringed" don't magically negate Marbury vs Madison and the whole concept of Supreme Court review.

Wow I’m sorry you turned all those in! If you live in a smaller town and are friendly with the police I would go back in and see if they would give you some back cause let’s be honest, most are probably now the personal property of the officers. 

Everybody seems so anti gun PDM that I rather no law “pass muster”. 

23 minutes ago, Kwin said:

Wow I’m sorry you turned all those in! If you live in a smaller town and are friendly with the police I would go back in and see if they would give you some back cause let’s be honest, most are probably now the personal property of the officers. 

Everybody seems so anti gun PDM that I rather no law “pass muster”. 

He was joking. :banghead:

If the court sides with 2A they would be saying the ban is unconstitutional? If that be the case I'd like to see a class action law suit against the state for recovery of all the mags we were unconstitutionally required to dispose of or permanently modify (destroy its original functionality).