JackDaWack

Dicks Black Friday Sale

19 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Gotchya!

Only a Dick would buy from Dicks. Support 2A companies this holiday season.

I wanted to make a smart-assed comment but Jack beat me to it!

I have a suspicion that the deal will cover anything in the store including ammo and will net some decent pricing on some stuff.. you can hate them all you want and choose no to support them.. just saying.. for some things.. you may save a fair amount of cash.. 

1 hour ago, vladtepes said:

I have a suspicion that the deal will cover anything in the store including ammo and will net some decent pricing on some stuff.. you can hate them all you want and choose no to support them.. just saying.. for some things.. you may save a fair amount of cash.. 

There is absolutely nothing in this store that is priced so good its worth purchasing. Realistically, you can buy ammo anywhere online that is cheaper on a normal day, let alone when everyone else is running huge sales. 

The only thing i will buy at dicks, as a matter of convenience is hunting licenses and stamps, because they make ZERO dollars on that stuff, and the only other place to get them is Walmart around here. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

There is absolutely nothing in this store that is priced so good its worth purchasing. Realistically, you can buy ammo anywhere online that is cheaper on a normal day, let alone when everyone else is running huge sales. 

The only thing i will buy at dicks, as a matter of convenience is hunting licenses and stamps, because they make ZERO dollars on that stuff, and the only other place to get them is Walmart around here. 

Dick's has higher prices than pretty much anywhere else.

• Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Ray Ray said:

It's a nice shotgun.  I bought mine over ten years ago.  I'm glad not to have a lot of money tied up in a home defense gun. 

On 11/24/2019 at 10:49 AM, RUTGERS95 said:

And lose your self respect as u aid the left

while I get and appreciate your point.. 
2A rights will not be won or lost by shopping at Dicks.. know it or not..

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that more of your money than you suspect ends up in the hands of the anti gun community.. 

31 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

while I get and appreciate your point.. 
2A rights will not be won or lost by shopping at Dicks.. know it or not..

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that more of your money than you suspect ends up in the hands of the anti gun community.. 

you couldn't more wrong on both counts.  Dollars matter and these companies feel it.  Even Tractor Supply is backtracking now.

My purchases, when humanly possible, do not support anti 2a companies etc..  I don't even buy Chinese when I can avoid it.  I'm very conscious of where my money is spent in all endeavors. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, RUTGERS95 said:

you couldn't more wrong on both counts.  Dollars matter and these companies feel it.  Even Tractor Supply is backtracking now.

My purchases, when humanly possible, do not support anti 2a companies etc..  I don't even buy Chinese when I can avoid it.  I'm very conscious of where my money is spent in all endeavors. 

Only when it's obvious and convenient.. 

For example... do you support Horizon Media? They called for more gun control alongside companies like Dicks.. 
While you may not support Horizon directly.. maybe you have a Sprint phone.. or have watched A&E programming.. use Credit Karma.. or Dish Network... you get the idea.. ALL of these companies use Horizon.. and thus give them money.. YOUR money if you support any of them... 

You can make a point with your wallet if you want.. on principle.. but at the end of the day.. we are a consumer society.. and the money trail is impossible to follow.. your dollars.. are absolutely ending up in the hands of the anti 2A community.. unless you live off the grid.. in a cave.. 

4 minutes ago, vladtepes said:

Only when it's obvious and convenient.. 

For example... do you support Horizon Media? They called for more gun control alongside companies like Dicks.. 
While you may not support Horizon directly.. maybe you have a Sprint phone.. or have watched A&E programming.. use Credit Karma.. or Dish Network... you get the idea.. ALL of these companies use Horizon.. and thus give them money.. YOUR money if you support any of them... 

You can make a point with your wallet if you want.. on principle.. but at the end of the day.. we are a consumer society.. and the money trail is impossible to follow.. your dollars.. are absolutely ending up in the hands of the anti 2A community.. unless you live off the grid.. in a cave.. 

yeah no....I hear you but believe me, I'm not like a lot of these cats who run at the mouth.  I practice what I preach and you'll be hard pressed to find me supporting companies that are anti 2a or things I believe when humanly possible. I'm not 100% as you astutely point out with the money trail but I'll bet 1k right now I'm far less than anyone on this board:) 

There are some great websites that one can go to  and find companies are American oriented, pro 2a, etc etc....  This is a great topic actually and we should start a thread on it not to derail this one.

that said, grey ghost has a sick sale right now on stuff but out of the minimalist plate carriers.  I need a few more of those for the family:)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, RUTGERS95 said:

yeah no....I hear you but believe me, I'm not like a lot of these cats who run at the mouth.  I practice what I preach and you'll be hard pressed to find me supporting companies that are anti 2a or things I believe when humanly possible. I'm not 100% as you astutely point out with the money trail but I'll bet 1k right now I'm far less than anyone on this board:) 

There are some great websites that one can go to  and find companies are American oriented, pro 2a, etc etc....  This is a great topic actually and we should start a thread on it not to derail this one.

that said, grey ghost has a sick sale right now on stuff but out of the minimalist plate carriers.  I need a few more of those for the family:)

I am only saying with our nations complex financial interconnectivity it is easier said than done.. its not normally the first line company you have to worry about.. 

You support the most pro America.. pro 2a group.. and then they write a $20k check to Horizon Media it kind of defeats the point.. LOL 

BUT... I agree with everything you said.. and your point about not derailing this thread is valid.. but it is a good discussion.. 

5 hours ago, RUTGERS95 said:

While I agree with both of you, and try to shop the same way as you say

It seems that no matter how many did not shop there, Many more did.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-decision-to-remove-guns-was-big-factor-in-earnings-beat-cfra-2019-11-26

32 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

While I agree with both of you, and try to shop the same way as you say

It seems that no matter how many did not shop there, Many more did.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/dicks-sporting-goods-decision-to-remove-guns-was-big-factor-in-earnings-beat-cfra-2019-11-26

no, it's fluff for an embattled ceo.  spent a successful career on wall street and can tell you that reads like a junior analyst suck up!  lol

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Did you read the comments at the bottom of the article? It tells a different story.