kc17

Another questionable Red Flag case?

Don't think I saw this one already on here.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-jersey-mans-guns-seized-under-red-flag-law-after-his-rival-in-a-lawsuit-filed-a-petition

Basically, guy sues his surgeon, bad mouths him online and over the phone. To me, his biggest mistake was stating "I know where you live". Second biggest mistake, once lawyers are involved he should have stopped all interaction with person(s) he's suing. 

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

Don't think I saw this one already on here.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/new-jersey-mans-guns-seized-under-red-flag-law-after-his-rival-in-a-lawsuit-filed-a-petition

Basically, guy sues his surgeon, bad mouths him online and over the phone. To me, his biggest mistake was stating "I know where you live". Second biggest mistake, once lawyers are involved he should have stopped all interaction with person(s) he's suing. 

If I’m reading it right the surgeon sued him for defamation after his negative online reviews.  

I agree saying “I know where you live” could be interpreted to imply violence. But both sides are on record saying there was no threat.  

This was a play by the doctor’s lawyer and the state is complicit. This never should have made it past a judge. The fact that it did shows they’re just rubber stamping these requests. 

Let's face it, he threatened the doctor in a veiled manner. "I know where you live" is a universally known implied threat. Whether it's right he immediately lost his guns without actually any investigation into him being a danger is wrong. But let's not pretend he's totally innocent and wasn't an idiot in making that comment with today's laws in effect.

• Like 1

This was a front page article in Friday's(11/22) edition of the Asbury Park Press.   In the APP article, it also states that "Maggs (the attorney) said he was worried; he had seen posts from Conti's Facebook page that included references to guns."

I assume it was his Facebook page that revealed to the attorney that he was a firearms owner.

I hope there is another thread on this case.  The doctor said he was not threatened.  He said he knew where he lived in reference to bringing the media to the doctors house.  Thankfully firearm's owners in VA have a set.