Rob0115

Gotta Galaxy Note 10+

The hardware is really nice and the screen is spectacular.  However, I think I miss my iPhone.  Android is a bit clunky and harder to navigate for certain things.  I like certain bits like selecting my default browser and apps are kind of the same. However the soff keyboard seems a bit rough when not swiping, messages sucks and the voicemail interface is bad and verizon charges 3 bucks for visual voicemail.  

I'm trying to stick it out but it may not happen if I pass a Verizon store.  I really do like the device though.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

The hardware is really nice and the screen is spectacular.  However, I think I miss my iPhone.  Android is a bit clunky and harder to navigate for certain things.  I like certain bits like selecting my default browser and apps are kind of the same. However the soff keyboard seems a bit rough when not swiping, messages sucks and the voicemail interface is bad and verizon charges 3 bucks for visual voicemail.  

I'm trying to stick it out but it may not happen if I pass a Verizon store.  I really do like the device though.  

The problem in my experience is the "skin" that Samsung uses. My wife has a Note 7 and I hate the Samsung skin. I have a Pixel XL and prefer stock Android to the mess Samsung made.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brucin said:

The problem in my experience is the "skin" that Samsung uses. My wife has a Note 7 and I hate the Samsung skin. I have a Pixel XL and prefer stock Android to the mess Samsung made.

One UI has gotten a lot less intrusive than it used to be.  I setup Nova Launcher Prime.  Even the MSFT one was good.  Still can't get rid of Bixby though. 

12 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

One UI has gotten a lot less intrusive than it used to be.  I setup Nova Launcher Prime.  Even the MSFT one was good.  Still can't get rid of Bixby though. 

Bixby can be turned off, the home screen deleted and the Bixby button deactivated. 

My only complaint is the message app, once I figured out the batty battery optimization tool everything works great.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Rob0115 said:

Thanks @JackDaWack I'll look into that.  I tend to use what's app more now than google messages. 

Just make sure you have your email app, I use gmail, not optimized for battery use. I was getting emails late and it turns out samsung turns apps off if their not being used. 

It's a great feature, but some apps you just need to run all the time to receive data.

On 11/24/2019 at 9:52 PM, brucin said:

You guys never turned the note 7 in since they had 2 recalls. :-( I loved the note 7. Had the original one then had to return it and they gave me a temp S7 which i hated cuz it was smaller. then had the next note 7 but then agan they had me return it cuz samsung discontinued it :-(.  I have the Note 8 now which is awesome when the note 9 came out i didnt see enough change to warrant an upgrade as my note 8 has more storage etc. the note 10+ is my next phone when i can afford it. or maybe the note 11 if it gets closer to august next year lol .