45Doll

Freedom Munitions Out Of Bankruptcy

As a previous FM customer I got this email this morning:

"After a very long Bankruptcy process, HMT Group (Freedom Munitions, Xtreme Bullets) has been purchased by Kash CA Inc. This purchase will allow Freedom Munitions and Xtreme Bullets the ability to re-invigorate the company with funding and new processes that will allow us to make the same great products while still being competitive in this current market. 

Please feel free to check out our new lower pricing on ammunition on Freedom Munitions and soon to be lower component pricing on Xtreme Bullets. 

If you have any questions or want to know more give us a call at 208-746-3668"

There was also a video from the new owner.

I bought a fair amount from them until the brass return price went down to $1.60/lb and the new retail prices of the major vendors dropped considerably. At that point there was no cost advantage to FM, and their service and shipping time left a lot to be desired.

I'll be interested to see what if any adjustments are made.

Their ammo was way under powered too. I and a bunch of other competitors have been DQ'd for failing Chrono at major matches.

For plinking they are maybe worth the savings. When you've paid out for match fees, hotel and gas, not so much.

• Agree 1

Given the current pricing on good named brands (Federal, CCI, etc.) I see no need to even visit FM's web site ever  again.

Like Mr. Stu, I've found their product to be under powered to the extreme, especially in the more recent years.  Sadly I still have some of their stuff here I need to shoot through.

8 hours ago, Sota said:

Given the current pricing on good named brands (Federal, CCI, etc.) I see no need to even visit FM's web site ever  again.

Sadly I still have some of their stuff here I need to shoot through.

Agreed

I used up everything I had after they robbed me.

My wife and I shot a lot of FM ammo in the major handgun calibers without issue. I never chronod them, but they functioned very well and were accurate.

After the Sandy Hook ammo price balloon collapsed and hoarding calmed down I bought mostly factory ammo simply because of the price points. FM did have shipping issues but that wasn't a problem because I maintain enough stock and was never in that much of a rush. And when brass returns were worth $2.10/lb it covered some shipping costs.

I'm will be glad if FM can resurrect itself and become competitive again. I don't trust the large corporate manufacturers to remain free and clear of government influence. Or worse, voluntarily impose restrictions on the excuse of 'social responsibility'. Someday we may have to rely on smaller outfits to regularly supply ammo. (Or of course reload our own.)

Kinda forgot about FM. I had a love/ hate with that stuff, had a bad experience with a 100 rd box of 9 with 4,5 squibs. Spent a lot of time shooting thru that box. However no probs with any other but it soured me on the brand and I think I still have a bunch shoved in the back. Did the brass buyback a few times too but didn't make sense after a while. I will check my stock as I may be doing a big ammo dump(sale) here to lighten my load going to FL. I have serious concerns about the weight vs my Taco's payload lol.

One thing about brass returns. I found out my local scrap metal dealer will take brass casings. It's classified as 'dirty brass'. Last time I did a bucket full it was $1.60/lb, the same as FM's program. But of course with no shipping costs to return it I got the full value.

Not a windfall amount, but it bought another five boxes or so of something.

16 hours ago, Ray Ray said:

They still owe me fucking money, thieves.

The bankruptcy is done and they never got to your spot in line, so I guess they don't. 

Either that or they have some obligation from their restructuring. If it is a significant sum, it might be worth seeing if you can get the court documents and figure out if they are supposed to be making good on existing debts. 

3 hours ago, Sota said:

speaking of which, the $100 rebate available on 8 boxes that Federal is offering, makes for some pretty cheap pricing on good plinking ammo.  any of you who ever wanted $0.02c/rnd .22lr, now's your chance. :D

They have a deal on 9mm too, at $0.12 a round, or $6 a box:

3 hours ago, raz-0 said:

The bankruptcy is done and they never got to your spot in line, so I guess they don't. 

Either that or they have some obligation from their restructuring. If it is a significant sum, it might be worth seeing if you can get the court documents and figure out if they are supposed to be making good on existing debts. 

It's like 40 bucks.  In the long run, it's going to hurt them since they will never see me ordering anything from them again.

FM223F55R 470
FM223F55R 440
FM223F55R 500
FM223F55R 500
FM223F62R 1000
FM357X125R 50
FM357J158N 45
FM38F125R 800
FM38X125R 50
FM38F158R 124
FM38X158R 40
FM45R200R 60
FM45R200R 250
FM45R200R 500
FM45R200R 1000
FM556MT60N 200
FM556MT60N 150

Need to get out to a rifle range and start blasting through their stuff; give me an excuse to buy some of the Federal black box stuff as replacement.