SJG

CCW Safe No Longer Available in N.J.

CCW SAFE which is a contract based as opposed to insurance based form of coverage is no longer writing for the State of N.J.(unless you are active law enforcement) because of Murphy's claim of "murder insurance". Apparently, they are refunding the full years premium to N.J. contract holders with no advanced notice of cancellation of the contract. If you are in this boat, I would suggest that you not cash the refunded premium check before you see if you can secure coverage elsewhere. At this time, I have no clue if there is even any "elsewhere" as I assume that other plans that have not already cancelled may leave the NJ market. It is not likely that a contract based plan can properly cancel before the term expires. I have not checked out if a plan that is insurance based is required to give advanced notice of cancellation. However, neither a contract based plan nor an insurance based plan would be required to renew at the end of the  covered period anyway. You can secure coverage with CCW safe if you have residence outside of N.J. and you would be good to go in 49 States, but not here. Most of the other plans, were, IMO shit, because they do not cover the cost of experts, which can be the most expensive part of any litigation. I have no clue if any person has filed suit against the State of N.J. and/or a contract based or insurance based plan for cancellation. However, unless and until a court hears and decides some of these issues, this is just another problem to deal with. It is also possible that our AG is going after contract or insurance based plans.

57 minutes ago, SJG said:

CCW SAFE which is a contract based as opposed to insurance based form of coverage is no longer writing for the State of N.J.(unless you are active law enforcement) because of Murphy's claim of "murder insurance". Apparently, they are refunding the full years premium to N.J. contract holders with no advanced notice of cancellation of the contract. If you are in this boat, I would suggest that you not cash the refunded premium check before you see if you can secure coverage elsewhere. At this time, I have no clue if there is even any "elsewhere" as I assume that other plans that have not already cancelled may leave the NJ market. It is not likely that a contract based plan can properly cancel before the term expires. I have not checked out if a plan that is insurance based is required to give advanced notice of cancellation. However, neither a contract based plan nor an insurance based plan would be required to renew at the end of the  covered period anyway. You can secure coverage with CCW safe if you have residence outside of N.J. and you would be good to go in 49 States, but not here. Most of the other plans, were, IMO shit, because they do not cover the cost of experts, which can be the most expensive part of any litigation. I have no clue if any person has filed suit against the State of N.J. and/or a contract based or insurance based plan for cancellation. However, unless and until a court hears and decides some of these issues, this is just another problem to deal with. It is also possible that our AG is going after contract or insurance based plans.

So if I have non-resident permits in other states I still can't purchase a CCW SAFE plan.  When I first heard about this, I thought it only pertained to NJ CCW permit holders.  As far as "murder insurance" goes, clearly Murphy doesn't understand the rule of law.

49 minutes ago, dilbert1967 said:

So if I have non-resident permits in other states I still can't purchase a CCW SAFE plan.  When I first heard about this, I thought it only pertained to NJ CCW permit holders.  As far as "murder insurance" goes, clearly Murphy doesn't understand the rule of law.

I don't think your non resident permits will help. It sounds like, if you are a PRNJ resident, they will not cover you due to Murphy's continuous attacks on anything remotely resembling a 2nd Amendment right.

I for one hope he continues to violate our Constitutional rights in more and more ridiculous ways and thus brings more attention on us.  The bigger they are the harder they fall....I look forward to getting my 30 round mags back soon!

CCW account manager advises that they have not yet been served with a complaint by the NJ AG. Apparently, the AG's office is trying to get compliance by threats to sue which is having a chilling effect in the industry.