Malsua

Nearly hit from behind

Last night coming home.  Was on 287 south just before the 23n exit about 5:05pm.

I saw it coming...was waiting for the bang.   Nothing happened.    That said, the dust was scuffed and there is a tiny little scratch.  I'll take a picture when it's light out today.  Instead of an ass ramming, I got it kissed instead.

Man, that was close!  I’m glad you were able to avoid the hit.....and get away with nothing more than a tap and scratch. 

I need to get one of those dash cams. 

I wasn’t so lucky earlier this year. I was on I-95N just outside of Baltimore, when I got rear ended by an 18 wheeler. I saw it coming, was able to move to the side a bit so it was a glancing blow, but it was still a hard hit. Totaled my car, but I walked away with some stiffness, and soreness. 

52 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Man, that was close!  I’m glad you were able to avoid the hit.....and get away with nothing more than a tap and scratch. 

I need to get one of those dash cams. 

I wasn’t so lucky earlier this year. I was on I-95N just outside of Baltimore, when I got rear ended by an 18 wheeler. I saw it coming, was able to move to the side a bit so it was a glancing blow, but it was still a hard hit. Totaled my car, but I walked away with some stiffness, and soreness. 

Ugh, that sucks.   I usually leave as much space in front of me as is reasonable and I was feathering it out as I saw the vehicle coming at me.  I didn't have much left but apparently it was enough.

I hope it taught her a lesson.  I was following too closely in 91, I couldn't see ahead of the vehicle in front of me and it peeled off at the last second and two cars were dead stopped ahead after a crash.  My 91 probe nose dived under the wheels of an 80s malibu.  The left rear tire of the Malibu road up the hood and was at the windshield.

Every since then, I leave distance.  It was a good lesson.

3 hours ago, SJG said:

What's a good dash cam at a good price to buy for front and back. Very confusing

Blackvue DR900S-2ch   You can buy it on Ebay from a couple high volume sellers that have make offer.  It'll run you $375.00