Zeus2112

Gun safe help

14 minutes ago, Sniper said:

That wasn't advice, it was a question.

Damn. You got me. 

My position must be invalid since I quoted the wrong post of yours. I quoted to post that reiterated the silly notion instead of the original post with the bad advice.

I edited my response above to reflect your original post with garbage advice. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I’m sure none of the people reading this thread had any idea what I was referring to.

Seriously, you are doing God’s work here. You should be commended.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, High Exposure said:

Mold your children into responsible young Americans

That is the starting point, and it starts when they start walking. Teaching them to be honest and responsible, EARLY in life, is the first point of business.

Yes, kids will be inquisitive, and might search around. That's why it's important in the beginning to teach them that bad choices have bad consequences.

Having to build Fort Knox in your house, because junior can't be trusted, and ignores what you tell him and ignores the rules, well, there's bigger issues there than the guns... In that case, maybe the guns shouldn't even be in the house. So yes, everything STARTS with education and respect, across the spectrum.

None of that would be possible, if guns were a dirty secret in our home.

Your situation is a bit different than most here, since it's part of your daily profession, so it has to be handled appropriately. There are different situations in different houses that need to be handled accordingly. Hell, some of the wives don't want guns in the house.

Since when has secrecy and exclusion within a household ever worked out better than education, wisom, and experience?

Ha.. there are some guys here that could probably write you a short novel on that topic.

check this out. nice for the money. the lock has to be replaced call find out what that would cost low ball them on safe or they may be able to help with setting new combo.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/421588798729319/

Tons of good info from @High Exposure, teach them young about gun safety,  how to respect the dangers and more importantly how to be responsible human beings.  That alone puts them ahead of most kids.

When I got back into the hobby years ago, I also thought about buying a piece of concealed furniture.  Heck, one of the popular makers of concealed furniture lives in my town and his kids are friends with my daughter.   Then I saw how easily they can be “defeated” by kids once they know what it is.   Remember, unless you’re super secret about getting the firearm out, kids will eventually see you take them out of the concealed furniture piece making them useless.

You stated, that you already have your firearms locked with a trigger lock,  in a locked case, and no ammo in the house so you’re meeting your wife’s conditions.   As many have said, go out and buy a combination lock mini safe, not digital, and you should be set.   As your collection grows, and it will grow, look into purchasing a larger dedicated safe. 

9 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

Tons of good info from @High Exposure, teach them young about gun safety,  how to respect the dangers and more importantly how to be responsible human beings.  That alone puts them ahead of most kids.

When I got back into the hobby years ago, I also thought about buying a piece of concealed furniture.  Heck, one of the popular makers of concealed furniture lives in my town and his kids are friends with my daughter.   Then I saw how easily they can be “defeated” by kids once they know what it is.   Remember, unless you’re super secret about getting the firearm out, kids will eventually see you take them out of the concealed furniture piece making them useless.

You stated, that you already have your firearms locked with a trigger lock,  in a locked case, and no ammo in the house so you’re meeting your wife’s conditions.   As many have said, go out and buy a combination lock mini safe, not digital, and you should be set.   As your collection grows, and it will grow, look into purchasing a larger dedicated safe. 

This is great. Thanks!