Bklynracer

Bronx man, battling own legal woes, brings gun rights case to U.S. Supreme Court

23 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Just saw this. Am I correct in that this is the case that is NY right now, if I read it right it is going to be delayed.

if I'm right , this sucks.

https://news.yahoo.com/bronx-man-battling-own-legal-110503713.html

Shouldn’t it be Moot? Lol

22 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

Just saw this. Am I correct in that this is the case that is NY right now, if I read it right it is going to be delayed.

if I'm right , this sucks.

https://news.yahoo.com/bronx-man-battling-own-legal-110503713.html

So the lawsuit was filed in 2013. Two weeks before it was appealed to SCOTUS in 2018 one of the plaintiffs was arrested on a misdemeanor. 

I don’t know why that arrest would impact the scotus case. Or if it would, why it’s impact wouldn’t have been felt immediately when they appealed to the high court. 

I also don’t see anything about a delay on oral arguments. What did you read that implies that?

17 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

So the lawsuit was filed in 2013. Two weeks before it was appealed to SCOTUS in 2018 one of the plaintiffs was arrested on a misdemeanor. 

I don’t know why that arrest would impact the scotus case. Or if it would, why it’s impact wouldn’t have been felt immediately when they appealed to the high court. 

I also don’t see anything about a delay on oral arguments. What did you read that implies that?

Saw this line as I was running out, maybe I should have read throughly.

"As a result, Alvarez said, the very handgun license whose transport restrictions he is challenging has been suspended for the second time this decade."

7 hours ago, voyager9 said:

His arrest will have no impact on the SCOTUS case.