Mrs. Peel

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

I hope your gratitude, goodwill, beverages and food are overflowing... and that you're able to step deftly around the landmines of angry political disagreements, old family grudges, etc., to keep the day peaceful. ;) 

Now... to the food!... In my family, since I took over T-Day dinner from aging parents some years back, I always made a big festive meal for the 4 of us (a turkey or a ham or baked ziti, etc. - always with lots of nice sides). I continued when it was the 3 of us... now that my brother and I are "2 for dinner", Im taking a break (with bro's encouragement) and I picked up a bunch of prepared items from Wegman's (yeah, I know... I'm a BIG T-DAY CHEATER, lol). But, I will be making my uber-yummy roasted brussels sprouts (although honestly, that's not much work either - what a slacker I am! :facepalm:) Knowing myself as I do, I'll probably be back to something a bit more complicated NEXT Thanksgiving. But, for now, hey... this works

What about the rest of you? Turkey? Ham? Lasagna? All of the above? Big gathering? Small? Staying home? Going away? Whatever it is, I hope it's delightful.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

Just dinner for two, so all politics (if it comes up) will be in the same lane. 

That dinner will be my wife's lamb chops a l'orange, and a very good bottle of wine will be involved. I'm the sommelier.

When we woke up this morning we immediately declared ourselves thankful for still being alive, able to stand and shoot, and still in love. And not blindly.

May all of you feel your own versions of that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zeke said:

I’ve got chicken breast @JT Custom Guns

In a dillo dust rub since last night. Gonna wrap in bacon and grill this afternoon.

if you don’t know what larue dillo dust is, you’re probably a comie 

Ain't no small Chicken Breast here...................

Thanksgiving - Let us give Thanks.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Going to Daughter in-laws' Grandmother's house in Kinnelon.  A tradition since since the kids were dating in college.  Tonight is the 5th Anniversary of the Engagement Proposal (they're married 3 years this last October) that took place at Grandma's T-Day Dinner.  Granny is 80+ , has a 3-4 BR bi-level complete w/ wood-burnin' fireplace (which she still uses) and accepts kitchen help as long as things ARE DONE HER WAY & SHE'S IN TOTAL CONTROL :)   My NRA Life Member & Muzzleloading Expert Son, now 30, carves the gloriously-basted Bird.  Been his "job" for years now.  3 years ago Granny nosed-around once too often as he was carvin' the Bird, so he defensively claimed, "I'M WORKIN' HERE"! 

Probably just a lil' nervous since he was gonna "pop the question" at dessert!  All was forgiven when the "the rock" came out of hiding :)   So every Thanksgiving we all gather'-round the kitchen (where the apps are served) and exclaim, "I'M WORKIN' HERE!"

I was a professional Photog & did weddings & portraits (now retired & doing private teaching, when asked).  Theirs was the last Engagement Session I did.  Here's a pic of their session done at the Horse Farm she rides at & a pic of an Easter ham he cooked at our place.  I sent him to "summer cooking school" for 2 consecutive summers when I had my studio (years ago), as the 4-Star upscale restaurant gave classes, which I bartered for commercial photography for the owners' website.

Besides the Bird, stuffing, my wife's famous string bean casserole (she makes it every year---it's automatic at this point), mashing taters, yams, and home made gravy & rolls, there's too many desserts to mention!  Diabetic Coma for us all!  Adult beverages & of course fresh ground coffee!

May you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving & remember both commercial ranges & private gun clubs are OPEN TOMORROW!  In fact Old Bridge's Shotgun League is doing a 50 bird Sporting Clays for $20 American (and the PUBLIC IS INVITED!), SO GET YOUR FAMILY & GUESTS OUT TO SHOOT!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

Rosey

P.S.:  Thanks @Mrs. Peel for this wonderful thread! :) 

Image may contain: 2 people

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Happy Turkey to all. Kind of mixed emotions around here being the last one here after having 34 of them all in this home. Just me , wife and son tho we were invited to others my wife and I decided to have one for the road here. Ironically my daughter down n FL is hosting with my wife's family down there although we are practically there too virtually as she is calling my wife every hr for tips and advice lol.

I forgot to say the daughter and boyfriend will be here Saturday for the traditional turkey.

Now here's a shocker: my wife just asked my opinion on the napkin/plate combination to set the table, and took it!

Now that's Domestic Engineering in action!

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

I forgot to say the daughter and boyfriend will be here Saturday for the traditional turkey.

Now here's a shocker: my wife just asked my opinion on the napkin/plate combination to set the table, and took it!

Dude! You set the table! Be a helper 

1 minute ago, High Exposure said:

“No man is an Island” - John Donne, Meditation XVII, 1624

”A man has to know is limitations” - Harry Callahan, Magnum Force, 1973

No. It was another. Pacific war. Aviation.

wayne was in charge, his under was loosing it

Working.........had thanksgiving last week with about 30 of my neighbors. It's a neighborhood tradition and we had allot of fun. A short 3 mile hike in the morning followed by hot soup for lunch(it was 17°) then on to tapping  the kegs and building a bonfire. Then 4 15lb fried turkeys with all the fixings for dinner and a live band with dessert and on into the night till the beer ran out. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 45Doll said:

Nah.  That just means you picked the one she was thinking of.

• Agree 2