Just as a quick reminder, if you shop on Amazon, they will make a donation to your favorite charity.

It does not cost you a penny more when you shop.

The charity that I use is:

The ANJRPC Foundation
Mission: To Exercise All Rights And Powers Conferred By The Laws Of New Jersey Upon Nonprofit Corporations, Including But Without Limitation Thereon To Solicit And Receive Gifts, Devises, Bequests, Donations And Contributions In Any Form, And To Apply, Invest, And Reinvest The Principal And/Or Income Therefore And Distribute The Same To Accomplish The Purposes Of The Corporation; To Educate The Public About The Constitution Of The United States Of America,The Bill Of Rights, The Second Amendment, The…
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I ALWAYS select ANJRPC as the smile charity on Amazon 

1) it’s a worthy cause

2) it forces antigun Amazon to send money to a gun rights organization

Win-Win

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

CNJFO here as well

just remember if you shop with the app - you can fill your cart as usual but you HAVE to check out with a browser at smile.amazon.com or the smile BS won’t happen

EDIT: it works in the app now but you have to set your preferences 

I'm bumping this thread because I received a quarterly email from the Amazon Smile program, noting that ANJRPC received $800 this quarter, and a little over $6000 since they registered as an Amazon Smile charity.   Very little of that came from me, I don't use Amazon all that often, but I helped a little...

There are other pro-gun organizations registered with Amazon Smile as well.  Pick one you like.  Use it whenever you buy from Amazon.  It costs you nothing.

Amazon isn't particularly gun friendly, so this is an easy and fun way to make Bezos throw a little money towards 2nd amendment causes!

• Agree 1

Another bump.  I just received my quarterly notification that Amazon donated $1122 to the ANJRPC foundation.   So again I got to smile at the thought of anti-gun Bezos donating a bit of money to a pro-2A cause, even if only a whopping $3 of it came from my purchases over the time period.

Seriously, if you buy anything on Amazon, ALWAYS use the smile.amazon.com link.   Pick a charity of your choice--there are a lot there, I just happen to favor the Association of NJ Rifle and Pistol Clubs.   Amazon Smile connects to your regular amazon account, shipping and CC info is right there, and prices are exactly the same as on the regular Amazon site...but a small percentage of your purchase gets donated to the charity you select.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 10X said:

Another bump.  I just received my quarterly notification that Amazon donated $1122 to the ANJRPC foundation.   So again I got to smile at the thought of anti-gun Bezos donating a bit of money to a pro-2A cause, even if only a whopping $3 of it came from my purchases over the time period.

Seriously, if you buy anything on Amazon, ALWAYS use the smile.amazon.com link.   Pick a charity of your choice--there are a lot there, I just happen to favor the Association of NJ Rifle and Pistol Clubs.   Amazon Smile connects to your regular amazon account, shipping and CC info is right there, and prices are exactly the same as on the regular Amazon site...but a small percentage of your purchase gets donated to the charity you select.

I do the same small way of helping a good cause.

• Like 1

Bumping this as another reminder. Also, talk to other people about it. 

I was at LGS yesterday. Bought two guns, they offer cash discount on new, so I paid cash for that. No discount on used, so credit card for that one so I can get the card points. I like the credit card giving me points for guns. Used my Prime card. I asked him if he knew about Amazon Smile. He did not. He wrote it down to give to his wife, since she does all of the Amazon shopping. If he's there when I go back to pick up, I'll check with him to see if he did. 

2 hours ago, Bklynracer said:

They probably figured out many were donating to pro 2A organizations and we can't have that now can we.

• Agree 1

That’s kinda what they said in the email sent to Smile participants.  They had far too many charities enrolled, diluting the effectiveness. So they will focus their donations in a few areas of their choosing: affordable housing, tech training support (kinda self-serving) and disaster relief 

Essentially, they didn’t like their customers making their own choices as to where the donations went. 

• Agree 1