Pizza Bob

Consecutively Serial Numbered S&W 629-1's

I posted about these when I first won the auction. With the use of a Multiple Purchase Exemption I was able to pick them both up on Tuesday.

Here is the back story – earlier this year I acquired a Sports South Heritage Model 25-10. It came to me in this presentation case…

Iditarod-B.jpg

Knowing that the case did not match the gun I did some research and found that this was a presentation case for a 1988 Iditarod Commemorative Model 629-1. These were commissioned by the Alaska Continental Bank and were given as premiums to those bank customers that purchased a $10K CD. The bank contracted with S&W for a run of 1000 and both the presentation case and the barrel are so marked…

Iditarod-E.jpg

However, the bank went under before the whole contract was fulfilled and only 545 were made. These all carried the special serial prefix AKI (Alaska Iditarod) and numbered 0001 thru 0545.

Now having the presentation case, but no gun, it became routine for me, when perusing the various sites that I use to populate my collection, to include a search for “Iditarod”. Recently this returned a result of a consecutively numbered pair, on which I bid and which I won…

Iditarod-G.jpg

These number in the 0150 range.

Here’s some additional pictures.

Iditarod-rollmarks.jpg

Iditarod-A.jpg

Iditarod-H.jpg

Enjoy.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 9:53 AM, Pizza Bob said:

Yes, three presentation cases and two guns.

You need to sell all 5 items to people in different states.  Take the list and bury it in a capsule. This way your great great grandchildren can enjoy the hunt of re-acquiring the set again. Your legacy will live on!

That, or one of your heirs will just garage sale the pile to buy a new cappuccino machine. 

4 hours ago, SW9racer said:

You need to sell all 5 items to people in different states.  Take the list and bury it in a capsule. This way your great great grandchildren can enjoy the hunt of re-acquiring the set again. Your legacy will live on!

That, or one of your heirs will just garage sale the pile to buy a new cappuccino machine. 

I agree and one of them should get sent up north. Like maybe New Hampshire and as luck would have it I live in New Hampshire..........

• Haha 2