rich56

looking for turkey shoots around Ocean County

4 hours ago, rich56 said:

I'm newly retired and living in Toms River. looking for Turkey shoots in Toms river,  Barnegat,  Jackson area. They are usually at VFWs , American Legeons,  volenteer firehouses. 

Congrats on your retirement - it has been 10 years for me. Not many responses to your query. Ever consider participating in any of the current gun games to fill your time and satisfy your shooting needs? CJRPC has USPSA and various steel matches. Somerset has IDPA. Just a thought.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

9 hours ago, rich56 said:

I'm newly retired and living in Toms River. looking for Turkey shoots in Toms river,  Barnegat,  Jackson area. They are usually at VFWs , American Legeons,  volenteer firehouses. 

A live Turkey Shoot where just the heads of the fowl are exposed to gunfire?  Or a paper Turkey Shoot where you pay $2 per square on a sheet of office paper w/ 36 squares on it, with each square having an "X" thru it and the closest pellet to the center (out of the 36 "X"'s) of each sheet shot with birdshot is the winner?

I've run dozens of paper Turkey Shoots in my lifetime, mostly for our local Boy Scout Troop.

Rosey

7 hours ago, Smokin .50 said:

A live Turkey Shoot where just the heads of the fowl are exposed to gunfire?  

Never seen one of those. I’d expect a lot of pushback in NJ.  I’ve seen a bunch where the target is a life size turkey head molded from plaster.   Bust the head (50 yds for pistol) and win a frozen turkey.  The Pardini free pistol worked really well for that 

• Like 1