Mrs. Peel

Emergency water containers for freezing temps...

6 hours ago, Sniper said:

The CDC might disagree...

....." While useful for many things, rainwater is not as pure as you might think, so you can’t assume it’s safe to drink. Rain can wash different types of contaminants into the water you collect (for example, bird poop on your roof could end up in your water barrel or tank). Rainwater can carry bacteria, parasites, viruses, and chemicals that could make you sick, and it has been linked to disease outbreaks 3-4.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/rainwater-collection.html

Says the man who usually places so much trust in the government.

The link to the CDC uses a lot of "may" and "might".  I agree with may and might.  However, at least hundreds of millions of people have been collecting and living off properly collected and stored rainwater for thousands of years.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, GRIZ said:

Says the man who usually places so much trust in the government.

The link to the CDC uses a lot of "may" and "might".  I agree with may and might. 

I put little trust in the government, but I would definitely put more trust in the medical professionals that work at the CDC than a guy who lives in the boonies of NH.

9 hours ago, GRIZ said:

However, at least hundreds of millions of people have been collecting and living off properly collected and stored rainwater for thousands of years.

Did you read the article link?? Didn't think so....

23 minutes ago, Sniper said:

I put little trust in the government, but I would definitely put more trust in the medical professionals that work at the CDC than a guy who lives in the boonies of NH.

The same people who are trying to label gun violence as a health epidemic? And get their hand in regulations to bypass legislative measures? Those doctors?

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, Sniper said:

Yes, I read the article.  It mentions, "Some cisterns, which are common in certain areas,  can provide safe drinking water".  You bolded "properly collected and stored".  That's what I said.

Reading comprehension?

So what's your issue?

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

The same people who are trying to label gun violence as a health epidemic? And get their hand in regulations to bypass legislative measures? Those doctors?

Maybe @Sniper will quote Pelosi or AOC when they say some snippet supporting his overly blanket statement.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

supporting his overly blanket statement.

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

So what's your issue?

My issue? The overly blanket statement by some here that collected rainwater is safe to drink that comes off their roofs. It can only be safe to drink if it's

1 hour ago, GRIZ said:

"properly collected and stored"

Is that a difficult concept for you?

21 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Who said that?

@JackDaWack I'm pretty sure I'm the one who said "properly collected and stored".  I never said run off from roof was okay.  

Apparently @Sniper has a reading comprehension issue and inability to understand the concept I stated.

Maybe I should type slower for him?

50 minutes ago, Sniper said:

Is it too difficult to scroll back in the thread?

It's not, and I did before asking. 

I asked because..... I couldn't find a statement you were referring to.. no one suggested drinking water from roof run off. 

Rain water IS potable... 

Tap water is potable too, I wouldn't suggest drinking out of the toilet tho.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, carl_g said:

Troll :rofl:

It’s bad , I get texts from people saying they don’t even realize they are arguing with him because everyone has him on ignore.

@Mrs. Peel people aren’t squabbling, apparently sniper troll is arguing with everyone. Kinda par for his coarse

• Informative 1

9 hours ago, Sniper said:

Don't call zeke a troll. He has issues, you should feel sorry for him.

I wasn’t calling anyone names and Zeke is not the guy I feel sorry for. You should be the one seeking pity. Apparently very few like you or your toxicity on this forum.

• Agree 3

Well, I opened this thread with good intentions... and 90 percent of the replies were, in fact, very informative - so thank you all for that.

However, now that's it's descended into ridiculous toddler-like squabbling... it's no longer serving any useful purpose, is it? So, I'm just gonna lock it down! Disappointing... I must say. :( 

• Agree 3