DirtyDigz

NJ Prosecutor dragging feet on returning firearms

Providing an update.

After filing the motion and brief, last Friday my lawyer's office recieved a letter from the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office BACKDATED to November 13, 2019 (day 44 of the statutory 45 day period) that they were not objecting to the return of my weapons. I would like to thank the MCPO for not informing me or my lawyer of this back in November, wasting both our time and my money in drafting unnecessary legal documents to ensure their compliance with New Jersey statutes.

I am going tomorrow to retrieve the rest of my property from Monmouth County Sheriff's Office. I thank everyone who has donated.

Dave

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Drcline said:

Providing an update.

After filing the motion and brief, last Friday my lawyer's office recieved a letter from the Mercer County Prosecutor's Office BACKDATED to November 13, 2019 (day 44 of the statutory 45 day period) that they were not objecting to the return of my weapons. I would like to thank the MCPO for not informing me or my lawyer of this back in November, wasting both our time and my money in drafting unnecessary legal documents to ensure their compliance with New Jersey statutes.

I am going tomorrow to retrieve the rest of my property from Monmouth County Sheriff's Office. I thank everyone who has donated.

Dave

Congrats Dave,  hope you get your gear back in good shape.

Very sleazy that they backdated a letter.

20 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Very sleazy that they backdated a letter.

This is a political subdivision of the State of New Jersey, on the subject of firearms, we're talking about.

How would any reasonable person expect anything different??????

Just got my property back from Monmouth Couty Sheriff's. All items are accounted for and free from damage. 

Each LEO that I talked to was very sympathetic to my situation and felt sorry for the position that I was put in by the MCPO. To quote one of them "Just because we enforce the law doesn't mean that we agree with it". Good to know that the Anti-2A stance of the Prosecutors' is not shared at the local level, as least in the people I spoke with.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, Drcline said:

To quote one of them "Just because we enforce the law doesn't mean that we agree with it". 

Something to think about, with all this talk of confiscation.

At Cheyenne's today I signed up with U.S. Law Shield. I would encourage everyone to do so. They said if I had signed up before my weapons were taken, they would have covered my fees 100% instead of me having to pay $1,600. For the longest time I resisted because I thought that I do not need it as I do not CC in NJ or other states. This ordeal has been an eye opener for me. In NJ, any person who is permitted by law to file a ERPO or DV can do so and it will be accepted by the judge, no matter how flimsy the case. Protect yourself and be careful out there!

• Agree 1