Paltik

Glock 44

I was surprised at first that it's only 10 round capacity, even for the free states, but I guess that's due to difficulties in getting a double stack mag to work with rimmed cartridges.

5 hours ago, 10X said:

I was surprised at first that it's only 10 round capacity, even for the free states, but I guess that's due to difficulties in getting a double stack mag to work with rimmed cartridges.

Maybe. Kel-Tec does fine with 20 and 33 rounders.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PK90 said:

Maybe. Kel-Tec does fine with 20 and 33 rounders.

I was trying to come up with a counter example...wasn't aware of the Kel-Tec...

To me it depends on price and the kind of ammo it will cycle.

If it's not too expensive and isn't too ammo sensitive then I'd be in.  Be a good way for my kids to get used to the feel of a Glock without the snap of the standard recoil.

12 minutes ago, 124gr9mm said:

To me it depends on price and the kind of ammo it will cycle.

If it's not too expensive and isn't too ammo sensitive then I'd be in.  Be a good way for my kids to get used to the feel of a Glock without the snap of the standard recoil.

Advantage Arms makes 22lr conversations (complete uppers) for the Glock 17,19,&26 in gen 3&4 for the longest time. Perfectly reliable as a 22 can be. 

12 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

Advantage Arms makes 22lr conversations (complete uppers) for the Glock 17,19,&26 in gen 3&4 for the longest time. Perfectly reliable as a 22 can be. 

Yes, I'm aware of the AA conversion kits.

Doesn't change my reply.

Was leaning towards a S&W compact recently but I might just end up getting this... looked @ a few conversion kits they're running close to the $300 side with no frame and only one magazine..where this is a whole firearm w/ a few mags and a reputable company...reports say its going to be priced around the $399 range. 

Really?  This is the best they can do?  For a company that makes some of the most reliable firearms in the industry they really are afraid to branch out.  Will it sell?  Yup.

I compare Glock to iPhones.  Are they the best phones on the market?  Nope.  They are average at everything, but they work.

And just like Glock fanboys and iphone millennials, they are loyal to the brand. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, CapGuns&SnapsKid said:

Was leaning towards a S&W compact recently but I might just end up getting this... looked @ a few conversion kits they're running close to the $300 side with no frame and only one magazine..where this is a whole firearm w/ a few mags and a reputable company...reports say its going to be priced around the $399 range. 

I have smith Wesson 2213 best 22 I have owned.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&id=32A4740CB1D8B678B8004330C55B554F9644B767&thid=OIP.3g_EcXiyRXy7CIMtQoXlyAHaFj&mediaurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn2.armslist.com%2Fsites%2Farmslist%2Fuploads%2Fposts%2F2012%2F07%2F01%2F453960_02_s_w_smith_wesson_2213_compact__640.jpg&exph=480&expw=640&q=s%26w+2213+pistol&selectedindex=0&ajaxhist=0&vt=0&eim=0,1,2,3,4,6,8,10

just came across this old thread,   I just got a 44 to practice for my 43x carry gun  for lower cost ammo and get accustomed to the mushy glock trigger     Im not a plastic gun guy by any means and these are my first 2 but I don't wan to carry a family heirloom and in the event it was utilized in NJ loose it to some liberal court.   sure it would be cool to carry a 2" engraved blued python but sure wouldn't want to loose it. therefore I went Glock.  

I just shot the 44 for the first time and I have to say it shot everything I had with  me, about 6 brands,  I didnt make any scientific studies to determine what was better but I was surprised how reliable it was.  only 1 brand of aguila ammo that I had for the last 20 years had a FTF and it might have been in the mag crooked.  it cycled everything from standard vel to aquila super maximum.   next time i go i will take notes but compared to my s&w 41/ sig 229 with .22 conversion and 617 I think it did the best and good practice to learn that glock trigger.   its also extremely lightweight,  when we win the mag ban case there is a mfg that makes 15 rd I think,  it will make a great back up being so light.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, revenger said:

just came across this old thread,   I just got a 44 to practice for my 43x carry gun  for lower cost ammo and get accustomed to the mushy glock trigger     Im not a plastic gun guy by any means and these are my first 2 but I don't wan to carry a family heirloom and in the event it was utilized in NJ loose it to some liberal court.   sure it would be cool to carry a 2" engraved blued python but sure wouldn't want to loose it. therefore I went Glock.  

I just shot the 44 for the first time and I have to say it shot everything I had with  me, about 6 brands,  I didnt make any scientific studies to determine what was better but I was surprised how reliable it was.  only 1 brand of aguila ammo that I had for the last 20 years had a FTF and it might have been in the mag crooked.  it cycled everything from standard vel to aquila super maximum.   next time i go i will take notes but compared to my s&w 41/ sig 229 with .22 conversion and 617 I think it did the best and good practice to learn that glock trigger.   its also extremely lightweight,  when we win the mag ban case there is a mfg that makes 15 rd I think,  it will make a great back up being so light.  

I like mine a lot. Bought it for the same reasons as you, and find it makes a great, low cost trainer. 

I shot it suppressed a few times, and found it’s a little ammo finicky. It did not like CCI Standard velocity with the suppressor in place, had several failures to eject. 
It has been flawless without the suppressor.m, no matter what .22 ammo I have used. Even the Remington bulk crap cycled just fine. 

• Like 1