DirtyDigz

Here we go! - West Milford NJ declares itself a 2A sanctuary

7 hours ago, 124gr9mm said:

Or you're just being "that guy" (your posting history can help determine that).

Nobody said it was a watershed moment that was going to lead to the overturning of the nonsensical NJ stranglehold on the 2nd Amendment.

It is what it is...a start.

I hope I'm wrong. I want to be wrong.  First round of expensive booze is on me if I'm totally fucking wrong.

But i'm pretty sure, i'm not wrong.

• Like 1

I hope this spreads.  It's time this state figures out that they can only govern us so long as we allow them to govern us.

And I hope it helps the cases before SCOTUS.  The state will have that much harder of a time arguing in favor of their laws when their own municipalities are refusing to abide by and enforce them.

I wrote my Mayor and my NJ Reps regarding the 2a Sanctuary zone

Here's the response I received for my State reps:

Senator Christopher J. Connors

Assemblyman Brian E. Rumpf

Assemblywoman DiAnne C. Gove

Phone: (609) 693-6700 / (732) 240-0266

Email: [email protected]

December 11, 2019

Mr. DowntownV 

RE: Second Amendment Rights  (js)

Dear Mr. DowntownV:

This is in response to your December 10, 2019 e-mail to our 9th District Legislative Office which contained the following link.(this was the West Milford Mayoral Letter)  Thank you for your outreach.

As you are aware from our previous communications, our Delegation has a longstanding record of protecting Second Amendments which are cherished by a large segment of our constituency.  This is a principled stance that we remain committed to in effectively representing the people of the 9th Legislative District.  

Again, thank you for your outreach and for the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.  

CJC/BER/DCG/js:km

And Now for todays Math Lesson....

Lil Timmy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

I wrote to Conners, Rumpf and Gove (Big 2a mouth pieces)

And told them to put up or shut up, ever so politely

I also wrote to my Mayor, who ran as a Pro-Trump Republican.

If more people did this we actually may get a few notches on our belts.

Remember, you already LOST your freedoms, time to fight to get them back!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Downtownv said:

I wrote to Conners, Rumpf and Gove (Big 2a mouth pieces)

And told them to put up or shut up, ever so politely

I also wrote to my Mayor, who ran as a Pro-Trump Republican.

If more people did this we actually may get a few notches on our belts.

Remember, you already LOST your freedoms, time to fight to get them back!

Vernon town council member is interested in bringing it up for consideration....  

Here's the Blue print:

Copy paste and add your NAME ADDRESS AND Phone#

Hi XXXXX,

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/14/new-jersey-town-sanctuary-gun-rights/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=todays_hottest_stories&utm_campaign=20191214

Please see the trend that’s popping up in NJ. I urge you to join this. Your assembly  and state senator  and all of your freeholders need to do the same and I wrote to them as well!

We are Behind You!
DO THIS!
Be Bold!
Stand up for our rights!
Thank you for your consideration.

Name

address

Phone

PS Virginia is standing up against it’s tyrannical state government as well:

I think right now the best thing second amendment supporters in the Old Dominion can do is use this horrific loss to get motivated and organized at the local level. This is a good start.

ADF4-B79-F-69-B6-486-C-BBB0-5293-F5901-B60.png 

Increasing number of Virginia counties declare themselves 'Second Amendment sanctuaries'

GILES COUNTY, Va. (WHSV) — More counties in Virginia have taken the step of declaring themselves 'Second Amendment sanctuaries' as Virginia Democrats, with a newly obtained legislative majority, propose new gun control legislation.

On Thursday night, the Giles County Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to become a 'Second Amendment sanctuary,' with over 100 people in attendance at their meeting.

Nearly simultaneously, Dinwiddie County, in a completely different part of Virginia, did the same thing on a unanimous vote as well, with one board member abstaining.

“We have rights to bear arms. Point blank. And our county, we have a lot of hunters, lots of sportsmen that like to sport shoot,” Dinwiddie Supervisor William Chavis said.

The movement of counties declaring themselves 'Second Amendment sanctuaries' – taking their own spin on 'sanctuary cities,' which vowed not to work with ICE to deport undocumented immigrants – began shortly after the election earlier this month in which Democrats won full control of the General Assembly for the first time in decades.

Following that election, many in counties that voted conservative believe that their constitutional rights are threatened.

Very few bills have been filed yet for Virginia's 2020 session, with the pre-filing session having just begun, but one gun control bill has already been proposed by a Democrat: establishing universal background checks.

To counter possible gun control laws, the concept of becoming a 'Second Amendment sanctuary' means that a county expresses its intent that its public funds not be used to restrict Second Amendment rights.

The resolutions aren't legally binding, but put forth a public stance on behalf of counties.

“I’m really glad that somebody in Virginia is stepping up,” said resident Gene Brown at the Dinwiddie County board meeting.

Chairman Davis, with Dinwiddie County, said the resolution doesn't mean they'll ignore state law though.

“We’re not saying ‘No, we’re not going to stand by the law’ or ‘This county isn’t going to stand by the law.' Wrong. Absolutely wrong. We stand firm on the second amendment, we believe we have the right to bear arms.”

So far, counties that have adopted the measure include Pittsylvania County, Campbell County, Appomattox County, Charlotte County, Carroll County, Giles County, and Dinwiddie County.

Democrat leaders say the concept is unnecessary.

"If you look at what we're doing, I don't think it infringes on anybody's Second Amendment rights," said State Senator John Edwards (D-Roanoke).

Edwards said if people want to challenge legislation passed by the General Assembly, the remedy is to go to court.

"I think people are being paranoid and it's totally unnecessary," Edwards told WDBJ7.

Delegate Chris Head (R-Botetourt) has a different view.

"I think this may be a case in which it is justifiable to be concerned, and so that's not paranoia, that's concern," Head said Wednesday afternoon. "The United States Constitution is incredibly clear and unambiguous when it says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. Period. And I think what you're seeing is localities simply wanting to make sure the rest of my colleagues in Richmond understand."

So far, no counties in the Shenandoah Valley have officially declared themselves 'Second Amendment sanctuaries' yet, but a number plan to consider it soon.

Augusta County officials told WHSV they are doing research and will likely discuss the idea at an upcoming meeting.

"I'm 100 percent for it," said Jim Wood, store manager of Nuckols Gun Works and firearms instructor for Augusta County. "Our Second Amendment was written to protect us against exactly what is happening right now."

Also completely supporting the move is Sheriff Donald Smith, who posted on Facebook on Nov. 22, saying "I feel that the Board of Supervisors should APPROVE a resolution in favor of affirming the 2nd Amendment which protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms."

The Augusta County Board of Supervisors meeting on Tuesday, November 26, is expected to be packed with proponents and opponents of the measure.

In Rockingham County, county administrators confirmed to WHSV that the topic of becoming a 'Second Amendment sanctuary' is on the agenda for their meeting coming up on Dec. 11 at 6 p.m.

Link to article 

Can The 2A Sanctuary Movement Grow In The Garden State?

Posted at 3:00 pm on December 16, 2019 by Cam Edwards

New Jersey may not be the first place you think of when you hear “Second Amendment Sanctuary”, but the state does now have at least one community that’s adopted a resolution in support of the right to keep and bear arms. West Milford is in the northwest part of the state, not far from where Scott Bach, the executive director of the Association of New Jersey Rifle & Pistol Clubs, is from, and he joins me on today’s Bearing Arms’ Cam & Co. to talk about West Milford’s vote, as well as the push to declare a couple of counties in the state Second Amendment sanctuaries as well.

As the New Jersey Herald reports, state Assemblyman Parker Space has asked freeholders (known as county supervisors or commissioners in most states)  in Sussex and Warren counties to show their support for the Second Amendment by passing resolutions of their own.

Space’s Assembly district includes all of Sussex County and the northern portion of Warren County as well as Mount Olive township in Morris County.

He said the idea of the resolution came while he was in Florida recently where he has property in Valusia County. Adjacent Lake County has passed a resolution declaring itself a Second Amendment Sanctuary, he said, and he has learned that a few counties in Virginia had also taken action.

“When I got back, I found out West Milford has done the same thing,” he said Friday. The action taken by the township, which is in Passaic County but is adjacent to Sussex County came at a meeting of the township council on Dec. 4.

It’s more than a few counties in Virginia. Right now we have at least 76 counties that have passed resolutions, with more expected to approve the measures this week. It would be huge for any county in New Jersey to declare their intent to preserve the Second Amendment within their borders, even if the measure is largely symbolic. Right now it looks like there’s at least some interest on the part of officials in Sussex County.

Joshua Hertzberg, a Sussex County freeholder, said he has not had a chance to read through the resolution.

In an e-mailed statement he wrote: “As someone who fully supports and defends the Second Amendment to our Constitution, I of course, support the concept of protecting our Sussex County residents’ constitutional rights. As a board, we haven’t had time to review or discuss any type of action, but look forward to those discussions soon.”

Freeholder Director Herb Yardley responded in an e-mail: “As Freeholder Director I have not had a chance to review this since I just received it today. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and the constitutional rights of the citizens of Sussex County. I look forward to discussing this at one of our future meetings for public discussion.”

Freeholder Deputy Director Sylvia Petillo did not return a telephone call seeking comment.

Make sure you check out the entire interview with Scott Bach above, which also features a little bit about Governor Phil Murphy’s attempt to blame the attack in New Jersey on a lack of federal gun laws, and Scott’s thoughts on what the Supreme Court might be up to with the New York City gun case it’s currently considering.

Also on today’s show we have an awful story out of Philadelphia involving a convicted felon who gave his illegally-possessed handgun to his teen sons with tragic results, an alleged domestic abuser who was shot as he tried to break into a South Carolina home, and an Alabama sheriff’s deputy who saved Christmas for a single mom and her kids.

Don’t forget to subscribe to the show at Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, and Townhall.com’s podcast page. On tomorrow’s program, Nikki Goeser will join me to talk about the re-release of her book “Stalked and Defenseless: How Gun Control Helped My Stalker Murder My Husband in Front of Me”, how her husband’s killer has continued to stalk and harrass her from behind bars, and why she’s so passionate about women being able to protect themselves from their abusers.

https://bearingarms.com/came/2019/12/16/can-2a-sanctuary-movement-grow-garden-state/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl&bcid=bc1d86e1053dd21c60a121534def959c

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smokin .50 said:

So who on this forum wants to be in charge of this project?  Be the lead, the Go-To Person.  Maybe get interviewed?

2A:  YOU CAN TALK ABOUT IT OR YOU CAN BE ABOUT IT!

Rosey

I will answer for you - no one -

This was posted yesterday - no comments - 72 views - almost NO uptick in vote counts.

And I have spent most of the day fielding texts telling me that the resolution means nothing - what does it do for us? etc.

The folks texting me all talk and no action and naysayers - typical brainwashed NJersyans......

I bet if a petition was made talking about pork roll or ham - the NJGF community would have the numbers through the roof - this I guess not so much.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1